• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thousands expected at Boston ‘free speech’ rally and counter-protest

But since it would seem nobody is talking about who actually showed up.... we'll never know will we?

So until I see any proof that there were actually bad dudes who showed up to the free speech event....

All I see is a bunch of counter protesters, protesting the free speech rights of others... who they claim to be nazis, but we don't really know that they were.

I'm having a hard time attempting to jibe your postings with your signature comments. Maybe you want to make the free-speech alt-right protestors out to be as bad as possible and not lend any sympathy to them due to misconduct from the alt-left counter-protestors?

I don't recall having stated that it wasn't a peaceful protest.

Trump did not claim that it was not an overall peaceful protest.

Acknowledging police agitators for what they are is not a condemnation of the entire protest. WTF Don't you get about that?

Oh...my god. This was Trump's tweet, which sat there for one hour before any followup:

"Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston. Police are looking tough and smart! Thank you."

I wonder if he was thinking, "Boy, that sure does look like one peaceful protest! How can I communicate that to the 36.3 million people who are following me on twitter? I know! I'll call the protesters anti-police agitators!"

Stop, Cain. Just...stop.

But since it would seem nobody is talking about who actually showed up.... we'll never know will we?

So until I see any proof that there were actually bad dudes who showed up to the free speech event....

All I see is a bunch of counter protesters, protesting the free speech rights of others... who they claim to be nazis, but we don't really know that they were.

Well then they should have organized better. Even the people who went to or wanted to attend said it just fell apart.

I'm having a hard time attempting to jibe your postings with your signature comments. Maybe you want to make the free-speech alt-right protestors out to be as bad as possible and not lend any sympathy to them due to misconduct from the alt-left counter-protestors?

No..

I am having a problem with the fact that 40,000 "counter protesters" showed up to an event to protest against the hate and bigotry of a group of people who, for all we know were just regular Trump hat wearing conservatives who are targeted for no other reason than they are Trump Supporters.

I don't know and nobody else seems to know anything about who actually showed up for the "Free Speech" event....

Well then they should have organized better. Even the people who went to or wanted to attend said it just fell apart.

Fell apart? How much more of an impact could the alt-left protestors have accomplished?

I think they were only permitted to have 100 people attend the rally.

Yeah, but people are whining that the free speech rally was drowned out, which if I recall was what the same people said counter-protesters should be doing, instead of "causing violence," all last week while they were yelling at me for hating nazis.

It's clear that these people don't want any "leftists," in sight of their righteous rallies.

Oh...my god. This was Trump's tweet, which sat there for one hour before any followup:

"Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston. Police are looking tough and smart! Thank you."

I wonder if he was thinking, "Boy, that sure does look like one peaceful protest! How can I communicate that to the 36.3 million people who are following me on twitter? I know! I'll call the protesters anti-police agitators!"

Stop, Cain. Just...stop.

He didn't call the protesters "Anti-Police Agitators".

He stated there were many present.... that in no way equates to him calling all of the protestors there anti-police agitators.

Clearly we are done here. Your Trump Derrangement Syndrome prevents you from even acknowleging basic understanding of a very simple statement without twisting his words to find "hidden evil meaning".

BTW, If I don't "Just stop" are you and your ANti-First Amendment Goons going to keep me from using my first amendment rights too?

No..

I am having a problem with the fact that 40,000 "counter protesters" showed up to an event to protest against the hate and bigotry of a group of people who, for all we know were just regular Trump hat wearing conservatives who are targeted for no other reason than they are Trump Supporters.

I don't know and nobody else seems to know anything about who actually showed up for the "Free Speech" event....
Trump supporters are not alt-right white supremacists. Let me explain this to you: The GOP allows anybody into their political party.
The alt-right white supremacists are against diversity. The dem party is for diversity for every race and culture except for the white race. Where is a group that is proud of their white heritage supposed to fit in if not for the GOP? Understand this: many big government social justice warriors on the right are for taking away the first amendment rights of the alt-right. Ask ModGop. As the Bushes HW, W and Jeb!. Ask most traditional GOP (some who dare to call themselves conservative).

Last edited:
No..

The counter protesters had nothing against the free speech rally in particular. It's just that some of the counter protesters believed that that sending a message denouncing racism is important.

Monica Cannon, an organizer of the "Fight White Supremacy" march, called racism a fact of life in the city.

"Ignoring a problem has never solved it," Cannon said in a phone interview. "We cannot continue to ignore racism."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-protests-idUSKCN1AZ0BU

You believe so?

Shouldn't you KNOW so, before you go shutting down the free speech of another group?

Because so far, despite all the talk of "Hate" and "Nazis", I haven't seen any evidence that those who gathered belonged to either of those groups.

