• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s pre-runoff message: Terminate the Constitution

Not all conservatives. Just the MAGAs. There are still conservatives who believe in our institutions and lobby for small government and fiscal responsibility.
If there still are conservatives that believe that way, they need to grow some cajones and take their party back. Otherwise they are just feckless losers.

If there still are conservatives that believe that way, they need to grow some cajones and take their party back. Otherwise they are just feckless losers.
I cannot argue with that.

Not all conservatives. Just the MAGAs. There are still conservatives who believe in our institutions and lobby for small government and fiscal responsibility.
You mean the conservatives who left the party because of Trump, because I know non MAGA cons that still voted for Trump in 2020. There may be more than a few old school cons still in the party, but if they're voting for Trump you have to wonder what they now believe.

That's not really very correct IMO. 'Small government' and 'fiscal responsibility' are false propaganda, sheep's clothing for bad policies. They're the party of 'fiscal responsibility' whose one priority is oligarchy, who has given the country $50 trillion shifted to the rich and $30 trillion in debt to do it and massive political corruption to support it.

Like many DP members in the other thread on this topic, Politico has totally misunderstood what Trump said...though Politico has done so deliberately.

Here is an explanation of what Trump said...in simple terms:

watch-for-my-new-reality-show-the-biggest-sore-loser.jpg

Prescient?

Um, even with Covid and traitor trump's disaster on it, 77,000 votes and he'd have been re-elected, and without the mishandling of Covid it looks likely he'd have won? Republicans have a real chance in 2024. I'm hopeful but don't think it's clear who will win.

...everyone else, the antitdote?

They (the pox on all of our houses) post as if they cannot even comprehend such a thing even being raised.

Last edited:
They meet each Sunday for brunch in the phone booth on the corner.

The upside is that this handful of actual conservatives don't give any mind right now to their stingy small government and their fiscal blah blah.

They're spending all their time working to keep our democracy under the Constitution. I appreciate 'em and I commend them for that. So yes, they're invaluable in this respect.

That's not really very correct IMO. 'Small government' and 'fiscal responsibility' are false propaganda, sheep's clothing for bad policies. They're the party of 'fiscal responsibility' whose one priority is oligarchy, who has given the country $50 trillion shifted to the rich and $30 trillion in debt to do it and massive political corruption to support it.
We started to go downhill after W. Under W. we got the Department of Homeland Security a huge tax drain. We could have just fortified the NSA. But, you're right. Republicans haven't held to their principles since then.

I did. I do. You don't know how.
So. If a candidate loses an election, they claim fraud, they exercise their constitutionally proscribed right to challenge it, they lose, so we suspend the constitution because the loser insists they won?

Is that really the precedent we want to set?

You realize that is how banana republics do it right?

What else can we suspend the constitution for?

We started to go downhill after W. Under W. we got the Department of Homeland Security a huge tax drain. We could have just fortified the NSA. But, you're right. Republicans haven't held to their principles since then.
It's worse than that.

This fight goes back over a century, when Progressive Republican Teddy Roosevelt fought with his own hand-picked successor, Taft. By the 1920's, the Republican Party was strong oligarchy, leading us to the Great Depression.

The wrong turn for the country away from the FDR era came with Nixon, who quietly led the Republican Party to even more become the party of oligarchy. That's when you see the shifts - the big money take over politics, Heritage, Cato, AEI, the Supreme Court shifting to its 'speech is money' type views; the Federalist Society, Milton Friedman, etc.

That came home with Reagan, who put the country on track for these policies - saying he was a fiscal conservative who hated debt, while he was the first president ever to create a huge peacetime debt, to pay for tax cuts for the rich, tripling our national debt, the beginning of our $30 trillion debt, supporting a policy called "stave the beast".

It continued since. More tax cuts for the rich and debt from them with W and traitor trump.

It's worse than that.

This fight goes back over a century, when Progressive Republican Teddy Roosevelt fought with his own hand-picked successor, Taft. By the 1920's, the Republican Party was strong oligarchy, leading us to the Great Depression.

