• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The very definition of "insanity" in America

I think both the items above are fake in a way. First, as you pointed out, Trump suggests he will replace Obamacare. But second, he’s been talking about this for quite a while, and never has described his replacement other than to say it will be bigger and better, which he says about everything. My bet is that he will name no replacement and if elected do nothing to the ACA.
Biden is claiming the exact opposite. Is he lying? Or is it just a difference of opinion?

Biden is claiming the exact opposite. Is he lying? Or is it just a difference of opinion?
I assume that whatever Biden’s statement might have been, as a smart political he is counting on our memory of Trump’s and the GOP’s past attempts to get rid of the ACA

I assume that whatever Biden’s statement might have been, as a smart political he is counting on our memory of Trump’s and the GOP’s past attempts to get rid of the ACA
Biden is speaking in the future tense. Not past tense

He's either wrong or lying

Biden is speaking in the future tense. Not past tense

He's either wrong or lying
Yes, he is reminding us of what the GOP might do in the future based on their past record. What’s wrong with that?

When it really should be a limit to how expensive things can be with the limit of a certain percentage of that individuals' income.

That is how it works!

Etvdbj1VoAAFuUv.jpg:large

Obamacare is very very expensive with max-out-of-pocket being nearly 10,000usd. You are talking about Republicans who are not on obamacare. If they were on obamacare, they would not differ from how they are now, but they would at least know that some bad things only get worst.
Obamacare may not be perfect but given that we have the most expensive healthcare in the world and given the fact that Trump has talked out his asshole for 10 years that he'd come up with a better plan and then has produced absolutely NOTHING I'd say Obamacare is go-to health plan for the present with over 45 MILLION Americans signed up under it:

"ASPE analysis shows that today over 45 million people have coverage thanks to the Affordable Care Act's Marketplaces and Medicaid expansion. “On the ten-year anniversary of the ACA Marketplaces, HHS is releasing data that shows just how profoundly it has reshaped what health care looks like for so many Americans." 6 days ago

Many say they'd be dead today without Obamacare. Barak Obama saved lives while Donald Trump caused 1 million Americans to lose their lives with his reckless and dishonest handling of Covid. I think the choice is pretty clear who cares about American lives and who doesn't.

Millions of diehard Republicans are on Obamacare. They say without it they or their loved ones would die.

Trump promises that if he's elected in 2024 he will finish the job of destroying Obamacare. He has nothing in mind to replace it with.

Millions of diehard Republicans say they will still vote for Trump in 2024 even though they know he's going to try his damndest to take away the very healthcare program they admit keeps them alive.

I defy any reader to find me a better example of the crass stupidity that Republicans operate under when it comes to Donald J Trump.
They know in their hearts that KING MAGATS promises are less concrete than ones exhaled breath on a cold day.

LOL. He said that in 2016. Why hasn’t he done it?
Keeping promises for a President is a tough gig.
Here's 10 promises the current President hasn't kept

LOL,

Donald Trump Says He Won't Terminate Obamacare​

Obamacare didn't fo a ****ing thing to reduce costs.

View attachment 67497563

You liberals love to brag how many more people are covered, but you never speak of how limited the cheapest health care policies are.
Yep, we need to move to full on national single payer healthcare. The only thing worse than Obamacare is no healthcare insurance, or the old private insurance model we used to practice.

Yeah, like the VA system. What could be wrong with that?
The biggest difference between single payer and the VA system is everyone would be included. The system would not compete with other systems for anything since by definition everything would be covered by the system.

And it follows that good preventative care would lead to better long term outcomes for our society. It would essentially be one large insurance pool, and would cut out the profit piece of the pie that private insurance demands.

The biggest difference between single payer and the VA system is everyone would be included. The system would not compete with other systems for anything since by definition everything would be covered by the system.

And it follows that good preventative care would lead to better long term outcomes for our society. It would essentially be one large insurance pool, and would cut out the profit piece of the pie that private insurance demands.
Oh yeah, like the Canadian system. That's so grand as well.

Half the cost of our healthcare system is self inflicted, obesity, drugs, etc.

Administering public plans like Medicare is extremely profitable to private insurance companies.

He will have 4 more years to make good on those.

Yeah, like the VA system. What could be wrong with that?
VA and single payer are not comparable. Medicare is a valid comparison.

VA and single payer are not comparable. Medicare is a valid comparison.
Um no...........it is.......

The Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System (VA) is the largest integrated single-payer system in the United States.

Um no...........it is.......

The Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System (VA) is the largest integrated single-payer system in the United States.
As I understand it, tho it’s been years since my uncle was in a VA facility, Va personnel are employees of the government. its facilities are run by the feds. Completely different. The docs my wife and son saw with the ACA and I see with Medicare are not.

Back
Top Bottom