• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trans people who commit crimes

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
When a trans person commits a crime, should the news reports report that he/she was a trans person or should only the preferred pronoun be used?

When it comes to the statistics of crime, should a murder committed by a male-to-female trans be listed under female-committed murders or male?

Where should the trans person be lodged - a male or female prison?

Just curious your thoughts on these questions. Please discuss below.

Don't ask me it doesn't fit in my brain. He, she, it, they, them, trans, pans and automobiles.

When a trans person commits a crime, should the news reports report that he/she was a trans person or should only the preferred pronoun be used?
Why are those mutually exclusive? Why is it reporting if they are trans or only using the correct pronouns? Seems pretty easy to report they are trans and only use their correct pronouns.

As for reporting on if they are trans it seems kinda weird to do unless it was somehow relevant to the crime. Like, "Miniature train enthusiast Billy Bob rear ends a vehicle and is on the run from cops!".

When it comes to the statistics of crime, should a murder committed by a male-to-female trans be listed under female-committed murders or male?
Can't say I really care. Trans people really mess with institutions that need people to fit into exact boxes.

What about intersex people who commit crimes? Where should they be categorized?

While I can't think of a case of it happening, I don't mind there being some kind of standard of some proof the person being trans and transitioning for some amount of time beforehand to decide which prison.

Meanwhile:

You must have a pretty small brain then I guess.
It takes a bit longer for some of us. Please be patient, we'll catch up eventually.

Man…is it “punch down on minorities” week or something?

All of a sudden crimes by trans people and illegal immigrants are a hot topic.

Did Tucker or Hannity run a special or something?

Just curious your thoughts on these questions. Please discuss below.

It shouldn't be reported by the media that they were trans unless it was relevant.

Which prison would depend on what facilities the prison system has and if the prisoner is pre- or post-op. Post-op then they should be in a female prison, pre-op probably shouldn't be in the general population of a female prison, but if there's a special wing that can guarantee the safety of female inmates, then maybe (depending on the crime and individual circumstances).

I think a problem occurs if a male rapist gets convicted of rape.Then decides he is a woman and gets sent to a woman’s prison

Why are those mutually exclusive? Why is it reporting if they are trans or only using the correct pronouns? Seems pretty easy to report they are trans and only use their correct pronouns.

As for reporting on if they are trans it seems kinda weird to do unless it was somehow relevant to the crime. Like, "Miniature train enthusiast Billy Bob rear ends a vehicle and is on the run from cops!".

They don't have to be mutually exclusive. I agree that they can say they are trans and also using their preferred pronouns.

Can't say I really care. Trans people really mess with institutions that need people to fit into exact boxes.

I think it's an interesting discussion. There would have to be a lot more crimes committed by trans people in order to skew any male/female crime statistics, I guess. Do you think the "exact boxes" should just be eliminated and we stop keeping statistics based on gender?

What about intersex people who commit crimes? Where should they be categorized?

No idea how that's done now at all.
While I can't think of a case of it happening, I don't mind there being some kind of standard of some proof the person being trans and transitioning for some amount of time beforehand to decide which prison.

Man…is it “punch down on minorities” week or something?

All of a sudden crimes by trans people and illegal immigrants are a hot topic.

Did Tucker or Hannity run a special or something?

I'm asking how crimes and statistics should be reported when they're committed by a trans person. Most trans people aren't criminals so who is punching down any minorities?

And I don't watch Tucker or Hannity. Trans and illegal immigrants are a hot topic of discussion everywhere.

probably just their pronoun if they plan on referring to them by anything other than their name
my guess is female though i dont think it's really that important
depends on their identity. man in man's prison, woman in woman's prison

Back
Top Bottom