• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Gun: Maverick Spoiler Free Review

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
First off, I saw the original when the Fighter Squadrons and their families were allowed first watch over at Clark AFB, of course we had to wait for the one reel the military had to be shipped from Subic as the Navy demanded a second showing.... So this movie had fond memories for me.

Going in I was tepid on if they could make this work.
Small lie, spoiler, they did!
It's a great summer flick, that leans into the original movie but for good reasons, and was very very enjoyable. Did I have to, as someone with more than passing understanding of aviation, suspend belief at points. YES. But, it wasn't much to just allow the movie to flow. It was a fun watch from start to finish, and the air to air stuff was amazing to watch. It was hard, but not impossible, to tell where the CGI was slipped in. I take that back, they did so much real flying that it was kind of obvious where the CGI now that I think about it.

Spoilers: Mavrick flies airplane, fast and well.

Reactions: PoS
It's weird, I hate Tom Cruise but love Tom Cruise movies.

I thought the new movie was just ornery, but to each his own.

On that topic, here's a real lawyer on the first movie, and all the laws Maverick broke:

If you didnt watch it, basically Maverick would have gotten the death sentence if it was a time of war, and 3-5 years in a military prison and dishonorable discharge if we werent in a war. 😎

It bothers me this is a spoiler free thread and I may start my own thread to discuss my thoughts about it more fully, with an appropriate spoiler warning, I enjoyed the film, but I feel the first half was too nostalgia and the second half became a different movie, still it’s a good movie and if you’re a fan of Tom Cruise you’ll love it

It's weird, I hate Tom Cruise but love Tom Cruise movies.
He's good at acting.

But people can be good at things while also being total idiots and/or assholes with all or some of the other things.

He's a bit of a character but a great actor.
I would say he’s basically the actor of the last 30 years. I don’t think any younger actor will ever be a bigger star.

Back
Top Bottom