The wrong turn for the country away from the FDR era came with Nixon, who quietly led the Republican Party to even more become the party of oligarchy. That's when you see the shifts - the big money take over politics, Heritage, Cato, AEI, the Supreme Court shifting to its 'speech is money' type views; the Federalist Society, Milton Friedman, etc.

That came home with Reagan, who put the country on track for these policies - saying he was a fiscal conservative who hated debt, while he was the first president ever to create a huge peacetime debt, to pay for tax cuts for the rich, tripling our national debt, the beginning of our $30 trillion debt, supporting a policy called "stave the beast".

It continued since. More tax cuts for the rich and debt from them with W and traitor trump.
Yours is a really accurate accounting of recent history. At least under Nixon, the EPA was formed. Republicans started attacking that institution during the Gingrich era.

I did. I do. You don't know how.
No, you didn't, your cult leader has no respect for the constitution, just his fat ass.

So. If a candidate loses an election, they claim fraud, they exercise their constitutionally proscribed right to challenge it, they lose, so we suspend the constitution because the loser insists they won?

Is that really the precedent we want to set?

You realize that is how banana republics do it right?

What else can we suspend the constitution for?
Nobody has suggested we suspend the Constitution.

Yours is a really accurate accounting of recent history. At least under Nixon, the EPA was formed. Republicans started attacking that institution during the Gingrich era.
In my opinion, here's the deal.

It's about power. For that whole century, Republicans were the party of oligarchy, but they had to behave very differently when the country's politics were against that. So if you look at the 1956 Republican platform, it sounds like Bernie Sanders. The country's culture at the time was still the FDR era. Republicans left in place those top 90% tax rates even though they held all branches. You had to look to find the oligarchy.

By Nixon's time, see all the things I cited how 'behind the scenes' he and the Republican Party launched the modern totall serving oligarchy agenda, but Nixon well recognized the political issues to 'look' more moderate. And he was right. His approach led him to be re-elected by 49 states.

We could list a lot of policies where he 'appealed to the country' by supporting more liberal policies, but let's let a secret recording of him talking about it show his views.

They are universally disdainful of arms control. While Nixon was beginning the bomb the hell out of Cambodia (one of his least popular policies), he remarked to Kissinger: “Looking back over the past year we have been praised for all the wrong things: Okinawa, SALT, germs, Nixon Doctrine. Now [we are] finally doing the right thing.”...

As for arms control, Nixon told Kissinger that “I don’t give a damn about SALT; I just couldn’t care less about it.” On the kinds of technical matters that concerned security wonks, like the number of radars or missile interceptors, Nixon privately explained that “I don’t think it makes a hell of a lot of difference,” and that he thought the arms controllers were real chumps about this kind of thing. He opposed an anti-ballistic missile site in the nation’s capital because:

I don’t want Washington. I don’t like the feel of Washington. I don’t like that goddamn command airplane or any of this. I don’t believe in all that crap. I think the idea of building a new system around Washington is stupid.
Which you have to admit is sort of a novel argument against anti-ballistic missiles, right? Because you don’t actually like the nation’s capital that you’re President of. He dismissed the Biological Weapons Convention as “the silly biological warfare thing, which doesn’t mean anything,” as opposed to what he considered the really important stuff — again, the war in Vietnam.

He 'didn't give a crap' about those 'liberal policies', domestically or on things like arms control or banning germ warfare; it was political maneuvering. The people want an EPA, fine. People give him way too much credit as actually supporting those policies.

And that's the story with Reagan and Bush, they would do what was politically expedient, but push right. And the politics of the time make them look more moderate in hindsight.

At the time Reagan was rightly seen as too much a right-wing nutjob to be president by many, he'd led the right against Medicare; in hindsight people point at 'look at his compromise to save Social Security, look at his moderation on gun control, look at his amnesty for undocumented immigrants'. While he historically put the country on the road to oligarchy much more and had many terrible, radical, criminal policies.

You mention by Gingrich, Republicans were attacking the EPA; do you know who Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was? Or remember Ann Gorsuch, radical and corrupt anti-environmentalist who eventually resigned in a scandal, and was mother to the now terrible Supreme Court Justice Alito?

