• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump accuses Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower (1 Viewer)

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation underscores the high stakes of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

Funny, when the FBI was asked to say publicly what they told the WH, the the Russian connection with Trump was BS, he said no. Why should the JD?

WASHINGTON —
Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation underscores the high stakes of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

Funny, when the FBI was asked to say publicly what they told the WH, the the Russian connection with Trump was BS, he said no. Why should the JD?

Given the media war going on I would be surprised if they did not put up a fight.

There either was or was not fisa requests. We will find out eventually.

Mark Levin: "The Evidence Is Overwhelming" That Obama Spied On Trump | Video | RealClearPolitics

Check out that video. That is one clear paper trail.

It's going to get uglier before it's all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

Reason Bi Partisan Committee is needed.

Then there was no wire tap warrant ? All those phone transcripts were obtaine illegally then, and then refered to by multiple Democrats and MSM as " proof " of collusion

Besides, the FBI didnt petiton FISA, Obama's DOJ did

Proof, and I asked a question- care to answer?
Where did I bring up No Warrant??

Here is another little (well, maybe not so little to some people) wrinkle in this whole wiretapping mess.

Let's summarize, shall we?

1. Trump tweets about wiretaps.

2. Democrats, Mainstream Media, talking potato heads and various GOP NeverTrump people are outraged, deny everything, etc.

3. Obama, through a spokesman (I guess he's too busy to speak for himself) denies that he "ordered" any wiretaps.

4. Clapper says he never heard about any wiretaps on Trump, his campaign or his people...or the Trump Tower. (Clapper is hardly credible, but let's just pretend he's telling the truth)

So...according to all these people Trump is making **** up...there is no basis for anything he's said about wiretaps...etc.
But...we also have a boatload of articles from a wide variety of Mainstream Media, including NYT, CNN, MSN, Fox, ABC, CBS, etc, as well as a bunch of not so Mainstream Media organizations that have cited these very wiretaps as well as other investigative methods that have resulted in some kind of "Russian Connection".
So...the question now is...who do we believe? The media who have been talking about all these "sources" of their anti-Trump stories? The media who now deny these sources exist? The Obama people who deny everything?
Or, should we all just take everyone's word for everything...except Trump's word of course because...well, because he's Trump, right?
I'm thinking Trump just screwed somebody this weekend. Either Obama and his administration or the media.

Well,the latest from the WH is that the PotUS was just talking about the potential for Obama to have ordered a tap on him, not that Obama had actually done such a thing.

White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said:
All we’re saying is let’s take a closer look. Let’s look into this. If this happened, if this is accurate, this is the biggest overreach.”

'This Week' Transcript 3-5-17

Seems quite the change of tone from yesterday.

Last edited:

PLEASE STOP IT; you are gonna make the heads of the Trumpetteers explode like thermonuclear bombs

please think about the children ............................

Well,the latest from the WH is that the PotUS was just talking about the potential for Obama to have ordered a tap on him, not that Obama had actually done such a thing.

Seems quite the change of tone from yesterday.

I had to laugh when I read this:

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT FOR 'THIS WEEK' on March 5, 2017 and it will be updated.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Starting right now on a special edition of THIS WEEK WITH GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS, the Russian connection -- the explosive allegation from President Trump claiming the Trump campaign was wiretapped by President Obama. Trump offering no proof to back up this claim. Obama denying any White House involvement. The bombshell accusation pitting the president against the former president.

The big questions -- was there a wiretap at Trump Tower?

If there was, what did it find?

If there wasn't, why is Trump leveling this charge?

All this as another member of Team Trump is clouded by possible ties to Russia.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JEFF SESSIONS, ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES: I have recused myself in the matters that deal with the Trump campaign.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Will these Russian revelations overshadow Trump's first 100 days?

Who's telling the truth?

Complete coverage this morning, as we break down the Russian connection.

From ABC News, it's a special edition of THIS WEEK.

Here now, co-anchor Martha Raddatz.

Bias? Spin? What bias? What spin? :roll:

In any case, Radditz just outed NYT as spreading fake news. "...but the NYT doesn't say anything definitive..."

So that brings me right back to my questions:

So...the question now is...who do we believe? The media who have been talking about all these "sources" of their anti-Trump stories? The media who now deny these sources exist? The Obama people who deny everything?
Or, should we all just take everyone's word for everything...except Trump's word of course because...well, because he's Trump, right?

I had to laugh when I read this:
Bias? Spin? What bias? What spin? :roll:
In any case, Radditz just outed NYT as spreading fake news. "...but the NYT doesn't say anything definitive..."
So that brings me right back to my questions:

It seems that the aspersions you cast on the TV show don't impact the credibility of the WH spokesperson who was on the show—White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The WH came out and said that the tweet didn't actually mean that Obama had the phones tapped.

