• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This may not be the best time for Clinton allies to float Loretta Lynch as AG

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
...from deep inside a New York Times report over the holiday weekend, comes at a particularly poor time for Lynch — and, by extension, the Clinton campaign:Having women make up half of [Clinton's] cabinet would be historic (in recent years, a quarter to a third of cabinet positions have been held by women), and Democrats close to Mrs. Clinton say she may decide to retain Ms. Lynch, the nation’s first black woman to be attorney general, who took office in April 2015.

Even Democrats acknowledged the tarmac meeting was a bad idea, and Lynch and Bill Clinton have both said they wouldn't do it again. Acknowledging the "shadow" the meeting has cast over the investigation, Lynch now says she will accept whatever the investigators' recommendations are.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ut-keeping-loretta-lynch-as-attorney-general/

Heartbreaking that our first female African American AG might not be able to keep her position in the possible case of a Hillary presidency. What else should be her reward? Highly paid speeches for Goldman Sachs? A prominent position at the Clinton Foundation?

Thoughts?
Comments?

I don't think an AG has ever been retained. Not sure why anyone would imagine Loretta would be.

Supreme court judge.

really-do you think someone who wasn't at the very top of her class (she didn't graduate from Honors from HLS), wasn't on the law review, didn't clerk for a Supreme Court Justice-should be on the supreme court? at least Kagan and Sotomayor had sterling academic credentials.

I don't think an AG has ever been retained. Not sure why anyone would imagine Loretta would be.

its rare that after 8 years, the same party holds the WH. I think Thornburgh was AG from 88 to 91. so he was sort of Like Lynch, AG for the end of the Reagan administration through most of Bush I's tenure

really-do you think someone who wasn't at the very top of her class (she didn't graduate from Honors from HLS), wasn't on the law review, didn't clerk for a Supreme Court Justice-should be on the supreme court? at least Kagan and Sotomayor had sterling academic credentials.

Not everyone's experience is the same...but Loretta's experience is hard to beat.

Loretta Elizabeth Lynch (born May 21, 1959) is the 83rd and current Attorney General of the United States, having previously served as United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. Her tenure as U.S. Attorney began in 2010, and she also held that position from 1999 to 2001. As U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, Lynch oversaw federal prosecutions in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island.

Lynch earned a Bachelor of Arts in English and American literature from Harvard College in 1981 and a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in 1984, where she was a member of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau.[6][7]

She then practiced law in New York and became a federal prosecutor in 1990, rising to become head of the Eastern District office. She later returned to private law practice, until she again became the top district prosecutor. From 2003 to 2005, she served on the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

While Lynch was US Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, she supervised the investigation into senior FIFA officials from its earliest stages. The investigation culminated in the indictment of 14 senior FIFA officials and sports marketing executives shortly after Lynch was confirmed as Attorney General.[17] For her work in the 2015 FIFA corruption case, Lynch was presented with the 3rd annual Golden Blazer by Roger Bennett and Michael Davies.[18]...

Lynch's office prosecuted Republican congressman Michael Grimm; prosecuted Democratic politicians Pedro Espada Jr. and William Boyland, Jr.; investigated Citigroup over mortgage securities sold by the bank, resulting in a US$7 billion settlement; and was involved in the US$1.2 billion settlement with HSBC over violations of the Bank Secrecy Act.[2][15][16]...

On November 8, 2014, President Barack Obama nominated her to succeed Eric Holder as Attorney General.[1]

She seems more than qualified to me. I think she'd make a great judge. :)

Last edited:
Not everyone's experience is the same...but Loretta's experience is hard to beat.

that's a weak resume compared to say Alito, Roberts, Sotomayor etc. The academics are not there as well

She can probably retire on the "donation" Bill pledged to her at the airport.

that's a weak resume compared to say Alito, Roberts, Sotomayor etc. The academics are not there as well

She's a lot more qualified than Clarence.

She can't even uphold the law when it comes to Hillary. Why would we want someone that unethical on the bench?

She's a lot more qualified than Clarence.

nope not at all. He was a sitting Circuit COA judge when he was elevated. And its the DEMS that demanded a black replace Thurgood Marshall. She was a double affirmative action pick.

nope not at all. He was a sitting Circuit COA judge when he was elevated. And its the DEMS that demanded a black replace Thurgood Marshall. She was a double affirmative action pick.

Clarence is little more than a bitter, self pitying, bump on a log and doesn't even begin to compare to Thurgood Marshall. He is completely lost without Scalia telling him how to think and vote....and he's now thinking to retire. His seat on the bench would be perfect for Loretta.

Clarence is little more than a bitter, self pitying, bump on a log and doesn't even begin to compare to Thurgood Marshall. He is completely lost without Scalia telling him how to think and vote....and he's now thinking to retire. His seat on the bench would be perfect for Loretta.

LOL, what sort of far leftwing hate blog did you copy that crap from.

The fear and hate is all yours.

really-and you just posted an idiotic attack on Justice Thomas that is devoid of facts, reality, common sense and intelligence

This seems extremely racist.

True.

The spot should be reserved for Obama.

Last edited:
Thanks for proving that right wingers and racists always pull the race card first.

Wrong, I was doing the same thing Liberals do the second anyone mentions Obama in a negative light.

Wrong, I was doing the same thing Liberals do the second anyone mentions Obama in a negative light.

Nope...you were just doing what right wingers always do...blame the left for your own racism. Typical.

Nope...you were just doing what right wingers always do...blame the left for your own racism. Typical.

Try again bud. Why do you attempt to tell me what my own intentions were? You have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom