• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The two biggest take aways from the democrat convention

tenor.gif

The coolest thing about home runs is they don't come off the scorecard.

Kind of like inaction/denial while 180,000 Americans die.

Yes.

3) We hate conspiracy theories because they will ultimately destroy our country because conspiracy theories destroy people's trust in government and once you break a 'norm' or precedence, it never comes back.

leftist have already done that.

The coolest thing about home runs is they don't come off the scorecard.

Kind of like inaction/denial while 180,000 Americans die.

So why was pelosi and biden encouraging people to travel to infected area's and continue to travel
and doing everything they could to spread the virus around?

In fact they did everything they could to undermine containment.
So i guess those deaths hang on their heads. interesting what facts do to leftist meme.

Know what I love about that clip? It shows that the Bidens have a much better and more playful marriage than Trump and Melania. She won't even hold his had for ****'s sake let alone laugh with him. And you all think this condemns Joe for some reason. If Jill were my wife I'd be biting more than her finger. :)

leftist have already done that.

According to the FBI, conspiracy theories "very likely" inspire domestic terrorists to commit criminal and sometimes violent acts and “very likely will emerge, spread and evolve” on internet platforms.

Now that we have that established, I'd like to remind you that Trump has just recently congratulated Marjorie Taylor Greene after she won the GOP nomination for a US House seat in Georgia despite her promotion of QAnon. Trump hasn't spoken about the QAnon theories, but he has retweeted multiple Twitter accounts of QAnon supporters, many of them using the theory's slogans and buzzwords.

Putting aside the numerous conspiracy theories pushed out by Brietbart, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham, QAnon is perhaps the most threatening to human life than all of them combined. Yet even the Sinclair Broadcast Group felt compelled to pull a segment of its “America This Week” program that discusses a conspiracy theory involving Dr. Anthony Fauci and the coronavirus. Dr. Anthony Fauci has been receiving numerous death threats because of conspiracy theories cultivated by Fox's key anchor hosts.

QAnon has only been around since 2017 and founded by 3 men, two of them members of the 4Chan website. In just two years, they are still somewhat disorganized but their network of conspiracy theorists continues to grow. Qanon conspiracy theorists falsely believe that the world is run by a Satanic cabal headed by Hillary Clinton, and that Donald Trump and Special Counsel Robert Mueller were secretly working in tandem to eliminate the cabal. The QAnon book claims that the United States government created AIDS, polio, Lyme disease, some natural disasters, two Indiana Jones movies and the Pixar movie Monsters Inc.

The FBI has designated QAnon as a “domestic terror threat” because of its potential to incite extremist violence, and yes, Trump praised the supporters of QAnon, a convoluted, and suggested that he appreciates their support of his candidacy.

For any sane-minded, rational American citizen, this is all bonkers-nuts-crazy, and you support the man that breeds this strain of division, hatred and danger.

According to the FBI, conspiracy theories "very likely" inspire domestic terrorists to commit criminal and sometimes violent acts and “very likely will emerge, spread and evolve” on internet platforms.

Now that we have that established, I'd like to remind you that Trump has just recently congratulated Marjorie Taylor Greene after she won the GOP nomination for a US House seat in Georgia despite her promotion of QAnon. Trump hasn't spoken about the QAnon theories, but he has retweeted multiple Twitter accounts of QAnon supporters, many of them using the theory's slogans and buzzwords.

Putting aside the numerous conspiracy theories pushed out by Brietbart, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham, QAnon is perhaps the most threatening to human life than all of them combined. Yet even the Sinclair Broadcast Group felt compelled to pull a segment of its “America This Week” program that discusses a conspiracy theory involving Dr. Anthony Fauci and the coronavirus. Dr. Anthony Fauci has been receiving numerous death threats because of conspiracy theories cultivated by Fox's key anchor hosts.

