• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump’s big distortions on mail-in voting

Every VALID vote should count... I am entirely in favor of states creating methods to allow voters to correct deficiencies in order for their ballots to count.

Best way to do that- vote in person. Step up , verify you are authorized to vote, and cast your ballot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way to do that- vote in person. Step up , verify you are authorized to vote, and cast your ballot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Voters should vote in the most convenient way for them...

Illinois has had mail-in ballots since 1775. Trump has made mail-in ballots an issue because he is losing and hopes to suppress the vote, make it harder for people to vote, and sew doubt among his supporters about the expected outcome. Trump himself has used mail-in ballots his entire life, and his campaign is sending postcards to Republican voters encouraging mail-in voting.

Vote-by-mail is more secure than in-person voting. It is also faster, more economical, and much easier for the voter, which encourages higher voter participation than in-person voting.

All of the objections to vote-by-mail that I’ve seen in this thread and elsewhere were brought up when Oregon was considering changing to all vote-by-mail twenty-one years ago. Oregon has had all vote-by-mail for twenty years now, and it works just fine, none of those objections at the start have proved valid, and Oregon consistently has one of the highest voter participation percentages in the country.

Forget voter fraud, that has been proved over and over again to be so rare as to be statistically irrelevant. The main reason many people, and one political party in particular, fight so hard against vote-by-mail is because it effectively nullifies most of their favorite methods of voter suppression, which they depend upon to win elections.

Despite partisan fears, research suggests neither party gains an advantage with mail-in voting. You may be surprised to learn that in 2016, 33% of the votes were mail-in votes. A panel that Trump charged with investigating election corruption found no real evidence of fraud before he disbanded it in 2018.

Will all due respect to you humble,
I dont hive a rats ass what Trump or anyone elses opinion is on it. I shared my opinion on it. I am 100% in favor of making voting as convenient as possible for everyone with 1 caveat. Whatever system we use it must be one that peoples votes can be verified as valid.

Will all due respect to you humble,
I dont hive a rats ass what Trump or anyone elses opinion is on it. I shared my opinion on it. I am 100% in favor of making voting as convenient as possible for everyone with 1 caveat. Whatever system we use it must be one that peoples votes can be verified as valid.
Conservative groups are suing to limit mail-in voting, and some federal judges are reluctant to defend voters’ rights if it means intervening in state-level decisions. Trump's reelection campaign is suing to block mail-in voting at the same time it pushes his backers to be ready to vote by mail. There's clearly a dichotomy there. The evidence supports the fact that voting by mail is rarely subject to fraud, and it does not give an advantage to one political party over another. I'm very much in favor of absentee/mail-in voting for people that are at higher risk for Covid-19. Personally, I will vote in person.

Conservative groups are suing to limit mail-in voting, and some federal judges are reluctant to defend voters’ rights if it means intervening in state-level decisions. Trump's reelection campaign is suing to block mail-in voting at the same time it pushes his backers to be ready to vote by mail. There's clearly a dichotomy there. The evidence supports the fact that voting by mail is rarely subject to fraud, and it does not give an advantage to one political party over another. I'm very much in favor of absentee/mail-in voting for people that are at higher risk for Covid-19. Personally, I will vote in person.
If theres no way to authenticate the votes how would you know that?

Back
Top Bottom