• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trans women should be arrested over bathroom use, N.C. gubernatorial candidate says

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm not aware if this is a major problem in NC but whether it is or not, I don't agree they should be arrested.

Just let nature run its course. It works until some Dad says it doesn't

=========================

North Carolina’s lieutenant governor, a leading candidate in this year’s gubernatorial election, said this month that transgender women who use women’s restrooms “will be arrested” and suggested they instead “find a corner outside somewhere.”

“We’re going to defend women in this state,” Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson (R) said at a campaign event. “That means if you’re a man on Friday night, and all of a sudden Saturday you feel like a woman and you want to go in the women’s bathroom in the hall, you will be arrested — or whatever we got to do to you.”

And not to be outdone, Utah has a similar bill.

=======

Three days into Utah’s general session, the state’s House of Representatives passed the country’s first anti-trans bill of 2024. H.B. 257 would criminalize transgender people for using a bathroom that doesn’t correspond with their birth certificate, end the legal recognition of trans people by redefining “sex” to exclude trans people, and bar local governments from enacting laws to protect trans people from criminalization.

Republicans are making me nauseated this morning.
They are our social conscience for the nation whether we like it or not which is why I say republicans don't govern, they rule. All these good christian republicans so full of hatred for others and more than willing to shun them just like jesus would do.

I'm not aware if this is a major problem in NC but whether it is or not, I don't agree they should be arrested.

what nature?
why would some dad have any say?

Your internet browser search history is going to tell one heck of a story some day with your obsession with posting about trans people.

and suggested they instead “find a corner outside somewhere.”
Charming.

Well, at least you acknowledge that there are issue when it comes to drawing hard legal lines on stuff like this.

Bathroom bills that attempt to legislate this stuff always do run into the problem that there are in fact a very non-insignificant number of intersex people that never neatly fit into either category no matter what metric they try to use to set a hard legal line.

They know their base is afraid of (or secretly attracted to) trans people.

They can create issues to make it appear that they are protecting their base form the scary trans people.

It doesn't have to reflect any problem that exists in reality.

Just pee and may Dads keep their cool.

Another politician engaging on performance artistry. The base cannot get out their checkbooks fast enough….

It's called pandering to the worst instincts in people.

I think there are already laws against indecent exposure etc.

In the vast majority of cases I would IMAGINE that this is non enforceable since a "transgender" may not be identified as such before entering the restroom. So you'd never know if the law were being broken.

OTOH, occasionally there may be a militant trans that is flamboyant about it that is outed. Indecent exposure would be appropriate, maybe more serious crimes if they were found to be intentionally exposing themselves to others. Or trying to watch others.

As a Dad, I can assure you I lack any interest in your bathroom business.

. . . wash your ****ing hands though . . .

You wouldn't have a problem with a biological male in a restroom alone with your 7 year old daughter eh? Or with your wife?

I think I'd have pretty serious issues with it.

You wouldn't have a problem with a biological male in a restroom alone with your 7 year old daughter eh? Or with your wife?

How would you even know? All women's bathrooms have stalls so unless someone is acting up, which is already against the law, you would have no idea unless you want to be the pervert yourself and check people's genitals as they walk in to use the bathroom after your 7 year old.

How would you even know? All women's bathrooms have stalls so unless someone is acting up, which is already against the law, you would have no idea unless you want to be the pervert yourself and check people's genitals as they walk in to use the bathroom after your 7 year old.
I agree, most times nobody would know if a trans person was truly attempting to be discreet. Those folks probably wouldn't run into many issues.

But if a person got out of line in the john and then it was found out they were "trans" and in the wrong bathroom for their body, they would be prosecuted after they healed up from their beating. 🤷‍♂️

There seems to be no limit to how deeply the state wants to project into American's lives.

I want the genital checking job.

I’m laughing at the concept of my husband being afraid because I’m in a bathroom with someone. Last I checked, I’m a grown adult and can take care of myself.

Do you think women are incapable of taking care of themselves in general - or only in bathrooms?
Seems strange to me, but you do you.

I’m laughing at the concept of my husband being afraid because I’m in a bathroom with someone. Last I checked, I’m a grown adult and can take care of myself.

Do you think women are incapable of taking care of themselves in general - or only in bathrooms?

Seems strange to me, but you do you.

Many husbands see it as their place to protect their women. Kids, wives, etc.

Now sure maybe you can "take care of yourself", but when one of the gals comes strolling out of the ladies room behind my daughter, and the "gal" has a big ol' Savior Bulge straining the limits down below, theres gonna be an issue. You betcha LOL.

saviorbulge.gif

They are our social conscience for the nation whether we like it or not which is why I say republicans don't govern, they rule. All these good christian republicans so full of hatred for others and more than willing to shun them just like jesus would do.
I would disagree that they have a social conscience. They have a need to indoctrinate and impose their bigotry and intolerance.

Many husbands see it as their place to protect their women. Kids, wives, etc.

Now sure maybe you can "take care of yourself", but when one of the gals comes strolling out of the ladies room behind my daughter, and the "gal" has a big ol' Savior Bulge straining the limits down below, theres gonna be an issue. You betcha LOL.

View attachment 67492171
A man needs to protect and defend his possessions?

Back
Top Bottom