• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s crushed economy

And . . .? Considering where COVID drove employment, he brought it back pretty well.
Very well and far better than expected.
NBC just released a brand new poll which is getting a fair amount of press today. This was one of the most interesting categories in the poll, IMO. Look at the 3 non-pandemic years of Trump's 4 years in office (2017, 2018, 2019) compared to all the other years in the chart. Trump certainly knew how to create a prosperous nation with feelings of positivity among its citizens. Not any of all the other years listed even came close to the Trump years for people feeling they were the "best years" or "above-average years" for the U.S..
FYI, there are some very interesting categories within this very inclusive poll for anyone interested. Many of them are quite pertinent to the new administration. Here is a link to the full poll for anyone interested: 12210016 NBC News Poll (1-19-21 Release) - DocumentCloud

Screenshot 2021-01-19 203046.png

Imagine how much worse that'd be if a Democrat were in charge.

Why do we have to compare Republicans’ made up fantasies about made up Democratic failures to Republican real world disasters?

CBO on the the first three months of FY 2021. Interest that the media and Biden are whining about how bad it is.

A quick summary:
View attachment 67314314

Reviews down less than 1% - with a pandemic to fight.
Well its good to see you finally understand that stimulus is a good thing. Sure it drives up the deficit short term but sometimes it's necessary (unlike tax cuts to rich people and corporations in a growing economy). Remember when your conservative masters had you whipped into a state of fear and panic that President Obama's now laughably small stimulus was going to cause "hyper inflation, dollar collapse, market to zero"? I do.

Putting inept and incompetent morons in charge often has a negative economic impact, whether at the national or corporate level.

Well its good to see you finally understand that stimulus is a good thing. Sure it drives up the deficit short term but sometimes it's necessary (unlike tax cuts to rich people and corporations in a growing economy). Remember when your conservative masters had you whipped into a state of fear and panic that President Obama's now laughably small stimulus was going to cause "hyper inflation, dollar collapse, market to zero"? I do.
Sorry, Vern, but if you think I’m saying the Stimulus was a “good thing”, you’re misunderstanding me. Studies have shown most of the money we handed out went into savings or to pay down debt - no stimulative action. Keynes has been dead for a long time and his ideas have been disproven continually.

Studies have shown most of the money we handed out went into savings or to pay down debt - no stimulative action.

If someone pays down debt they now have more money each month to spend on other things than paying off debt

Studies have shown most of the money we handed out went into savings or to pay down debt - no stimulative action.
ooooo, I think those studies show what happens when you give money to people who dont need it. You know, like rich people and corporations. Sadly we'll never know because it would require you to back your post. anyhoo, if you could just state "3 trillion in stimulus had no effect on the economy" I would appreciate it. You can even cut and paste it. thanks in advance.

I think this has more to do with Governor's who "shut-down" their States based on fears of Covid-19. Prior to Covid-19 our employment figures were the best in US history.

So much so that even the Democrats worried that the economy would make Trump a shoe-in for re-election.

Covid-19 gave China and the Democrats just what they needed to make sure he was not re-elected. Damage to the economy and fear-mongering to change the voting processes.

(BTW, despite their allegedly slip-shod reaction to the outbreak, China...a nation of BILLIONS...has reported a total of 99,026 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 4,805 deaths between Jan 3 to 6:44pm CET, 19 January 2021. China: WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard | WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard ) Makes one wonder about the "intentional release conspiracy theory."

Last edited:
ooooo, I think those studies show what happens when you give money to people who dont need it. You know, like rich people and corporations. Sadly we'll never know because it would require you to back your post. anyhoo, if you could just state "3 trillion in stimulus had no effect on the economy" I would appreciate it. You can even cut and paste it. thanks in advance.
Rich people aren’t getting the checks and inhanced unemployment, Vern. Most are getting REPLACEMENT money for what they’ve lost by being fired or having to close their businesses. Said what I want to say, Vern. Don’t hold your breath waiting for my next response.

I think this has more to do with Governor's who "shut-down" their States based on fears of "covid-19." Prior to Covid-19 our employment figures were the best in US history.
Full disclosure - I applauded Gov Newsom for his initial reaction in implementation the lock-down; of course that was when the meme was “bend the curve down” and it was only going to be two weeks or so. Now, he’s come up permulation after permutation of rules, restrictions, statistics, etc. AND Calironia is STILL the leader in cases, etc.

Rich people aren’t getting the checks and inhanced unemployment, Vern. Most are getting REPLACEMENT money for what they’ve lost by being fired or having to close their businesses. Said what I want to say, Vern. Don’t hold your breath waiting for my next response.
yea, I'm gonna need you to read your own post. You said " studies have shown most of the money we handed out went into savings or to pay down debt - no stimulative action." You posted that made up statement to dispute the effects of Trump's 3 trillion in stimulus. Now you are babbling the opposite. You know what would clear up your constant confusion? post the studies you think you read.

Oh and BE, you dont have announce that you will once again cowardly cut and run when facts and logic are posted. Its a given.

Why do we have to compare Republicans’ made up fantasies about made up Democratic failures to Republican real world disasters?
Yes, why would you want to when there are plenty of real Democrat failures to point to?

Yes, why would you want to when there are plenty of real Democrat failures to point to?

Evidently not, you had to just make one up out of whole cloth.

ooooo Taylor, you zinged her good. if this a conservative chatroom or elementary school playground, you'd be king for a day.

ooooo Taylor, you zinged her good. if this a conservative chatroom or elementary school playground, you'd be king for a day.
Vern!! Thanks, my friend. You give me a chuckle every time you post.

Back
Top Bottom