Why would i be interested in knowing so?

It's all lies and deceit.

He didn't call the protesters "Anti-Police Agitators".

He stated there were many present.... that in no way equates to him calling all of the protestors there anti-police agitators.

Clearly we are done here. Your Trump Derrangement Syndrome prevents you from even acknowleging basic understanding of a very simple statement without twisting his words to find "hidden evil meaning".

BTW, If I don't "Just stop" are you and your ANti-First Amendment Goons going to keep me from using my first amendment rights too?

The President of the United States publicly characterized a peaceful protest with the description "Many anti-police agitators." Try, for one minute...just one minute, Caine, I'm not asking for much from you here...to be honest and answer this: what impression of the protest do you think Trump left his followers with for the one hour between his first tweet and the ones that followed?

Again, leave Planet Debate for just one minute and be honest.

Last edited:
Anyone with blond hair and blue eyes is automatically a nazi? How racist is that?

No you big buddy. The Aryan people can't stand the Nazis.

And Trump's comments didn't state any level of majority or percentages.... despite what some on here are saying, and some I am sure in the lamestream media will be claiming as well. He was only pointing out that there were "many".

I agree that there are always idiots in situations like those.

So you are saying that Trump misrepresented the protest when he said, and I quote...
"Our great country has been divided for decades. Sometimes you need protest in order to heal, & we will heal, & be stronger than ever before!"

AND

"I want to applaud the many protestors in Boston who are speaking out against bigotry and hate. Our country will soon come together as one!"

But those lines aren't important to you....... because it is your goal to view him in the worst possible way, even if it isn't reality.

The tweets I saw when I got home were:

and

"Great job by all law enforcement officers and Boston Mayor @Marty_Walsh."

The second tweet isn't wrong. But you know the main reason why todays protests were peaceful? Because we were there to be peaceful. The reason I went to the protest was because I wanted to show that resistance to naziism and white supremacy can be peaceful. To make a point to the people who have condemned the left as violent. That was the most important point to make today, and as a whole the protest really achieved that. It's misrepresentation when the President is tweeting things whilst the protest going on which are counter to that message, because it leads to people like you jumping on the bandwagon that the left are a bunch of violent thugs. Reality is, we're not.

I do applaud his later tweets.

Also:

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 7.05.46 PM.jpg

So by reading your mind here since you didn't answer my question. Are you saying that the event wasn't a disorganized third party fringe-fest that no one wanted to go to??

The tweets I saw when I got home were:

and

"Great job by all law enforcement officers and Boston Mayor @Marty_Walsh."

The second tweet isn't wrong. But you know the main reason why todays protests were peaceful? Because we were there to be peaceful. The reason I went to the protest was because I wanted to show that resistance to naziism and white supremacy can be peaceful. To make a point to the people who have condemned the left as violent. That was the most important point to make today, and as a whole the protest really achieved that. It's misrepresentation when the President is tweeting things whilst the protest going on which are counter to that message, because it leads to people like you jumping on the bandwagon that the left are a bunch of violent thugs. Reality is, we're not.

I do applaud his later tweets.

Also:

View attachment 67221588

Also he misspelled heal ;) :lamo Like really? :roll:

Yep, considering that it's been market by the media and the mayor as "far right" people are shying away from being doxxed, threatened and potentially assaulted.

If anybody condemns Nazis and then is doxxed, that's an entirely different issue than doxxing actual nazi marchers. Doxxing nazi marches is an entirely different debate. You are pretty much acting like a right wing version of a liberal who calls anybody right a Marx a nazi. FYI, people still have rights in this country, including neo nazis. If some kind of group starts doxxing people and calling them nazis just for sport, I highly doubt the average American will settle for that type of harassment so cool down.

So by reading your mind here since you didn't answer my question. Are you saying that the event wasn't a disorganized third party fringe-fest that no one wanted to go to??

Sorry. I've updated my post #143 that includes all posts I'm referring to.

The President of the United States publicly characterized a peaceful protest with the description "Many anti-police agitators." Try, for one minute...just one minute, Caine, I'm not asking for much from you here...to be honest and answer this: what impression of the protest do you think Trump his followers with of the protest for the one hour between his first tweet and the ones that followed?

Again, leave Planet Debate for just one minute and be honest.

That is how YOU want to see it. Because you hate him so.

He did not characterize the protest. He merely pointed out a simple fact that there were many anti-police agitators, and commented on the police and thanked them.

The only tweets coming out of Boston Police Department talk about roads being closed and urine bring thrown on officers, then a follow up confirming the exact location of where it was happening and that rocks were also being thrown...... What impression of the protest do you think the Boston Police twitter gave to its followers for the protest?

Back
Top Bottom