• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'This is how I'm going to die': Officers tell Jan. 6 stories

Luce

Weaponized Funk
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Along with graphic video of hand-to-hand fighting, the officers described being beaten as they held off the mob that broke through windows and doors and interrupted the certification of Democrat Joe Biden’s presidential win. The new committee is launching its probe with a focus on the law enforcement officers who protected them — putting a human face on the violence of the day.

Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone, who rushed to the scene, told the committee — and millions watching news coverage — that he was “grabbed, beaten, tased, all while being called a traitor to my country.” Doctors later told him he’d had a heart attack.

Daniel Hodges, also a D.C. police officer, said he remembered foaming at the mouth and screaming for help as rioters crushed him between two doors and bashed him in the head with his own weapon, injuring his skull.

Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn said one group of rioters, perhaps 20 people, screamed the n-word at him as he was trying to keep them from breaching the House chamber.

Tensions on Capitol Hill have only worsened since the insurrection, with many Republicans playing down, or outright denying, the violence that occurred and denouncing the Democratic-led investigation as politically motivated. Democrats are reminding people how brutal it was, and how the law enforcement officers who were sworn to protect the Capitol suffered serious injuries at the hands of the rioters.

This is of course from today's opening of the house 1/6 select committee.

Just like a normal tour group, mind you.

So insurrectiony...Look at the Capitol Police fighting for their lives!

And look at all the rampaging insurrectionists in the crowd behind the insurrectionist who is... [squints] ... begging the Capitol Police to do something.

This is of course from today's opening of the house 1/6 select committee.

Just like a normal tour group, mind you.
Yes, hundreds of his fellow officers died protecting the capital that day. He is indeed lucky to have survived. He may have saved democracy itself...

And look at all the rampaging insurrectionists in the crowd behind the insurrectionist who is... [squints] ... begging the Capitol Police to do something.

I find your bare minimum of evidence highly lacking.

luckily there is a better resource for video of the events of January 6th.

All touristy and shit. But thanks for telling me where you stand on this.

1627410872316.png

And then you have this going on at the same time?

Officers calmly posed for selfies and appeared to open gates for protesters during the madness of the Capitol building insurrection​

1627410917064.png

I guess being an American is too difficult for them.

You're probably too new to the forum to know this, but they're the exact same people who agreed with Trump about there being good people on both sides of that klan rally the right had at Charlottesville.

Maybe 1 or 2 who joined within the last 2 years will squeak by that general rule, but the defenders of the right are the exact same people for both events.

You're probably too new to the forum to know this, but they're the exact same people who agreed with Trump about there being good people on both sides of that klan rally the right had at Charlottesville.

Maybe 1 or 2 who joined within the last 2 years will squeak by that general rule, but the defenders of the right are the exact same people for both events.

There was no surprise concerning Fletch and CommonSense1.

Jmotivator was a bit of a disappointment, though.

There was no surprise concerning Fletch and CommonSense1.

Jmotivator was a bit of a disappointment, though.

Lmao, sure it was.

Lmao, sure it was.

I haven't seen much from him, and the bit I saw never involved making excuses for insurrection and treason.

Who is defending them?

Lmao, oh you playing coy today, Q guy? Well, if thats what it is, then that is what it is.

But it was a loving crowd that the capitol police let in. How friendly is that?

Oh, and there's "tremendous proof" that the election was rigged.

I'm sure that Trump and his VP, Kennedy, will soon be back in power.

Want t o see how much crap can come out of Trump's mouth? Listen to his voice!

Lmao, I need to see these kinds of garbage arguments more often on DP.

If no one died, what are you worried what's happening around you?

Whats happening around you: An insurrection, with the goal of overturning an election.

Back
Top Bottom