• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Administration Beat Biden to the punch sells 9 ANWR oil leases.

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Biden leaped in on Wednesday to block oil leases in ANWR from sale but Trump beat Biden to the punch and sold 9 leases prior to the 20th.

I hope this defangs the Biden order to stop.

Why should you care? If you care about the poor and workers, they need fuel. If you care about them, you want fuel prices to remain fair priced. Even with the panic of CV19 promoted by Democrats, fuel prices have remained fairly priced.

I hope that Biden does not mess this up.

Who has thought fuel prices are too high or conversely too low?

Biden leaped in on Wednesday to block oil leases in ANWR from sale but Trump beat Biden to the punch and sold 9 leases prior to the 20th.

Why should you care? If you care about the poor and workers, they need fuel. If you care about them, you want fuel prices to remain fair priced. Even with the panic of CV19 promoted by Democrats, fuel prices have remained fairly priced.

And you're proud as punch that mining and oil drilling companies can despoil our national lands?

Why don't you want to take good care of the earth God gave us?

The love of money is the root of all evil.

And you're proud as punch that mining and oil drilling companies can despoil our national lands?
They have strict rules so I do not understand the nature of your complaint. Oil Drilling is not mining either.

We had a recent experience here with cable TV. They used the same drilling system used by big oil. Directional drilling.
What we noticed was water was used and collected by the drillers.

Why don't you want to take good care of the earth God gave us?

The love of money is the root of all evil.
I do not understand the nature of what you said? Do you talk that way when drilling for water commences?

This is not the drilling you see in the movies of old gushers and so on.

They won't despoil our national lands, what ever you mean by that.

Can't you appreciate the beauty of the earth? Do you really want oil spills contaminating this land?

The world is moving towards renewable energy. Let's go in that direction instead of continuing to destroy the earth with pollution.

Anwr, Alaska

22447144_web1_200819_YKN_news_ANWR_665-wb_1.jpg

I am one who thinks perhaps oil is still being created in our Earth.

Thomas Gold in his book The Deep Hot Biosphere first laid it out.

Abstract
Twenty-five years ago this month, Thomas Gold published a seminal manuscript suggesting the presence of a “deep, hot biosphere” in the Earth’s crust. Since this publication, a considerable amount of attention has been given to the study of deep biospheres, their role in geochemical cycles, and their potential to inform on the origin of life and its potential outside of Earth. Overwhelming evidence now supports the presence of a deep biosphere ubiquitously distributed on Earth in both terrestrial and marine settings. Furthermore, it has become apparent that much of this life is dependent on lithogenically sourced high-energy compounds to sustain productivity. A vast diversity of uncultivated microorganisms has been detected in subsurface environments, and we show that H2, CH4, and CO feature prominently in many of their predicted metabolisms. Despite 25 years of intense study, key questions remain on life in the deep subsurface, including whether it is endemic and the extent of its involvement in the anaerobic formation and degradation of hydrocarbons. Emergent data from cultivation and next-generation sequencing approaches continue to provide promising new hints to answer these questions. As Gold suggested, and as has become increasingly evident, to better understand the subsurface is critical to further understanding the Earth, life, the evolution of life, and the potential for life elsewhere.

PS the part you show in the photo is not leased for drilling.

How much of the oil and gas will be used by the US vs. how much will be exported by the oil company that has the lease?

I am one who thinks perhaps oil is still being created in our Earth.

Thomas Gold in his book The Deep Hot Biosphere first laid it out.

Abstract
Twenty-five years ago this month, Thomas Gold published a seminal manuscript suggesting the presence of a “deep, hot biosphere” in the Earth’s crust. Since this publication, a considerable amount of attention has been given to the study of deep biospheres, their role in geochemical cycles, and their potential to inform on the origin of life and its potential outside of Earth. Overwhelming evidence now supports the presence of a deep biosphere ubiquitously distributed on Earth in both terrestrial and marine settings. Furthermore, it has become apparent that much of this life is dependent on lithogenically sourced high-energy compounds to sustain productivity. A vast diversity of uncultivated microorganisms has been detected in subsurface environments, and we show that H2, CH4, and CO feature prominently in many of their predicted metabolisms. Despite 25 years of intense study, key questions remain on life in the deep subsurface, including whether it is endemic and the extent of its involvement in the anaerobic formation and degradation of hydrocarbons. Emergent data from cultivation and next-generation sequencing approaches continue to provide promising new hints to answer these questions. As Gold suggested, and as has become increasingly evident, to better understand the subsurface is critical to further understanding the Earth, life, the evolution of life, and the potential for life elsewhere.

PS the part you show in the photo is not leased for drilling.
We're in deep doo doo because excess heat energy is being trapped in the biosphere, and we've polluted the biosphere.

Google is your friend.
Yes it is. I just thought I would check to see if you knew the answer since you in favor of the leases and made the statement about the poor people needing the fuel.

The answer is we don't know till the company drills has a product available for sell. Current trends would indicate that some of it will be exported and not go to US customers.

We're awash in oil. We don't need 10 or 15 gigantic Valdez oil spills up there ruining the habitat. Coronavirus has cut driving by 50%. The oil co's don't know what to do with the excess. I hope he blocks the leases permanently.

And when there is another ecological disaster, these same right wingers will come back and say, "who could have predicted that would happen?"

Yeah, **** the environment of one of the last unspoiled areas in the country...... MAGA ya'll!!!

Didn't that auction go bust and not bring in the expected revenue? In fact, nine of the eleven tracts sold were bought up by State owned Economic Development Corporation. SO Alaska ended up buying Alaska.

Seems like no one really wants to drill there.

Can't you appreciate the beauty of the earth? Do you really want oil spills contaminating this land?

The world is moving towards renewable energy. Let's go in that direction instead of continuing to destroy the earth with pollution.

Anwr, Alaska

22447144_web1_200819_YKN_news_ANWR_665-wb_1.jpg

You keep showing non drilling locations.

Didn't that auction go bust and not bring in the expected revenue? In fact, nine of the eleven tracts sold were bought up by State owned Economic Development Corporation. SO Alaska ended up buying Alaska.

Seems like no one really wants to drill there.

9 large leases were sold.

You should watch an anime called Princess Mononoke. It will change your heart about protecting the environment.

Drilling is straight down into earth and for fractured drilling the drill is steered to the part they want to extract oil from.

I am all for a wonderful environment.

9 large leases were sold.

Not one to a major player in the extraction game. They expected $1.8 Billion in revenues over the next decade. The lease auction only brought in $14.4 Million.... most of that coming from the State of Alaska's development corporation.

If there was a punch to beat it landed softly.

Maybe people don't want to drill there much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom