• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To Kill an American

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
To Kill an American:

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is ... so they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

" An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan . The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan .

Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

KCConservative said:
To Kill an American:

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is ... so they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

" An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan . The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan .

Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

:bravo: ..........

I completely agree. I've always felt America wasnt the dirt under our feet, its the people and what we stand for.

Sadly even those principals of freedom are under attack from within. Good read man, made my morning

Little boy walks up to a Palestinian
Little boy : Sir, do you feel you're an American?
Palestinian : WTF?
Little boy : I'll rephrase, are you an American?
Palestinian fires gun at little boys's head causing his brains to splatter.

Last edited:
But can't you see the big problem with this thread!:confused:

That the editoral says that is wrong to kill an American because that americans are superior.

First this is arrogant (if you are an American that belives that)

Second it's raises disturbing questions like is it ok to kill people with inferior nationality or atleast not as bad? (This I like the australian to answer but also you Americans that belive in that)

Attitudes like that amongst some americans is one reason why USA gets a bad image internationally sadly it seems that some Americans can't understand that.

No what would be the right responses to that guy that posted that add in Pakistan? Well it could be written in one sentence. No person should be persecuted or atacked because of his nationality.

Bergslagstroll said:
But can't you see the big problem with this thread!:confused:

That the editoral says that is wrong to kill an American because that americans are superior.

I missed this part. Would you point out where it says Americans think of themselves as superior?

Originally posted by KCConservative:
This is somewhat ironic in light of all the recent immigration and closing the border talk.

That was a good post KC. I would have to agree, those are the positive things about being an American. Kudo's.

Billo_Really said:
That was a good post KC. I would have to agree, those are the positive things about being an American. Kudo's.

But also there very negative things about being an American, - as much negative as Billo who always has to say that Americans should be damned besause they do not want to loose their freedoms and laws of freedom to laws of to amnesty international, to laws of human and animals rights international, to laws of United nations of thieves and dictators, and to all other possible laws, except for the ones which made America to be America.
There are negative things about America. Billo and Palestinians see the negative ones and they make America negative, making dictators and terrorists positive in the light of negative America. I feel like shooting you , Billo and shootinmg all your palestinian amnesty international friends with you, again. American freedom never was granted or given to Americans. In order to have freedom one has to kill Billo and his international friends who are not proud of America as of an achivement of humanity. Die Billo, die.

Originally posted by justone:
But also there very negative things about being an American, - as much negative as Billo who always has to say that Americans should be damned besause they do not want to loose their freedoms and laws of freedom to laws of to amnesty international, to laws of human and animals rights international, to laws of United nations of thieves and dictators, and to all other possible laws, except for the ones which made America to be America.
There are negative things about America. Billo and Palestinians see the negative ones and they make America negative, making dictators and terrorists positive in the light of negative America. I feel like shooting you , Billo and shootinmg all your palestinian amnesty international friends with you, again. American freedom never was granted or given to Americans. In order to have freedom one has to kill Billo and his international friends who are not proud of America as of an achivement of humanity. Die Billo, die.
You got more personalities than a Jerry Springer show. It's time for your med's.

Billo_Really said:
It's time for your med's.
you mean you are buying me beer?
NO!
Not even for a 6 pack.
Die. For all your negativity about Amecicans and for all your positivity about anti-Americans -die!

Originally posted by justone:
you mean you are buying me beer?
NO!
Not even for a 6 pack.
Die. For all your negativity about Amecicans and for all your positivity about anti-Americans -die!
And I thought you liked me.

justone said:

Do you know what achievement means? Calling the U.S. an achievement of humanity is a really dumb statement to make considering you have as many internal problems today as the former USSR.

Davo said:
Do you know what achievement means? Calling the U.S. an achievement of humanity is a really dumb statement to make considering you have as many internal problems today as the former USSR.

Actually, it is a very accurate thing to say. Reflecting on mundane internal problems has nothing to do with it.

Millions of immigrants and their children who have not the slightest hope of a decent future from so many corners of the world come to our shores with hope and with confidence that what they leave behind is not layed out in front of them. They come here knowing that their gender will not restrict them from contributing to society. They know that their religion will not be persecuted, because it has always been the role of America to humanize religion. All major religions over the course of history has adapted to the unique challenges and opportunities of American life. The practice of religion is always most free where its relationship with government is least adhesive, and, in every society, those who wish to impose one religion's dominance on the state tend to be authoritarian in disposition. Immigrants flee their oppressions to embrace this sentiiment. People do not move to France to become French. Nor do they move to Italy or Germany to become Italians or Germans. In America, they become Americans and they come here to be so. Africans see this country as a place where blacks are as successful as whites. When they think of freed black men and equal rights, they don't think of Europe - they think of America.

Continental Europe has no model for integrating immigrants into the social and economic mainstream. There's nothing really resembling equal-opportunity programs or affirmative action. Any attempts by these governments are half-hearted reforms. (Witness the riots in bigoted France). Those people who can't afford to make it to America find their way to England.