Traitor trump is a 'next step' in that process going beyond plutocracy, to not only naked plutocracy but authoritarianism, openly trying to steal the presidency (the party, not just him). Where hundreds of candidates ran on a platform of stealing elections. It's a progression I point to Nixon on and the systemic changes to have 'big money' take over politics.

The last time we had more democracy was the 1980 election, when both Reagan and Carter ran using public funds, and there were 1,000 or fewer Washington lobbyists, before exploding to 35,000, and members of Congress spending half their time dialing for dollars, with several billion dollars spent per election deciding who wins. Changes from the Nixon period.

And it's more complicated than that. Fox is a huge factor, with its own motivations about making money, for example, but it results in the current situation with oligarchy the dominant threat to the country.

Um, even with Covid and traitor trump's disaster on it, 77,000 votes and he'd have been re-elected, and without the mishandling of Covid it looks likely he'd have won? Republicans have a real chance in 2024. I'm hopeful but don't think it's clear who will win.
All but two of the past six elections of the Potus have been a close shave and a buzzcut. Only Obama won decisively both times.

In 2000 Florida and the supreme court finagled a 540 vote win for GW in Florida while his older bro Jeb was governor and who had sworn incredulously his hands off. There's no evidence either way on that btw, probably because it was too much for anyone to handle if the pledge had been investigated. It's just hard to believe the electorally ruthless Bush Family would not have used every asset it had in a Potus election.

As documented in the WaPo, in 2016 Trump won 18 states by fewer than 250,000 votes; Clinton won 13 of 'em by the same margin.

The most important states were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points -- and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes = 80,000 votes rounded off from 79,646.

Those three wins gave Trump 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too.

You carefully didn't use "if" in your post -- which I've used twice in this my post -- but that's what your post is about. I understand your point however and for sure. I'm just expanding on the ifs, ands, buts of it that are outdone by what actually occurred.

While these recent elections local, state, federal have mostly been close in so many states, the midterm shows that with new voters -- primarily Gen Z and single women -- the Democrats will prevail across the board as long as they can goose the turnout. The fulcrum is that Democrats add while Republicans subtract then make it more difficult for Democrats to vote. I note this rather than announce it because the midterms record shows this to be accurate and true.

This includes the endless crying of fraud by the American Armband Right that now wants to cancel the Constitution. This significant step has always been foreseen and now marks the tipping point -- just not yet literally -- by which America has entered the red zone. Trump had planned to cancel the Constitution during his second term as Potus/CinC, so he's doing it now instead because this weekend is as good a time as any -- he's hoping it can revive Walker in GA which it of course will not. When we look at state elected officials in GA it is clear voters just aren't as armband radical reactionary as Trump is. I think this will tighten the race however that has been slipping away from Walker.

Last edited:
DONALD TRUMP, the former president and the person that polls show is still the most likely GOP presidential nominee in 2024, today on Truth Social called for the suspension of the Constitution to overturn the 2020 election, citing false conspiracy theories about election fraud.

How many of you who like to say you support the constitution will continue defending Trump?
Another reminder from Traitor Trump why Americans should be grateful that he didn’t win in ‘20. 👍👍

In 2000 Florida and the supreme court finagled a 540 vote win for GW in Florida while his older bro Jeb was governor and who had sworn incredulously his hands off. There's no evidence either way on that btw, probably because it was too much for anyone to handle if the pledge had been investigated. It's just hard to believe the electorally ruthless Bush Family would not have used every asset it had in a Potus election.

There's lots of evidence. The election was stolen. Check the history with his Secretary of State, Katherine Harris as far as Jeb's role. Greg Palast's investigastive reporting uncovered a lot; the recount by the media showed Gore won as well, which was suppressed because it was found just after 9/11.

When we look at state elected officials in GA it is clear voters just aren't as armband radical reactionary as Trump is.

Imagine Hitler out of power, as just a crazy ranting guy. That's a bit what it resembles. Thank goodness. Let's hope it stays that way.

There's lots of evidence. The election was stolen. Check the history with his Secretary of State, Katherine Harris as far as Jeb's role. Greg Palast's investigastive reporting uncovered a lot; the recount by the media showed Gore won as well, which was suppressed because it was found just after 9/11.

