• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top 5 Challenges for 2014

Top 5 challenges for 2014

• Total voters

SBu

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The pessimists preview of 2014. Which 5 of these potential headlines do you think are most likely in 2014? If yours is not listed, feel free to add it in a comment.

Poll to follow with multiple choice options (10 is the max so apologize in advance if your cause d'etre is not represented)...

The pessimists preview of 2014. Which 5 of these potential headlines do you think are most likely in 2014? If yours is not listed, feel free to add it in a comment.

Poll to follow with multiple choice options (10 is the max so apologize in advance if your cause d'etre is not represented)...

Admittedly these are great ones for world problems, but i wonder what the greatest challenge would be for america in the coming year

Admittedly these are great ones for world problems, but i wonder what the greatest challenge would be for america in the coming year

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about those potential challenges.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about those potential challenges.

Among the ones off the top of my head,
1. Healthcare. Now as the obamacare(ACA) is still stabilizing i think that this is a great time to make improvements. As it currently stands, although the idea is a good one in that all Americans should have affordable healthcare, Obamacare is currently causing to much confusion and unrest that american people cant be sure that they will have healthcare that they can both depend on and afford. So one of the biggest challenges is not only fixing the bill, but keeping people informed enough to make educated decisions for their future.

2. Money. Now for those of you who have read previous posts by me this would be the time when i would go off on a rant about the debt and maybe a small tangent on china, but in all reality the debt of the american people (credit cards, student loans,etc...) is closer to 16 trillion (if im wrong on that then im reading the debt clock wrong and sorry) making personal debt as or even more important then the national debt. Now im not saying cut the credit cards, stop buying homes, quit collage,etc... because that would just be stupid. No the challenge will be finding a way to balance the checkbooks of all Americans so that no one is living in excessive debt. I know this is to large of a task to fix for one year, but 2014 has to be seen as the beginning of change (and no im not talking about Obama change im talking the change in the state of mind and how we survive.)

3. Money again. This one is more on funding. As it stands, charity's that are needed throughout both america and the world are being under funded and the way the government is fixing that is they are taking money out of the tax revenue and the budget of the military to fund them and other divisions of the government. Now im all for charity, i believe that people who nee help should not be begrudged that help. But i also believe in supporting our troops. Taking any money away from the military cuts the already low paychecks given to our men and women at arms, or puts them in more danger by the military not being able to afford the best provisions that keep them alive. Now this is just one of the problems but the point is that it is happening in a lot of places in the government that people and divisions are being underfunded and the government cant do anything about it except print more money. So we have to find a way to balance supply and demand with need.

4. Policing the world. It is time to realize people that this is not going away any time soon. We have dug a hole for our selves and shackled ourselves in with treaty's and political agreements. The world is in turmoil and all the while we are trying to either play inter mediator or get the heck out of there. Personally i believe we should pull out completely and immediately. The world is on the brink of war and all we are doing inputting bandages where amputation is needed. This is all our own fault to. The Arab spring? Brought up by ideas of democracy that we have been spreading sense almost the beginning of america. The war in Iraq/Iran/against-terror? well i wouldn't call that all our fault but surely we could have done it without spending 10 years in the country.

The tread is getting to long so im going to have to quit but those are the first ones i could think of. Maybe more at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom