• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"too many white people in key government posts" ? - Susan Rice[W:172, 240]

Re: "too many white people in key government posts" ? - Susan Rice

"evaluate them on their ability" is directly opposite of "diversity".

Diversity only looks at outside characteristics, not what they are able to accomplish.
Over generalizing here I think you are! Are there issues with the system?, sure but your simpleminded stance smells like racist or bigot to me. Are you the type to use the "ability" excuse to weed out minorities like people of color or with sexual identity different than your own personal liking?

Over generalizing here I think you are! Are there issues with the system?, sure but your simpleminded stance smells like racist or bigot to me. Are you the type to use the "ability" excuse to weed out minorities like people of color or with sexual identity different than your own personal liking?

Unsupported innuendo.

Because of that guy DP is becoming quality free as well. Why the **** would anyone with a life put up with that kind of garbage. It's easy for me, he shows up again I leave.

what can I tell you? if you want to rant about how much u luv jebuz and how your afraid of blacks and muslims and you need ur gunz to prevent them from climbing in your windows at night, and you can't even take the slightest criticism, go too stormfront they would love you there

Is it possible that there's a difference because there's a significant power differential between white people and black people in America?

For sure. The current federal administration is a perfect example.

For sure. The current federal administration is a perfect example.

You're absolutely right.

I came to understand that as a reporter, especially in Vancouver. "Poverty" is an industry. If it went away tomorrow we would have a severe unemployment problem.

It is the same as alcoholism and drug addiction. Nothing happens until the individual WANTS sobriety. It is there where we have a problem. In order for that individual to get the treatment he needs during his "moment of clarity", we need a treatment bed available now. Otherwise he gives up and the cycle begins again. That's an expensive proposition as it means treatment centers have to run below capacity in case a guy decides now is the time

The only way to get the poverty pimps and politicians to stop creating economic slavery is to demonstrate that yes, a neighborhood can be cleaned up without making everyone move. That is being proved in Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver in an area that has been chaos since I moved here. It has taken over five years to see actual progress, but there is very significant progress in reducing crime, drugs and what we call 'disorder'.

The poverty pimps are still around, but they don't mention Surrey much as they initially resisted the measures taken

I saw the dichotomy from the inside of social service agencies and institutions. I once was executive director of a very large influential service agency in our town. Among the many programs we provided the community, we opened and ran a pre-school targeting low income families who couldn't afford the regular preschools in town. It was immediately hugely successful to the point we needed to expand. Because the community supported us generously, we were able to keep costs affordable for all. But to help fund our efforts we did apply for some available government grant monies to do some essential remodeling and acquire some equipment for the preschool.

I must have rewritten that grant 8 or 10 times, rewording, restructuring, etc. etc. and it was rejected again and again. Finally one of my staffers suggested that we get away from the low income concept and try a different tact. She came up with the term 'pre-delinquent.' So we restructured the grant request targeting pre-delinquent children. It sailed right through and we got the money. And while I was glad we were able to provide a worthwhile service to the community, I had to mutter under my breath, give me a break. It is absolutely nuts. I guess a private institution helping poor kids wasn't sexy enough.

You seem to think you know a whole lot about me from one post.

What is my name?
Where am I from?
Where was I raised?
Who was I raised by?
Where have I travelled?
Do I have any friends in other countries?
Do I have any friends of the left political ideology?

I know you believe you are never wrong, but I know for a fact you cannot correctly answer any of those questions, yet you certainly don't waste any time making a rush to judgment about my entire personality and life based on one two sentence post.

Talk about labeling and judgmental.

You called me both a racist and a bigot in one post.

Post reported.

INSULTS go not fly up here, and are against the rules.

Last edited:
re: "too many white people in key government posts" ? - Susan Rice[W:172, 240]

Maybe, but still my opinion, and of course I asked a question too. You have anything else for me?

It is NOT your opinion or right to hurl INSULTS.

We have rules here. Learn them.

It is NOT your opinion or right to hurl INSULTS.

We have rules here. Learn them.
I said "smells like" which is an opinion. I do have a right to interpret your words how I want. I do follow it with a question in the spirit of debate. Sorry if you were hurt by my opinion and question. If this is not the case then so be it, you are also able to defend yourself. No need to get all up in arms. It is only the Internet. Are you some sort of moderator here or something?