Culture is fate. Countries, clans, military services, and individual "soldiers" are products of their respective cultures, and they are either empowered or imprisoned. The majority of the world's inhabitants are prisoners of their cultures, and they will rage against inadequicies they cannot admit, cannot bear, and cannot escape (Many simply blame outward). American culture is robust and has increased the very little violence between religions and races as we faced forward. Our culture is seen in every corner of the world.

Secular and religious revolutionaries in the last century had made the identical mistake, imagining that the workers of the world or the faithful just can't wait to go home at night to study Marx or the Qu'ran. America has figured it out - the average Joe, Ali Quat, or Ivan would rather watch "BayWatch." The genius of American culture and prosperity is the essence that the elites despise: ours is the first genuine people's culture. It stresses comfort and convenience. We are Karl Marx's dream and his nightmare.

America represents the free world, and all free nations celebrate progression, of which all ideas and creativities from all free nations provide for us all. Free trade between nations and economic securities complimented with Democracy (being the only governance that can provide those things effectively), is a wish of all people, whether their oppresive governments wish it or not. Our national and, indeed international, triumphs have resulted from our embacements of the future.

Societies and civilizations that continue to subjegate half of their populations based on gender, oppress under single dogmatic religions, deny the free flow of information, and face backwards in history are doomed. These are the enemies of freedom. Progress is tied to freedom. Freedom is tied to democracy. Democracy is tied to America's model.

The future is, indeed, America whether people want to admit it or not. We are most definately an "achievement in humanity." To say otherwise to the most obvious, is just jealousy.

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
And I thought you liked me.

I do. That's why sometimes I have to stop your sufferings and put you out of your misery.
I hope you will find a way to like yourself, too.

Davo said:

Are you smoking something?

justone said:
Are you smoking something?

Name any issue that went on in the USSR and I'll name one for the U.S. want to see how long we can go before someone runs out?

KCConservative said:
I missed this part. Would you point out where it says Americans think of themselves as superior?

First of American is a nationality just like Swedish and not “the human spirit of freedom”

Second how do you interpret the editorial? How would you interpreted if you for one second could see American as a nationality and not “the human spirit of freedom”. Because the editorial points say that it's wrong to kill American. But all its argument is all the good things American have done and how internationally you are. It doesn't talk anything about human rights or that people shouldn't be killed for something that they can't help. So yes I interpret is that the entire point is don't kill American because there are superior or at least very good. I also interpret your liking of the editorial that you as an American share it beliefs.

I still also like to have my question answered If that you country have done and how internationally your nationality is so important reason not to get attacked. (Because that is the Australian guy’s entire point). Is it then ok to kill or at least more ok to attack people because that there country haven’t done good deeds? Or that in the editorial words haven’t personally embraced the American spirit.

Bergslagstroll said:
First of American is a nationality just like Swedish and not “the human spirit of freedom”

Second how do you interpret the editorial? How would you interpreted if you for one second could see American as a nationality and not “the human spirit of freedom”. Because the editorial points say that it's wrong to kill American. But all its argument is all the good things American have done and how internationally you are. It doesn't talk anything about human rights or that people shouldn't be killed for something that they can't help. So yes I interpret is that the entire point is don't kill American because there are superior or at least very good. I also interpret your liking of the editorial that you as an American share it beliefs.

I still also like to have my question answered If that you country have done and how internationally your nationality is so important reason not to get attacked. (Because that is the Australian guy’s entire point). Is it then ok to kill or at least more ok to attack people because that there country haven’t done good deeds? Or that in the editorial words haven’t personally embraced the American spirit.

Actually, the way I interpreted it was, if you are going to kill an American, you have a world full of targets in any religion and nationality to choose from. There are plenty of immigrants not born in America, but once they claim it as home, they become American....this means Muslims too. The editorial is a simple question posed to the terrorists who wish to kill an American - what defines an American? A white guy, black guy, Asian, Arab, European, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu....? America has them all and they all walk the same paths and roads with equal individual opportunities. One of the civillians thsat works in my building is a Saudi born Arab. He immigrated here with his parents when he was a young child. Is he who the terrorist want to kill?

Don't be so defensive. Your nationality isn't under attack here. I'm sure there are plenty of things to be proud of where ever it is you're from.

Last edited:
Davo said:
Name any issue that went on in the USSR and I'll name one for the U.S. want to see how long we can go before someone runs out?
1. they had to ration food for the most part of population.

justone said:
1. they had to ration food for the most part of population.

1. Illegal wiretapping. :)

Davo said:
1. Illegal wiretapping. :)
not a problem for me.

2. they had to ration toilet tissie

justone said:
not a problem for me.

2. they had to ration toilet tissie

Illegal immigration. Do you have anything other then "rationing"?

Davo said:
Illegal immigration. Do you have anything other then "rationing"?
so far the score is 2:1

it is not exactly an internal problem and it is not a problem which is going to ruin USA, but

3. illegal immigration

the score is 2.5:1

when we finish with rationing we will start with other problems

when a country got the power over the world , it usually being so unfair with other nations.

i look up in history and i didn't find any country to compare with how US deal with other nations.

in my point of view : US is the best country who ever got the power in the world.

there is a proverb: if have more enemy . this means you are succeeded

Back
Top Bottom