• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Vision Pro is here. We are seeing a glimpse into the future.

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
1707195382784.png

The Vision Pro is here, and we are starting to see a new way people will experience things.

Over time, these VR goggles will get better and cost less.

I have already seen people wearing their Vision Pro outside, even someone driving a Tesla while wearing a Vision Pro.

The use cases are fairly obvious, but I could see it expand dramatically over the next ten years:

Video games
Meetings
Dates

I could definitely see these goggles, or in the future, they could be like sunglasses in every hotel, mall kiosk, etc...

The world is becoming more and more dystopian, but its the reality of what our society is moving towards.

Dates?

I hope I NEVER get that desperate that I would need a vision pro to have a date.

Sheesh!

View attachment 67491120

The Vision Pro is here, and we are starting to see a new way people will experience things.

I have already seen people wearing their Vision Pro outside, even someone driving a Tesla while wearing a Vision Pro.

The use cases are fairly obvious, but I could see it expand dramatically over the next ten years:

Video games
Meetings
Dates

I could definitely see these goggles, or in the future, they could be like sunglasses in every hotel, mall kiosk, etc...

The world is becoming more and more dystopian, but its the reality of what our society is moving towards.
For $3500 I'll see the future coming on a day to day basis and not through a machine.

View attachment 67491120

Video games
Meetings
Dates

Would that date be with a real human or AI?

I might consider such a device when the price comes down. I don't see the point in paying 3.5k for something so garish.

Don't want it.

I have a computer that's also a TV, an encyclopedia, a video game console, a video phone, and 1,000 other things I don't use. My smartphone is almost as smart as the computer, plus it's a a video and still camera, and has every song known to man.

I'm thrilled with all this stuff. Don't need no more.

I remember buying a Canon A1 in NYC, which saved me the taxes, but I couldn't talk the clerk into giving me the camera and mailing me an empty box. It was a great camera, but I had to carry a zoom lens, film, dust brush, and assorted accessories in a leather bag. I'm good.

Enough.

View attachment 67491120

Video games
Meetings
Dates

What other use cases?

Video games, sure.. How big is the marker for a $3500 video games display device?

Meetings - i don’t know many companies willing to shell out $3500 per employee for them to attend a video conference..

Are there any use cases where there is real ROI?

Video games
Meetings
Dates
VR headsets have been in the $200-$400 dollar range for nearly 5 years now. I already play video games in VR. I've gone to movie theaters in VR with friends (there are movies that actually sell VR tickets to VR theaters the same time the movie releases in real theaters). There is a VR game I play and I randomly ran into the game developers having a VR meeting and working on the game in a meeting room. Watched them add some test stuff to the game in real time.

And I have definitely seen people go on VR dates and even have "VR sex" in VR chat...

I might consider such a device when the price comes down. I don't see the point in paying 3.5k for something so garish.
I mean, the Quest 3 does 99% of what you'd do on the vision pro for $399.

What other use cases?
One of the largest markets for VR right now is attending live sporting events in VR through 3d cameras.

Video games, sure.. How big is the marker for a $3500 video games display device?
Almost none, considering gaming VR headsets are mostly $200-$1,000. Even the most expensive gaming headsets with niche features are barely into the thousands.

Meetings - i don’t know many companies willing to shell out $3500 per employee for them to attend a video conference..
As I said in another post I've actually run into people having meetings in VR before, but this was a few years ago and they were using much cheaper headsets I imagine.

What other use cases?
I've also started to see homes and apartments scan their spaces into 3d models that you can visit in VR, sometimes right on their website. Pretty useful imo.

I've also started to see homes and apartments scan their spaces into 3d models that you can visit in VR, sometimes right on their website. Pretty useful imo.

Who would lay for the VR headset in this scenario? I could a homebuilder buying a couple for a showroom where prospects could visualize design options, etc but thats a pretty small market.

Who would lay for the VR headset in this scenario? I could a homebuilder buying a couple for a showroom where prospects could visualize design options, etc but thats a pretty small market.
Well, you would.

Who pays for the phones for us to visit websites?

They are just scanning a space and throwing up a 3D model online. If you have a VR headset it allows you to tour it and see the space without having to go there from your home. A lot of places make 3D models you look around just using your phone already so honestly all they are doing is adding support for VR.

