• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Wall Will Not Cost Anything

But that is a far cry from having most of America's support. Anyone with a cause could say the very same thing, no matter how much in the minority their cause is.

Apart from questionable polls, there is no proof more Americans want Trump to back off border security than not. So many polls were so badly wrong about Hillary in 2016 that I think we should remain skeptical about there claims still today.

The other issue which needs to be discussed is the fact that the American government is not now and has never been before now obligated to conduct polls to decide what policies to offer. Lawmakers do not conduct polls before proposing laws and do not withdraw proposals if some pollster claims the public has just shifted from 50.2% in favor of the proposal to 50.1 % opposing the proposal.

Courts are not bound by public opinion polls before making decisions and issuing rulings. And the President of the US should not be blowing around on the troubled winds of shifting , biased, inaccurate, questionable or accurate public opinion polls. The President's job is to manage the government as he sees fit as President. The American public has little control over courts or the President to force either to bend to their emotional or enthusiastic opinions.

How else do you get anything done with congress. Between the resistance and the do nothing party kicking the can down the road and only focusing on hate for the other party and playing the blame game how else can something get done for the people.

Via the same way that it's not being done now. The government was built to be purposefully confounding. The answer to that isn't to step outside of the proper use of power because that new precedent will eventually fall into the hands of someone you don't like. You understand that it's not always going to be an R in the White House, right? You want them to pull the same type of thing for something you don't want?

But that is a far cry from having most of America's support. Anyone with a cause could say the very same thing, no matter how much in the minority their cause is.

Both sides claim they have majority support for their views. They cannot both be right. The good thing is, however, that it is Trump's job to do what he is doing and the jobs of other politicians to do what they are doing regardless of what opinion polls may come up with in efforts to sway politicians to push the views laid out in their selected polls.

Last edited:
Both sides claim they have majority support for their views. They cannot both be right. The good thing is, however, that it is Trump's job to do what he is doing and the jobs of other politicians to do what they are doing regardless of what opinion polls may come up with in efforts to sway politicians to push the views laid out in their selected polls.

Sounds like you want gridlock.

You're right there. And wrong. Congress does do something. Nonstop political investigations.

Oh I agree. Between the witch hunts, campaigning, the spreading of hate and division of the people they are pretty busy I guess.

if Trump declares a national emergency and pays for the wall out of funds that have already been approved by the Democrats for spending. Those dollars were not earmarked for anything in particular so they can be spent on anything. So, Congress does not have to approve additional spending for a wall.

It's still taxpayer money. The majority of Americans do not want Trumps vanity wall.

Oh I agree. Between the witch hunts, campaigning, the spreading of hate and division of the people they are pretty busy I guess.

But they seem to always make the time to vote for making a national cheeseburger day. A couple of decades ago I aspired to be a member of Congress. Now I would just pull my hair out and scream at my fellow colleagues for using Congress as nothing but a bully pulpit to accomplish absolutely nothing but spew nothing but partisan hot air. Sometimes I flip through the channels and watch either the Senate or the House for a few minutes, shaking my head at how they stand up there and for two minutes do nothing but use up the planet's oxygen supply, much of the time not even addressing the topic of what they were supposed to be talking about in the first place.

But they seem to always make the time to vote for making a national cheeseburger day. A couple of decades ago I aspired to be a member of Congress. Now I would just pull my hair out and scream at my fellow colleagues for using Congress as nothing but a bully pulpit to accomplish absolutely nothing but spew nothing but partisan hot air. Sometimes I flip through the channels and watch either the Senate or the House for a few minutes, shaking my head at how they stand up there and for two minutes do nothing but use up the planet's oxygen supply, much of the time not even addressing the topic of what they were supposed to be talking about in the first place.

Oh they work together real well when the rich and powerful need something. The bankers screw up and need a few trillion dollars to get out of the housing crisis both parties can't get them the money fast enough. Chump change to help secure our border and both parties will shut down our government. Too bad the bankers don't want the wall congress would give them enough money to build hundreds of walls.

Back
Top Bottom