• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Top 10 NBA Teams

BodiSatva

The Bodhisattva
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here is my list of top NBA teams

1. 1984-85 Los Angeles Lakers
2. 1983-84 Boston Celtics
3. 1988-89 Detroit Pistons
4. 1996-97 Chicago Bulls
5. 1983-84 Los Angeles Lakers
6. 1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers
7. 1963-64 Boston Celtics
8. 2003-04 Detroit Pistons
9. 1972-73 New York Knicks
10. 1971-72 Los Angeles Lakers

Originally posted by BodiSatva
Here is my list of top NBA teams

1. 1984-85 Los Angeles Lakers
2. 1983-84 Boston Celtics
3. 1988-89 Detroit Pistons
4. 1996-97 Chicago Bulls
5. 1983-84 Los Angeles Lakers
6. 1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers
7. 1963-64 Boston Celtics
8. 2003-04 Detroit Pistons
9. 1972-73 New York Knicks
10. 1971-72 Los Angeles Lakers
It's nice that you think the '84 Lakers were good, but they lost that year. It is also kind of strange that you don't list the '87 Laker team that started out 39-3, then never looked back. They pasted the Celtics in five. Magic was MVP for the year. Worthy was MVP for the series. Or was it the other way around? In any event, "that" Laker team kicked major a.s.s in a major way. I can't see any team in history that would have had a chance at beating them (with the possible exception of the '67 Philidelphia Warriors).

The '83 Philli team was pretty good, but they got their championship handed to them with the help of that asshole redheaded referree Jess Kersey. Every single time the Lakers started getting momentum in that series he would call a foul and cool them down. I mean every god-damn time! I hope he rots in hell. Dr. J should give him half his ring.

The '73 Knicks got lucky! And were definately not as good as the '70 Knicks with Willis (oh I hurt my hip but I can shoot a couple of 15 footers) Reed.

The rest are worthy with valid credentials. But there is another team that you have omitted that just blows my mind:

The '71 Milwaukee Bucks with Lew Alcindor and the Big O. With Lucius Allen, Bobby Dandrige, Jon McGloklin and Phil Smith. They kicked a.s.s too!

Originally posted by galenrox:
And only 1 year of the Bulls? Are you ****ing joking? 6 championships in 8 years, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Steve Kerr, Dennis Rodman, Luc Longley, BJ Armstrong, John Paxton, Ron Harper, and you think only ONE of those years they were in the top 10 teams of all time?

I'd've been insulted if it had been anything less than 5, but ONE? HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!
Dude, you've had one too many shermans. You don't answer a Chamberlain, Jabbar or Russell with a .................Cartwright!

Jordan was great. But he was not:
  • As dominating as Wilt
  • As unstoppable as Jabbar
  • Able to hit a game winning jumper on Russ
Have a Heineken and think about that.

I hear you galen, but although the Bulls beat those great stars, they did not beat great teams.

1. The Lakers were on the downswing in 92
2. The Trailblazers were really freaking good (but great? on the verge maybe...)
3. The Suns were alright
4. The Supersonics? What the hell were they doing there?
5 and 6 The Utah Jazz...really good teams, but not great.

Not one of these teams was GREAT. The Bulls that year were Great, and all yearsreally really good. I don't know, I just see the greatest teams as being able to beat other Great teams. The Lakers-Celtics...the Lakers-Pistons...the Lakers-76ers...and some other great rivalries. I just don't think that Jordon was better than Magic-Bird-Russel-and a few others and because of this he did not have to contend with great teams...some really good to almost great players...but not great teams...

The knicks might not have been as great as I put them up there for, I almost put up the Bucks...probably should have, but I think that those Knicks were great...winning over the Lakers, a Great team is why. Oh well, that one is debatable...

The Lakers? Sh!t, I should just put them all up, but I did not want to be too biased...every year of the 80's was a great team that could be up there. Those Celtic/Laker rivalries don't get the credit that they deserve...both teams for more than a few years were the greatest TEAMS ever. that is why I have the 1983-84 Los Angeles Lakers up even though they lost that year. They were still a better team than just about any other, those series were out of f-cuking control.

Originally posted by BodiSatva
I hear you galen, but although the Bulls beat those great stars, they did not beat great teams.

1. The Lakers were on the downswing in 92
2. The Trailblazers were really freaking good (but great? on the verge maybe...)
3. The Suns were alright
4. The Supersonics? What the hell were they doing there?
5 and 6 The Utah Jazz...really good teams, but not great.

Not one of these teams was GREAT. The Bulls that year were Great, and all yearsreally really good. I don't know, I just see the greatest teams as being able to beat other Great teams. The Lakers-Celtics...the Lakers-Pistons...the Lakers-76ers...and some other great rivalries. I just don't think that Jordon was better than Magic-Bird-Russel-and a few others and because of this he did not have to contend with great teams...some really good to almost great players...but not great teams...

The knicks might not have been as great as I put them up there for, I almost put up the Bucks...probably should have, but I think that those Knicks were great...winning over the Lakers, a Great team is why. Oh well, that one is debatable...

The Lakers? Sh!t, I should just put them all up, but I did not want to be too biased...every year of the 80's was a great team that could be up there. Those Celtic/Laker rivalries don't get the credit that they deserve...both teams for more than a few years were the greatest TEAMS ever. that is why I have the 1983-84 Los Angeles Lakers up even though they lost that year. They were still a better team than just about any other, those series were out of f-cuking control.
Do you know how many times the Lakers and Celtics have faced each other in the finals?

Yes
10 Times
8-2 Celtics over Lakers

Lakers
Finals Appearances / Championships
28 / 14

Celtics
Finals Appearances / Championships
19 / 16

Back
Top Bottom