Like I said, VR headsets are really cheap and have been for years. The Meta Quest headset has over 20,000,000 sales alone. People already paid for the headsets and so there is a demand for uses for them like touring homes, seeing sporting events, watching movies in VR theaters, VR yoga lessons, etc.

Here is an entire company that just makes 3D models of property to tour.

This isn't a hypothetical scenario. This is already one of the main ways people have been using VR headsets.

Well, you would.

Who pays for the phones for us to visit websites?

They are just scanning a space and throwing up a 3D model online. If you have a VR headset it allows you to tour it and see the space without having to go there from your home. A lot of places make 3D models you look around just using your phone already so honestly all they are doing is adding support for VR.

Like I said, VR headsets are really cheap and have been for years. The Meta Quest headset has over 20,000,000 sales alone. People already paid for the headsets and so there is a demand for uses for them like touring homes, seeing sporting events, watching movies in VR theaters, VR yoga lessons, etc.

Here is an entire company that just makes 3D models of property to tour.

This isn't a hypothetical scenario. This is already one of the main ways people have been using VR headsets.

Why would I need a $3500 headset to view the 3D model of a home when i can use a browser today?

Why would I need a $3500 headset to view the 3D model of a home when i can use a browser today?
You don't. Like I said VR headsets only cost $200 on the low end.

The promise of the Vision Pro is that it isn't just a VR headset. It is a new kind of computer like a phone, with a VR operating system, that can do everything your phone and computer do and more.

Obviously the idea is that one day this will get cheaper. But the concept is this is a the beginnings of a device that would replace your home TV, desktop PC, smart phone, and probably a few other things I can't think of. Sort of like how Smart Phones replace cell phones, cameras, and calculators.

You don't. Like I said VR headsets only cost $200 on the low end.

The promise of the Vision Pro is that it isn't just a VR headset. It is a new kind of computer like a phone, with a VR operating system, that can do everything your phone and computer do and more.

Obviously the idea is that one day this will get cheaper. But the concept is this is a the beginnings of a device that would replace your home TV, desktop PC, smart phone, and probably a few other things I can't think of. Sort of like how Smart Phones replace cell phones, cameras, and calculators.
Aww.. I will go try one

What other use cases?

Are there any use cases where there is real ROI?

Apple already has a deal with the NBA where you will see fans in the stands with vision pros.

Basically to enhance experiences which is popular among millennials and gen z.

The most profitable use-case I see is through Zoom/MS teams/google chat meetings.

A lot of meetings are still held remote. We are never going back to pre-covid office levels.

Remote meetings do sometimes leave something to be desired. In meetings with high level of technicalities (ai engineer, neuroscience, etc).... this is a game changer.

VR headsets have been in the $200-$400 dollar range for nearly 5 years now. I already play video games in VR. I've gone to movie theaters in VR with friends (there are movies that actually sell VR tickets to VR theaters the same time the movie releases in real theaters). There is a VR game I play and I randomly ran into the game developers having a VR meeting and working on the game in a meeting room. Watched them add some test stuff to the game in real time.

And I have definitely seen people go on VR dates and even have "VR sex" in VR chat...

I mean, the Quest 3 does 99% of what you'd do on the vision pro for $399.

If you can perform surgery in vr, it will be must have in the top hospitals.

Aww.. I will go try one
You should!

Though the big problem now is they are a little "janky" and can take work to get doing what you want and setup. One big thing Apple has done is remove this and make it a polished experience.

Apple already has a deal with the NBA where you will see fans in the stands with vision pros.

The most profitable use-case I see is through Zoom/MS teams/google chat meetings.

A lot of meetings are still held remote. We are never going back to pre-covid office levels.

Remote meetings do sometimes leave something to be desired. In meetings with high level of technicalities (ai engineer, neuroscience, etc).... this is a game changer.
How many corporations do you imagine are going to shell out $3500 per user to have better video calls? 🤣🤣🤣

I am on 6-10 video calls a day and at least half don’t even turn in their cameras.

😂

No one wants to turn on their camera for Zoom meetings and you think they want to buy and wear $3500 VR headsets?

😂

I think the industrial uses for such technology is amazing.

I used to be a maintenance Avionics tech on aircraft. Being able to overlay technical manuals, diagrams, and VR examination onto real life what you are seeing has huge potential.

WW

Back
Top Bottom