QAnon has only been around since 2017 and founded by 3 men, two of them members of the 4Chan website. In just two years, they are still somewhat disorganized but their network of conspiracy theorists continues to grow. Qanon conspiracy theorists falsely believe that the world is run by a Satanic cabal headed by Hillary Clinton, and that Donald Trump and Special Counsel Robert Mueller were secretly working in tandem to eliminate the cabal. The QAnon book claims that the United States government created AIDS, polio, Lyme disease, some natural disasters, two Indiana Jones movies and the Pixar movie Monsters Inc.

The FBI has designated QAnon as a “domestic terror threat” because of its potential to incite extremist violence, and yes, Trump praised the supporters of QAnon, a convoluted, and suggested that he appreciates their support of his candidacy.

For any sane-minded, rational American citizen, this is all bonkers-nuts-crazy, and you support the man that breeds this strain of division, hatred and danger.

I don't know who QAnon is nor do i care. they are just another meaningless organization to me right up there with all the other meaningless organizations.
However we have already had enough conspiracy theories from the DNC and democrats in 4 years for a lifetime.

1) We hate Trump, over and over and over and over.

2) We will raise you taxes.

Can anyone think of anything else?

You got it so republicans can now relax and stay home instead of voting it's already in the bag for trump.

I don't know who QAnon is nor do i care. they are just another meaningless organization to me right up there with all the other meaningless organizations.
However we have already had enough conspiracy theories from the DNC and democrats in 4 years for a lifetime.

We have yet to hear crazy things from other conspiracy talking heads of the type of things QAnon supports. As an example, they want to 'round up' a bunch of Hollywood types like Tom Hanks and others, along with prominent people in politics, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, John Brennan, Christopher Wray, and send them all to Guantanamo to be executed, put to death all together.

Now, that's not just crazy stuff, that's downright terrorist talk and people are nuts enough to buy that **** even a woman Marjorie Taylor Greene who's running for our US Congress that Trump openly supports should be flatly and loudly denounced.

You don't see anything wrong with all that?

We have yet to hear crazy things from other conspiracy talking heads of the type of things QAnon supports. As an example, they want to 'round up' a bunch of Hollywood types like Tom Hanks and others, along with prominent people in politics, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, John Brennan, Christopher Wray, and send them all to Guantanamo to be executed, put to death all together.

Now, that's not just crazy stuff, that's downright terrorist talk and people are nuts enough to buy that **** even a woman Marjorie Taylor Greene who's running for our US Congress that Trump openly supports should be flatly and loudly denounced.

You don't see anything wrong with all that?

But then-----------------------look how it would improve the country!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.

3) We hate conspiracy theories because they will ultimately destroy our country because conspiracy theories destroy people's trust in government and once you break a 'norm' or precedence, it never comes back.

Isn't that what it's about though, new norms, new precedences (if that's even a word)

I mean, isn't what the whole statue thing was about, breaking down norms? The rioting, (trying to change the perceived norm of policing) etc ?

The problem is that there is no public discourse anymore, the media is only after ratings, truth be damned, Republicans and Democrats are after power and gaining control, truth and people be damned, and the people are too busy with day to day life, politics be damned......

Isn't that what it's about though, new norms, new precedences (if that's even a word)

I mean, isn't what the whole statue thing was about, breaking down norms? The rioting, (trying to change the perceived norm of policing) etc ?

The problem is that there is no public discourse anymore, the media is only after ratings, truth be damned, Republicans and Democrats are after power and gaining control, truth and people be damned, and the people are too busy with day to day life, politics be damned......

It should not be all about 'breaking down norms' because those institutions and the 'norms' they provide have withstood every assault against it over our 200 history and those norms are what made this country the democratic republic it is. Having a government that feels they are above the law is in direct contradiction of the foundations of our county. People still need to be accountable for their actions and words because the validity of someone's promises, genuineness and truth-telling is what creates trust. We've lost trust in our most valuable institutions and the thousands of dedicated men and women that continue to serve our country with integrity. Having people demonize them, tear them down, disparage them and lie about them is the how autocrats disassemble entire democratic governments.