The WH said that they meant only that the possibility should be looked at.

Or, leastwise, the WH ain't actually certain things went down as the WH originally reported.

White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said:
All we’re saying is let’s take a closer look.
Let’s look into this.
If this happened, if this is accurate, this is the biggest overreach.

'This Week' Transcript 3-5-17

The White House doesn't seem quite as sure as you do.

It seems that the aspersions you cast on the TV show don't impact the credibility of the WH spokesperson who was on the show—White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The WH came out and said that the tweet didn't actually mean that Obama had the phones tapped.

The WH said that they meant only that the possibility should be looked at.

Or, leastwise, the WH ain't actually certain things went down as the WH originally reported.

The White House doesn't seem quite as sure as you do.

None of that matters because the White House CANNOT provide the evidence everyone is demanding without giving classified information to the media and the public. That is against the law. That's why the WH is requesting a Congressional investigation. Congress CAN receive the information. Congress CAN act on their determination. And the WH will not be a part of it.

The thing is, though, Radditz has been around the block more than once. She knows all this. Yet, she still plays these Mainstream Media games to make the WH look bad.

Like I said...bias?...spin? What bias? What spin? (and the useful idiots, low info folks, liberals and trump haters lap that **** up.

None of that matters because the White House CANNOT provide the evidence everyone is demanding without giving classified information to the media and the public. That is against the law. That's why the WH is requesting a Congressional investigation. Congress CAN receive the information. Congress CAN act on their determination. And the WH will not be a part of it.

The thing is, though, Radditz has been around the block more than once. She knows all this. Yet, she still plays these Mainstream Media games to make the WH look bad.

Like I said...bias?...spin? What bias? What spin? (and the useful idiots, low info folks, liberals and trump haters lap that **** up.

Trump can declassify that information.

You know, the longer this goes on, the less Trump seems like The President and more like some crazy old hermit in his bathrobe holed up in a big, dark mansion.

The WH doesn't have to reveal any evidence to know something happened.

The WH now says it doesn't actually know if Obama tapped Trump's phones.

Is you position that we should take the WH at it's word on this?

Reason Bi Partisan Committee is needed.

Yes. One will have to be recruited from another dimension or deep space to meet the criteria.

None of that matters because the White House CANNOT provide the evidence everyone is demanding without giving classified information to the media and the public. That is against the law.

If it is advantageous information can be declassified.

Asking/demanding does not mean one will receive anything.

People just need to go to work and take care of their own business.

Did you that kimmel bussed a sex offender to the oscars?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...ago-registered-sex-offender-article-1.2984739

I found the entire situation hilarious.

Trump can declassify that information.

You know, the longer this goes on, the less Trump seems like The President and more like some crazy old hermit in his bathrobe holed up in a big, dark mansion.

No. He cannot.

But yeah...y'all would love it if he went around declassifying stuff. LOL!! The media would have a field day with that, wouldn't they?

The WH doesn't have to reveal any evidence to know something happened.

The WH now says it doesn't actually know if Obama tapped Trump's phones.

Is you position that we should take the WH at it's word on this?

LOL!!

Have you even been reading the news? Every headline is "With No Evidence...blah, blah, blah."

But no, I agree with Trump. I'd like to see Congress investigate and find out just what happened.

Clapper's a honest guy...:roll:

Former Bush attorney general: Trump right that there was surveillance
Former Bush attorney general: Trump likely right about surveillance | TheHill

If there was no wire taps, where did all these phone transcripts come from ?

...from article...

"...Mukasey said if there were a wiretap on Trump Tower, it would mean that there was suspicion someone had been acting as Russian agent...."

So, if true, which Trump staffer is acting as a Russian agent?

LOL!!

Have you even been reading the news? Every headline is "With No Evidence...blah, blah, blah."

But no, I agree with Trump. I'd like to see Congress investigate and find out just what happened.

Glad to see the Trump administration is fully endorsing congressional inquiry of the Russian connections to the Trump campaign.

Do you agree with yesterday's tweet?
Or with today's 'clarification' of the tweet?

Glad to see the Trump administration is fully endorsing congressional inquiry of the Russian connections to the Trump campaign.

You wish. LOL!!

But that's not what he's asking Congress to investigate.

Do you agree with yesterday's tweet?
Or with today's 'clarification' of the tweet?

I agree that the Obama administration wiretrapped Trump's phones...among other things. I agree with Trump's request that Congress investigate the wiretrapping to find out if it was politically motivated or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom