• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump and GOP Politicians all tweet to Kill FISA. Here's why...

So now the FISA courts are feeding the poor, got it.😜
That response makes no sense. I was simply pointing out that practical freedoms are what we should be aiming for.

That response makes no sense. I was simply pointing out that practical freedoms are what we should be aiming for.
No we should be aiming to fallow the constitution as written, not as we wish it to be, and the FISA courts are an affront to the document.

Otherwise written law means nothing and government has no bounds on it's powers.

We become a nation of men and not a nation of laws, while some prefer that, they only will until the men making arbitrary rulings take liberty from them.

That's what I am trying to get you to see.

None should be subject to arbitrary rulings of men on secret courts.

It's not my job to keep government secrets, it is governments job to fallow the Constitution.

Surely the government wants to keep it's spies secret, and protect on going criminal investigations, but it was able to do that before FISA courts, to the extent it is legal and ethical to do it.

I warn you all again about any government that uses secrecy to crush essential liberty, but you won't listen because you think this is about Trump, but it isn't.

No we should be aiming to fallow the constitution as written, not as we wish it to be, and the FISA courts are an affront to the document.
I disagree. Those are the words of dead people and we should not be bound by that. We are alive today and it is our society today.
Otherwise written law means nothing and government has no bounds on it's powers.

We become a nation of men and not a nation of laws, while some prefer that, they only will until the men making arbitrary rulings take liberty from them.

It's not my job to keep government secrets, it is governments job to fallow the Constitution.

Surely the government wants to keep it's spies secret, and protect on going criminal investigations, but it was able to do that before FISA courts, to the extent it is legal and ethical to do it.

I warn you all again about any government that uses secrecy to crush essential liberty, but you won't listen because you think this is about Trump, but it isn't.
Societies and cultures evolve. Its always going to be a moving target and it always has been and will be a negotiation.

I disagree. Those are the words of dead people. We are alive today and it is our society today.

Societies and cultures evolve, its always going to be a moving target and it always has been and will be a negotiation.
What you agree with doesn't change the law, and the Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

The FISA courts are neither legal nor ethical when used to spy on the American people and deny us due process.

While Trump is for getting rid of FISA, I very much doubt that he is for repealing and replacing the National Emergencies Act of 1976, which is a law that gives the President too much power. If Trump becomes President again, he will very likely invoke that law like he did in 2019.

What you agree with doesn't change the law, and the Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

That is our current setup.
The FISA courts are neither legal nor ethical when used to spy on the American people and deny us due process.
Its legal for at least a few more days.

I have been saying for months that House Republicans loyal to Trump are supporting Russian aggression by not allowing the U.S. to help defend democracy in Ukraine.

Now two prominent Republicans are saying the same thing!

USA Today reports, "A Republican congressman said some of his GOP colleagues are echoing Russian propaganda in opposing additional U.S. military aid to Ukraine.

"We see directly coming from Russia attempts to mask communications that are anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia messages – some of which we even hear being uttered on the House floor," said Rep. Mike Turner, R-Ohio, speaking Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

"Turner said he agreed with Rep. Mike McCaul, R-Tex., who reported that Russian propaganda has "infected a good chunk of my party's base."

FISA allows the US intelligence community to collect the communications records of foreign persons based overseas, but it also allows the FBI to search the data it collects on Americans speaking to foreign nationals of interest to US intelligence.

CNN reports, "House conservatives revolted against GOP leadership and defeated a key vote on the floor Wednesday. Former President Donald Trump called on Republicans to kill the surveillance law.

"Trump had urged House Republicans to reject a reauthorization of the law, known as FISA, ahead of the key procedural vote on Wednesday.

“KILL FISA,” Trump wrote on his social media platform Truth Social.

It is not surprising that Republicans have nothing to say. It is strange that they will vote for a party that is doing everything wrong, and they are unable to defend it.

That is the textbook definition of an anarchist.

Liberty needs to be balanced with security and practical freedoms. I can have all the liberty I want, but if I have no food, then liberty does not matter.

When the government takes away your food to give it to someone else, liberty matters.

I disagree. Those are the words of dead people and we should not be bound by that. We are alive today and it is our society today.

Societies and cultures evolve. Its always going to be a moving target and it always has been and will be a negotiation.

These dead people made a way to change that. We call it amendments.

I've never been on either... Ever.. Both are cesspools... Especially Twitter now...
I am still on Facebook.

Because someone has to go to bed angry tonight, but it doesn't have to be me.

It's about the Moscow Magas.

Hollering "liberty" in America.

While Putin toasts the whole of his scam.

Yeah, let's not worry about proven criminals. :rolleyes: The stupidity from the right is getting worse, if you can imagine that.
Driven by desperation, yes.

This is the Big Moment of the Moscow Magas to terminate a vital and proven national security program.

This is while Trump talks about exploiting the Insurrection Act to send the armed forces into blue swing states and seize voting machines then rerun the voting so Trump can win -- which anyway the armed forces would never do. Indeed, Moscow Magas talking about "liberty" is a massive scale fraud.

FISA, we've got to break the Constitution to protect the constitution, got it.👍

FISA is a natural extension of the existence of classified information. Should we not have classified information?

Before FISA courts, the government spied on US citizens with zero oversight. That’s what you want to return to?

FISA, we've got to break the Constitution to protect the constitution, got it.👍
Which part of the Constitution protects us from warranted wire taps?

FISA is ripe for abuse - Comey signed them and knew they wernt verified ( Russia collusion)
and they do spy on US citizens

Just get warrants in courts
LOL More Russian propaganda. You are so predictable. If Carter Page was not colluding with Russia then no one is.

Why Carter Page Was Worth Watching

There’s plenty of evidence that the former Trump campaign adviser, for all his quirks, was on suspiciously good terms with Russia.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/03/carter-page-nunes-memo-216934/

Back
Top Bottom