Imagine Hitler out of power, as just a crazy ranting guy. That's a bit what it resembles. Thank goodness. Let's hope it stays that way.
Thx for that cause I missed it in all the commotion of the time and was out of the country then and for some time afterward.

As to Hitler one can foresee his time in jail as becoming incorporated into Trump and Maga down the investigations road. That if Trump is going to be locked up then don't do it because of Hitler being locked up. Cause Hitler was a nice guy until he went off the deep end BECAUSE he was locked up by vengeful haters. I mean these traitors are calling now for terminating the Constitution. What then about saying something nice about Hitler and blaming others who locked him up for his lunacy. It would be the new Armband Right theme movie, Saving President Trump. FBI and the "deep state" have been the bad guys for years now already. Merritt Garland is simply the newest criminal oppressor of the free and the brave as the absurd Armband Right claims to be. They've never been anything but lunatics.

With Trump it's always so needlessly and excessively over the top.
I'm tired of it.

In my opinion, here's the deal.

It's about power. For that whole century, Republicans were the party of oligarchy, but they had to behave very differently when the country's politics were against that. So if you look at the 1956 Republican platform, it sounds like Bernie Sanders. The country's culture at the time was still the FDR era. Republicans left in place those top 90% tax rates even though they held all branches. You had to look to find the oligarchy.

By Nixon's time, see all the things I cited how 'behind the scenes' he and the Republican Party launched the modern totall serving oligarchy agenda, but Nixon well recognized the political issues to 'look' more moderate. And he was right. His approach led him to be re-elected by 49 states.

We could list a lot of policies where he 'appealed to the country' by supporting more liberal policies, but let's let a secret recording of him talking about it show his views.

He 'didn't give a crap' about those 'liberal policies', domestically or on things like arms control or banning germ warfare; it was political maneuvering. The people want an EPA, fine. People give him way too much credit as actually supporting those policies.

And that's the story with Reagan and Bush, they would do what was politically expedient, but push right. And the politics of the time make them look more moderate in hindsight.

At the time Reagan was rightly seen as too much a right-wing nutjob to be president by many, he'd led the right against Medicare; in hindsight people point at 'look at his compromise to save Social Security, look at his moderation on gun control, look at his amnesty for undocumented immigrants'. While he historically put the country on the road to oligarchy much more and had many terrible, radical, criminal policies.

You mention by Gingrich, Republicans were attacking the EPA; do you know who Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was? Or remember Ann Gorsuch, radical and corrupt anti-environmentalist who eventually resigned in a scandal, and was mother to the now terrible Supreme Court Justice Alito?

Traitor trump is a 'next step' in that process going beyond plutocracy, to not only naked plutocracy but authoritarianism, openly trying to steal the presidency (the party, not just him). Where hundreds of candidates ran on a platform of stealing elections. It's a progression I point to Nixon on and the systemic changes to have 'big money' take over politics.

The last time we had more democracy was the 1980 election, when both Reagan and Carter ran using public funds, and there were 1,000 or fewer Washington lobbyists, before exploding to 35,000, and members of Congress spending half their time dialing for dollars, with several billion dollars spent per election deciding who wins. Changes from the Nixon period.

And it's more complicated than that. Fox is a huge factor, with its own motivations about making money, for example, but it results in the current situation with oligarchy the dominant threat to the country.
Great information! How did you know that about Alito's mom?

Yes, the solution is to get money out of politics. With removal of special interests our government might start focusing on their job: Serving their actual constituents.

Or remember Ann Gorsuch, radical and corrupt anti-environmentalist who eventually resigned in a scandal, and was mother to the now terrible Supreme Court Justice Alito?
Coincidentally Justice Neil Gorsuch's mother shared the same name.

How about if we terminate the obvious? :) :)
I'd settle for Don-The-Con being placed in a secure institution or a nursing home and limit his phone access to 20 supervised minutes a day.

Like many DP members in the other thread on this topic, Politico has totally misunderstood what Trump said...though Politico has done so deliberately.

Here is an explanation of what Trump said...in simple terms:

1k5rzy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom