• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thiel-backed psychedelic drugmaker valued at $3.2B in Nasdaq debut

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Shares of Atai Life Sciences, backed by billionaire investor Peter Thiel, surged 40 percent in their U.S. stock market debut on Friday, giving the German psychedelics startup a market capitalization of $3.19 billion.

The Berlin-based biotech startup, which is exploring the use of psychedelic treatments for mental illnesses, raised $225 million from selling 15 million shares in its upsized initial public offering on Thursday.
==============================================
I think that there is a lot of potential here. Psilocybin has been used in cognitive therapy & ibogaine is used in substance withdrawal.

Shares of Atai Life Sciences, backed by billionaire investor Peter Thiel, surged 40 percent in their U.S. stock market debut on Friday, giving the German psychedelics startup a market capitalization of $3.19 billion.

The Berlin-based biotech startup, which is exploring the use of psychedelic treatments for mental illnesses, raised $225 million from selling 15 million shares in its upsized initial public offering on Thursday.
==============================================
I think that there is a lot of potential here. Psilocybin has been used in cognitive therapy & ibogaine is used in substance withdrawal.
"Psilocybin is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act, meaning that it has a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision."

How does that impact US distribution? The Schedule 1 list needs a scientist to look at it.

"Psilocybin is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act, meaning that it has a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision."

How does that impact US distribution? The Schedule 1 list needs a scientist to look at it.

Psilocybin has been on & off in trials since Timothy Leary. In cognitive therapy it aids in vocalization of deep emotions & memories.

Back
Top Bottom