It should not be all about 'breaking down norms' because those institutions and the 'norms' they provide have withstood every assault against it over our 200 history and those norms are what made this country the democratic republic it is. Having a government that feels they are above the law is in direct contradiction of the foundations of our county. People still need to be accountable for their actions and words because the validity of someone's promises, genuineness and truth-telling is what creates trust. We've lost trust in our most valuable institutions and the thousands of dedicated men and women that continue to serve our country with integrity. Having people demonize them, tear them down, disparage them and lie about them is the how autocrats disassemble entire democratic governments.

Let's take one part of that...the media.

Who do you think is to blame for "tearing down that norm" (When I say media, I am talking about newsmedia, print, journalists, reporters, tv, radio, even internet/blog etc)

Who is repsonsible for tearing that norm down?

Let's take one part of that...the media.

Who do you think is to blame for "tearing down that norm" (When I say media, I am talking about newsmedia, print, journalists, reporters, tv, radio, even internet/blog etc)

Who is repsonsible for tearing that norm down?

Trump is absolutely responsible for shredding any norms of a president. Norms have always been enough to keep a president from using his office for self-enrichment, until Trump declared ‘‘the president can’t have a conflict of interest’’ and celebrated that being elected had made his brand ‘‘hotter.’’ It should go without saying that a president would not rail against the independent judiciary, call the press the ‘‘enemy of the people,’’ attack an investigation ordered by his own Justice Department, blurt Israeli intelligence secrets to Russia or ask his cabinet to fawn over him on TV. A president does not have the right to use the US Attorney General as his own private lawyer to go after his enemies and get his friends sprung out of prison.

This can lead to a place where nobody is abiding by norms, then what kind of a democracy would we be?

Trump is absolutely responsible for shredding any norms of a president. Norms have always been enough to keep a president from using his office for self-enrichment, until Trump declared ‘‘the president can’t have a conflict of interest’’ and celebrated that being elected had made his brand ‘‘hotter.’’ It should go without saying that a president would not rail against the independent judiciary, call the press the ‘‘enemy of the people,’’ attack an investigation ordered by his own Justice Department, blurt Israeli intelligence secrets to Russia or ask his cabinet to fawn over him on TV. A president does not have the right to use the US Attorney General as his own private lawyer to go after his enemies and get his friends sprung out of prison.

This can lead to a place where nobody is abiding by norms, then what kind of a democracy would we be?

Absolutely not what I asked.....

Absolutely not what I asked.....

It's not the media unless you count Fox for all the conspiracy theories and disgusting name calling, mocking and mud slinging. But that's normal for them.

I guess I forgot a third one. That would be democrats would also pass abusive rules and regulations to control everyone's life.

3. Boredom
4. Biden pretending to be Max Headroom with "Lady lady lady"

It's not the media unless you count Fox for all the conspiracy theories and disgusting name calling, mocking and mud slinging. But that's normal for them.

I would argue that it is partially the media, they got away from straight telling of the news, to try and be more outrageous than the next, to get ratings etc, now they are at the point where they are telling you how to feel based on what you are watching ie, Fox tells you to support and like the President, CNN tells you to not support/ disapprove etc, and all of them don't think they are biased etc, it's absolute nonsense.

But society gets what it deserves when it comes to this, if no one is going to demand better from the media, why should they change? Same with politics.

I would argue that it is partially the media, they got away from straight telling of the news, to try and be more outrageous than the next, to get ratings etc, now they are at the point where they are telling you how to feel based on what you are watching ie, Fox tells you to support and like the President, CNN tells you to not support/ disapprove etc, and all of them don't think they are biased etc, it's absolute nonsense.

But society gets what it deserves when it comes to this, if no one is going to demand better from the media, why should they change? Same with politics.

A clear message is being sent to CNN- FOX is kicking their ASS.

Back
Top Bottom