- CMee

You seem to think you know a whole lot about me from one post.

What is my name?
Where am I from?
Where was I raised?
Who was I raised by?
Where have I travelled?
Do I have any friends in other countries?
Do I have any friends of the left political ideology?

I know you believe you are never wrong, but I know for a fact you cannot correctly answer any of those questions, yet you certainly don't waste any time making a rush to judgment about my entire personality and life based on one two sentence post.

Talk about labeling and judgmental.

You called me both a racist and a bigot in one post.

Post reported.

INSULTS go not fly up here, and are against the rules.
Why would I know any of this info and why would I want to answer your questions in the first place? Are you going to answer mine? This one here is #3 and #4, and I am not trying to start arguments outside the spirit of debate. Just asking fair and simple questions. You can ask any back that you wish.

- CMee

Last edited:

Why would I know any of this info and why would I want to answer your questions in the first place? Are you going to answer mine? This one here is #3 and #4, and I am not trying to start arguments outside the spirit of debate. Just asking fair and simple questions. You can ask any back that you wish.

- CMee

I refuse to engage in conversation with people who throw insults as their opening comments.

That tells me they have no idea about how to behave in a social situation.

You cannot open a repore with someone by initially insulting them.

Evidently you have not learned this basic social skill yet, and you also probably don't think calling me a racist and a bigot was an insult either.

Four reasons this will be the last you will ever hear from me.

1. You said I "smell like" a racist, and did not think it was an insult
2. You said I "smell like" a bigot, and did not think it was an insult
3. You feel you are NEVER wrong or make any mistakes...ever..., so there is NEVER any reason to apologize for them. 1 & 2 were huge mistakes you refuse to own or apologize for.
4. You lack basic social skills because you think it is OK to open a repore with someone by doing all of the above.

That is NOT how you start a conversation if you wish to debate with someone.

But, because I am a POLITE native Texan, I will say this...I actually like West Columbia. Early next month I will be taking my wife down the Hwy 35 corridor to show her some of the little Texas beach towns. She is from South Dakota and wants to see the Texas beaches really bad. That is also why I will refrain from showing her the photo of that huge gator that was killed right there in West Columbia. 16 footer if I remember right. She is terrified of gators.

Last edited:

Will reallocating the racial population in the federal breaucracies make the government more efficient?

Will reallocating the racial population in the federal breaucracies make the government more efficient?

No, but given the general level of Corruption coming from the Obama Administration, it will probably make them allot LESS efficient and more corrupt!

Nothing good / significant will get done in America until Obama is gone.

-

Moderator's Warning:
People... stop playing Moderator and discuss the topic.

I refuse to engage in conversation with people who throw insults as their opening comments.

That tells me they have no idea about how to behave in a social situation.

You cannot open a repore with someone by initially insulting them.

Evidently you have not learned this basic social skill yet, and you also probably don't think calling me a racist and a bigot was an insult either.

Four reasons this will be the last you will ever hear from me.

1. You said I "smell like" a racist, and did not think it was an insult
2. You said I "smell like" a bigot, and did not think it was an insult
3. You feel you are NEVER wrong or make any mistakes...ever..., so there is NEVER any reason to apologize for them. 1 & 2 were huge mistakes you refuse to own or apologize for.
4. You lack basic social skills because you think it is OK to open a repore with someone by doing all of the above.

That is NOT how you start a conversation if you wish to debate with someone.

But, because I am a POLITE native Texan, I will say this...I actually like West Columbia. Early next month I will be taking my wife down the Hwy 35 corridor to show her some of the little Texas beach towns. She is from South Dakota and wants to see the Texas beaches really bad. That is also why I will refrain from showing her the photo of that huge gator that was killed right there in West Columbia. 16 footer if I remember right. She is terrified of gators.
Sorry I didn't mean to insult I just read your statement as I did and got a bit put off. Been frustrated about a great many things on both sides of this argument and let it get to me sometimes. Looks like even here in TX things are turning stupid fast when it comes to the whining about things. The Race thing make me upset on all sides.

Not sure where you are getting any ideas about who I am and how "I am never wrong" (isn't that the same thing you accused me of?). I have never talked with you before and did ask follow on (apologetic) questions. Don't know much about W Columbia since a am a recent transplant from the Everglades. I do know bought some Gators though!

Back
Top Bottom