• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There IS a difference between mail in voting and absentee voting.

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
From another thread I got the idea that a lot of people dont know the difference between absentee voting and mail in voting.

Absentee voting is where a legal voter requests a ballot.

Mail in in voting is where the election comm mass mails ballots to everyone on voter rolls wether they are alive or legal voters. There is where mail in voting goes wrong, it is the fact that so many voter rolls have not been purged of voters in years. There have already been hundreds of examples of where mail in voting has gone wrong.

Then we have the democrats all hell bent for mail in voting. Why is that, if they dont think that they will benefit from crooked schemes to elect democrats.

To make elections legal, we need voters with IDs in person at the voting booths.

From another thread I got the idea that a lot of people dont know the difference between absentee voting and mail in voting.

Mail in in voting is where the election comm mass mails ballots to everyone on voter rolls wether they are alive or legal voters. There mail in voting goes wrong is the fact that so many voter rolls have not been purged of voters in years. There have already been hundreds of examples of where mail in voting has gone wrong.

Then we have the democrats all hell bent for mail in voting. Why is that if they dont think that they will benefit from crooked schemes to elect democrats.

To make elections legal, we need voters with IDs in person at the voting booths.

Maybe they should have a system that allows voters to check their registration status, update their information if needed, and encourages them to do so before some deadline. That is essentially how it works here. They even contacted me after I moved to make sure my voting information was up to date in Colorado.

Mail in in voting is where the election comm mass mails ballots to everyone on voter rolls wether they are alive or legal voters. There is where mail in voting goes wrong, it is the fact that so many voter rolls have not been purged of voters in years. There have already been hundreds of examples of where mail in voting has gone wrong.

Then we have the democrats all hell bent for mail in voting. Why is that, if they dont think that they will benefit from crooked schemes to elect democrats.

How are absentee ballots verified and counted? How are mail in ballots verified and counted? Is there any difference?

How will President Trump and dozens of other administration officials present their voter id's when they vote absentee?

Are those states who votes exclusively by mail voting illegally or are you just unfamiliar with voting across the country?

Indeed, they are entirely different things.

"You may be wondering: What is the difference, exactly, between absentee ballots (a great way to vote) and mail-in voting (shouldn’t be allowed)? Wonder no longer!

An absentee ballot is sent in the mail, whereas a mail-in vote is mailed in. Sending ballots in the mail is famously secure, but mailing in votes is ripe for all kinds of fraud and confusion.

An absentee ballot is filled out in pen or pencil, whereas a mail-in vote is filled in with ink or graphite. Already you see how different the two are, and how much riper for fraud one is.

An absentee ballot is placed in an envelope, whereas a mail-in vote is enclosed in an envelope. The difference in security should be obvious.

An absentee ballot must be signed, whereas a mail-in vote requires a signature. An envelope containing an absentee ballot must be closed securely, while an envelope containing a mail-in vote must be sealed. On an absentee ballot, a voter marks their preferred candidates, but on a mail-in vote, a voter fills in the ballot to indicate the candidates of their choice."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ence-between-absentee-ballots-voting-by-mail/

At least mail in ballots should have a social security number on them that could be verified before counting. And I also suggest that a thumb print sticker be included and used.

What stops me from requesting a ballot for my recently deceased mother and filling it out for her absentee? I mean, if you are going to be okay with some people doing it by mail, then you have to account for ALL the problems, don't you?

Otherwise, you are doing a terrible job of letting perfect be the enemy of good.

How are absentee ballots verified and counted? How are mail in ballots verified and counted? Is there any difference?

How will President Trump and dozens of other administration officials present their voter id's when they vote absentee?

Are those states who votes exclusively by mail voting illegally or are you just unfamiliar with voting across the country?

How are absentee ballots verified and counted

Perhaps they're verified before they're sent out?

At least mail in ballots should have a social security number on them that could be verified before counting. And I also suggest that a thumb print sticker be included and used.

I disagree with putting a social security number on anything that is unnecessary. I would be fine with a voter ID PIN as has been used in other states. We should be trying to reduce avenues for identity theft, not create more of them.

President Trump should send his social security number on the outside of his return envelope through the mail? Under you under the impression that the actual ballot has any voter identification information on the ballot? Wouldn't that kinda defeat the whole voter privacy thing? Do you really understand how any of this works?

that's its unsafe to crowed people together and that the pandemic will suppress votes seems to be why

Absentee ballot flaw

I can pick who/what I want on my wife's ballot

How are republican votes verified and counted? How are democrat votes verified and counted? Is there any difference?

No. Republicans and Democrats are the exact same thing. This is just logic 101.

You are aware that you could be struck by a meteorite aand killed at any moment, right? It's not very likely, but it could happen.

So, by the narrative you have been provided, you should never go outside again.

Because your narrative is based on the premise that if it could happen then it will certainly happen. As well as a belief that people will commit millions of felonies to sway an election. And nobody would spill the beans. Etc etc etc.

You conspiratorial narratives are so weak they are laughable. A three year old could dissect them with the "Why?" game.

I disagree with putting a social security number on anything that is unnecessary. I would be fine with a voter ID PIN as has been used in other states. We should be trying to reduce avenues for identity theft, not create more of them.

No SS number on the ballot. Dont you trust big government??????????

that's its unsafe to crowed people together and that the pandemic will suppress votes seems to be why

If people can crowd together to riot, go to bars, and go to the Floyd and Lewis funeral, they can go in person to vote.

Perhaps they're verified before they're sent out?

You have NO idea how absentee ballots work... How is a ballot verified before it has been sent? There is NO vote identification number on a completed ballot. All that information is on the return envelope. The ENVELOPE is verified before the ballot it's opened. Once it is open there is no way to determine who filled it out.

If people can crowd together to riot, go to bars, and go to the Floyd and Lewis funeral, they can go in person to vote.

i have not done any of those things id still like to be able to vote safely by mail

Back
Top Bottom