• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This Is How We Know The NRA Is Full Of Sh*t

Toy guns? Didn't the right explode when people talked about toy guns?

Guns are banned at their conventions.

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?
So this is your extremely extremely cherry picked take on the NRA? This is as dumb as shit can get. He's a former president STILL UNDER SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION. Get a ****ing clue!

Or they don't care about being principled. They are keeping their attendees unprotected by disarming them at the request of the SS.
You posted a discredited rumor about the NRA and pushed it at truth and you are questioning the NRAs principles????????

It's this way every single year. You trust Snopes, don't you?
First, you declare that guns are banned at NRA conventions every single year.

And now you provided a link that says guns are allowed in some parts of the venue this year.

Was your first response just a hasty attempt to score points?

According to the NRA, the Secret Service is taking control of the hall during Trump's speech and is prohibiting attendees from having firearms, firearms accessories and knives. Ammunition, laser pointers, pepper spray, toy guns, backpacks and other items also won't be allowed.

Considering this is an organization that advocates for guns in schools, can it get more hypocritical?
I wonder how many of these upstanding law abiding citizens will be up in arms about this decision? What? No guns at an NRA meeting, shameful.

Gosh, if only they'd do what you wanted them to do you'd fully embrace and respect them. You should write a terse email to the organization, cancel your membership and refuse to attend.

Those that enter the auditorium to listen to Trump are voluntarily doing so.

Or I can express my opinion of their policies and decisions as they lobby and bribe my representatives.

So this is your extremely extremely cherry picked take on the NRA? This is as dumb as shit can get. He's a former president STILL UNDER SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION. Get a ****ing clue!

Exactly! And it would be dangerous to allow armed people access to the former president because someone could easily just shoot him. The only way to keep the former president safe is to keep guns out of the auditorium. Can you imagine the pandemonium that would erupt if a leftist infiltrated the convention and took a shot at the president, especially if they were decked out in MAGA gear? There'd be lots of trigger happy folks aiming at other trigger happy folks with no one knowing who the good guys were and who the bad guys were. It would be a disaster.

Now lets get back to why having more guns in schools makes kids safer... :rolleyes:

And that would solve what?

Bottom line I don't think the left wants the Secret service to protect Trump
If trump needs protection at an nra convention, something is wrong, these are his peeps, why would he need protection from them?

If trump needs protection at an nra convention, something is wrong, these are his peeps, why would he need protection from them?
Ever hear of the never Trumpers?

Might need protection from the left wing morons protesting outside.

Did you read your own post? it's the secret service banning the guns not the NRA

First, you declare that guns are banned at NRA conventions every single year.
No, I declared that the untrue claim that guns are banned at NRA conventions happens every year.
And now you provided a link that says guns are allowed in some parts of the venue this year.

Was your first response just a hasty attempt to score points?

Ya'll just want to bitch, regardless of the facts. Just take the L on the debunked talking point instead of digging the hole deeper.
Your comment might have been less foolish if actually read the entire thread instead of jumping in because you thought you could gloat.

Last edited:
Gosh, if only they'd do what you wanted them to do you'd fully embrace and respect them. You should write a terse email to the organization, cancel your membership and refuse to attend.

Those that enter the auditorium to listen to Trump are voluntarily doing so.
I don’t think the USSS think their orders are voluntary. How you this morning?

The USSS isn't giving up anything; those that wish to listen to Trump are voluntarily doing so.
….and the USSS will use an “honor system,“ right?

Woke up way to early, but looking forward to a long weekend. You?
Overcast, law of averages says the weekend has to get better.

What "hypocritical"?

As I understand it, the official position of the NRA is

"Just as the NRA does NOT advocate for the ability of arrogant, delusional, pathetic, stupid, losers to be able to run around freely in schools, carrying guns and killing people, it takes "appropriate steps" to ensure that no arrogant, delusional, pathetic, stupid, losers are able to run around freely in its meetings, carrying guns and killing people.

If this involves some minor inconvenience for one or two legal gun owners, then that is simply the price that everyone has to pay for freedom and to **P*R*O*T*E*C*T** **O*U*R** **G*O*D** **G*I*V*E*N** **S*E*C*O*N*D** **A*M*E*N*D*M*E*N*T** **R*I*G*H*T*S**."
What could be a clearer statement of rationality than that?

They're definitely full of shit, but the rule against guns while Trump is there isn't an NRA rule. It's a Secret Service rule, and they don't have a sense of humor.
<SARC>Why do free, patriotic, right-thinking, patriotic, hard working, patriotic, honest, patriotic, real, patriotic, true, patriotic, conservative, patriotic, Christian, patriotic, White, patriotic, American, patriotic, patriots have to submit to the dictates of the fascist secret police who are under the control of the person who is, illegally, usurping the office of President of the United States of America?</SARC>

Back
Top Bottom