• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump, adult children sued by New York attorney general for fraud

The linked article shows the fallacy of just reading headlines. This so-called investigation didn't "clear" Hillary, it aped Comey's magical conclusion Hillary the would be President was incapable of forming the intent to set up and run an illegal server conspiracy for 4 years or more. Democrats maintain she is supremely qualified to be President but was ignorant or indifferent to the regulations and security requirements for official email. Ridiculous.
"As a part of his review, Huber examined documents and conferred with federal law enforcement officials in Little Rock who were handling a meandering probe into the Clinton Foundation, people familiar with the matter said. Current and former officials said that Huber has largely finished and found nothing worth pursuing..."

Time to let it go, azrwinger, you're wrong.

That is what you get with a voluntary settlement, the taint of guilt.

You don't settle unless you know its very unlikely you will win and/or the consequences of pursuing your defense would very likely lead to an even more undesirable outcome. If his charity were not so fraudulent the settement would have been a fine rather than the corporate death sentence and banning Trump from ever having a New York charity again. That was a pretty draconian penalty.

Sorry, we do get to use Trump's settlements against him. He knew that would happen and settled anyway.

As to Democratic smeers? Grow up. This idea the Trump is unfairly treated is a very immature world view. Trump gets himself into trouble because he can not operate inside the law. In fact, law enforcement and democrats have looked the other way on many crimes and unethical behaviors because they only have so many resources. They literally have to pick their battles.
So when Bill paid off Paula Jones $850K with no admission of wrongdoing there is a taint of guilt? Hillary paid part of the settlement from her blind trust so thateans she has the taint too.

There are other reasons besides guilt to settle lawsuits. Getting a new job that was all consuming prompted Trump to settle the Trump University lawsuit. The plaintiffs were looking at a minimum 4 year delay for their day in court with lawyer fees piling up. There is no admission of wrong doing excepted to the deranged Orange man bad mob.

Trump wasn't banned from operating a charity in NY.
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...family-disallowed-operating-charities-new-yo/

Democrats including the current POTUS continue to spout false accusations against Trump, smears, even after they have been debunked. Are you rational enough to admit engaging in the process?

"As a part of his review, Huber examined documents and conferred with federal law enforcement officials in Little Rock who were handling a meandering probe into the Clinton Foundation, people familiar with the matter said. Current and former officials said that Huber has largely finished and found nothing worth pursuing..."

Time to let it go, azrwinger, you're wrong.
So, you agree with AG Barr's conclusion after reviewing Mueller's allegations of obstruction, nothing worth pursuing? Oh wait, that's different.

Not a word about the blatant hypocrisy of Hillary as a qualified Presidential candidate and Hillary the bumbler unable to understand Federal email regulations and procedures.

So when Bill paid off Paula Jones $850K with no admission of wrongdoing there is a taint of guilt? Hillary paid part of the settlement from her blind trust so thateans she has the taint too.

There are other reasons besides guilt to settle lawsuits. Getting a new job that was all consuming prompted Trump to settle the Trump University lawsuit. The plaintiffs were looking at a minimum 4 year delay for their day in court with lawyer fees piling up. There is no admission of wrong doing excepted to the deranged Orange man bad mob.

Trump wasn't banned from operating a charity in NY.
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...family-disallowed-operating-charities-new-yo/

Democrats including the current POTUS continue to spout false accusations against Trump, smears, even after they have been debunked. Are you rational enough to admit engaging in the process?
Hilarious! Trump settled to avoid a potentially even more costly trial. His fake 'university' was deemed fraudulent, in court, by a judge. Are you really ignorant of this? 'New job' my arse :ROFLMAO:

So, you agree with AG Barr's conclusion after reviewing Mueller's allegations of obstruction, nothing worth pursuing? Oh wait, that's different.

I give your deflection a D-. The Republican-led investigations into Clinton went nowhere. Just deal with in.

Not a word about the blatant hypocrisy of Hillary as a qualified Presidential candidate and Hillary the bumbler unable to understand Federal email regulations and procedures.

You're not even saying anything.

Look, accountability is fine and great, so long as it is equally and uniformly applied.

Trump's a jackass, very likely broke a variety of laws over his life, no doubt. I do however look forward to next January how you respond to the Hunter Biden inquiries that are certain to begin.
Hunter Biden? I couldn't give one flying care, but I am consistent. If he broke laws, he should be held accountable. But let's get real: He doesn't matter. He's just the right's wet dream of a diversion from the Trump Criminal Family.

This thread is becoming painful because of you. Endless, relentless, incessant references to Bill and Hillary Clinton. The topic is the Trump Wannabe Mob, but you can't even address it because you're flailing in whataboutisms.

Look, accountability is fine and great, so long as it is equally and uniformly applied.

Trump's a jackass, very likely broke a variety of laws over his life, no doubt. I do however look forward to next January how you respond to the Hunter Biden inquiries that are certain to begin.
"But Hunter Biden" isn't a legal objection. You cannot plea "But Hunter Biden" in court.

Hunter Biden? I couldn't give one flying care, but I am consistent. If he broke laws, he should be held accountable. But let's get real: He doesn't matter. He's just the right's wet dream of a diversion from the Trump Criminal Family.

Maybe it is a GOP conspiracy, maybe it isn't. It doesn't look good when the FBI lies about Hunter's laptop to suppress the media coverage right before the election.

"But Hunter Biden" isn't a legal objection. You cannot plea "But Hunter Biden" in court.

I agree, it has nothing to do with Trump, I just want the same consistency for those looking for Trump's head for wrongdoing when it cuts the other way.

Maybe it is a GOP conspiracy, maybe it isn't. It doesn't look good when the FBI lies about Hunter's laptop to suppress the media coverage right before the election.

I agree, it has nothing to do with Trump, I just want the same consistency for those looking for Trump's head for wrongdoing when it cuts the other way.

It'll go the way of Whitewater gate, Benghazi, Hillary's emails, Uranium 1, Pizzagate and the Durham investigation: nowhere.

Meh. Law enforcement has their shortcomings, but I don't put any stock into the fake law enforcement types who actually have no respect for law enforcement.

That is not a simple fact, its a complex opinion .... complex because it involves multiple variables, most of which you are not privy... hence, its really nothing more than a gut feeling (an ill-informed opinion). Please better understand the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion' as understanding the distinction is key to you achieving the status of credible debater... Here is a little more background on the issue to bring you up to speed.

Meanwhile, you do realize that Comey's sideshow that he ran of announcing no prosecution and then letting Senator's know that he re-opened the case (which was leaked) just before the election likely cost Clinton the election, so it was not without consequence. So enough with this stuff that the FBI did not prosecute to help her in election. They likely cost her the election.

Also, stop with the whataboutism's..... It is a poor debate tactic that should only be used when you can not defend the primary postulate at hand. It is often used in defending Trump because the actions of Trump are not defensible. A "whataboutism" is "I can't speak to the main issue, so what about this other issue?..." And, like most Whataboutisms, what Trump is being accused of is almost always far graver than the whatabout distraction. On this issue as well .....

Case in point: What is relevance does the FBI inquiry into Hillary Clinton's email server when discussing the the NYAG's filing a fraud lawsuit against the Trump Organization? Talk about changing the subject because you can't deal with the topic at hand.....
How credible is it to insist we must willfully blind ourselves to Hillary's blatant illegal activity and the corruption involved in giving her a pass due to unknown factors? In the Democrat narrative we trust, any questions are not permitted. Don't believe your lying eyes, Hillary didn't intend to break the law by decree of the infallible keepers of the rule of law.

Even more incredible than just fabricating an excuse to give Hillary a pass was the treatment of Huma Aberdeen, Hillary's BFF, she dumped government emails on her husband's unsecured laptop a clear violation of law. Comey's FBI to the rescue, again, falsely claiming they had reviewed the emails Huma was let off because she "didn't know" what she was doing.

Hillary concealed her illegal server and failed to turn over her emails for years after leaving the State department for the little people that's a clear sign of consciousness of guilt but not for Hillary.

It's not whataboutism to point out the double standard at work where Hillary is effectively above the law but Trump is guilty by mere accusation. Hillary received every assumption of innocence where the Bad Orange man is assumed guilty and so any perversion of justice or corruption of due process such as pursuing a civil case as an investigative tool for a criminal one is praised as upholding the rule of law.

Back
Top Bottom