• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth Is Out There — Fox Viewers Don’t Care

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
image1-29.jpg
Republican voters, especially those who get their “news” exclusively from conservative outlets, may be unique in history. While there have always been demagogues who have lied to their constituents — and in many cases used mass media to do so — what sets modern conservatives apart is that they quite clearly want to be lied to.

Never before has so much information been available to so many but used so little.
A worthwhile article to read:
Prediction: Some of you won't read beyond the title or the meme and just react out of anger.

And, of course, different polls have shown that two-thirds of GOP voters are convinced that the election was “stolen” from Donald Trump, which in their minds gives the events of January 6 some legitimacy.

Again, none of these beliefs is based on any kind of facts or reality. But it is what conservatives want to believe, so they take the “truths” that Fox spoon-feeds them — even though the network’s owners, executives, and on-air talent know them to be false, as recent court filings show.

Case in point is one of the revelations from those court documents, which details a private message from Carlson to an unidentified Fox employee. In it, he writes that he “hates Trump passionately."
Conclusion:
None of that matters, though, to an audience of tens of millions conditioned to only accept as fact what conveniently fits into their belief that they, and their country, are exceptional.

At least they are right about that part. They are exceptionally prone to being lied to, and they are exceptionally ignorant.

I think you're posting out of anger.
And, your descriptions fit your own side like a glove.

From the article above:
None of that matters, though, to an audience of tens of millions conditioned to only accept as fact what conveniently fits into their belief that they, and their country, are exceptional.

At least they are right about that part. They are exceptionally prone to being lied to, and they are exceptionally ignorant.

View attachment 67440838

A worthwhile article to read:
Prediction: Some of you won't read beyond the title or the meme and just react out of anger.

Conclusion:
brain-on-fox-58b8f77b5f9b58af5cb7cb15.jpg

Are you a Fox News fan? If you are--why?
Do you eat fish?
If so, do you eat the bones, the scales, and the fins or are you able to separate the meat?

Do you eat fish?
If so, do you eat the bones, the scales, and the fins or are you able to separate the meat?
I don't think JR is a fox news fan, if that's what you're getting at.

Do you eat fish?
So you don't watch Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, etc.? Who do you watch on Fox? Who's left to watch? I used to like Chris Wallace, but he's gone and I haven't tuned into Fox since then.

Do you eat fish?
Trouble is, Fox isn't feeding you cod, bass, crappie or catfish....
Fox is serving you Fogu....and they leaning how to prepare it by trial and error......

My impression of Faux Spnews viewers is they are a lot like alcoholics or other chemical dependent folks. You can council them and point out better options but until they crash and burn badly they will not change. They just haven't reached that stage and may never...

So you don't watch Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, etc.? Who do you watch on Fox? Who's left to watch? I used to like Chris Wallace, but he's gone and I haven't tuned into Fox since then.
Your mind is made up, so what difference does it make?

Your mind is made up, so what difference does it make?
I'm very curious. I think most people here know that about me now. I really do want to know why you still watch people who have shown they can't be trusted. I personally have stopped liking folks who repeatedly lied to me in the past. It takes repeated lies, not just one or two--because everyone is human and retractions are part of the journalist's code of ethics--so I don't expect perfection.

So I'm just curious what makes you stick around and get your 'meat' from tainted sources?

Trouble is, Fox isn't feeding you cod, bass, crappie or catfish....
Fox is serving you Fogu....and they leaning how to prepare it by trial and error......
What are you gonna feed me besides 💩?

I'm very curious. I think most people here know that about me now. I really do want to know why you still watch people who have shown they can't be trusted. I personally have stopped liking folks who repeatedly lied to me in the past. It takes repeated lies, not just one or two--because everyone is human and retractions are part of the journalist's code of ethics--so I don't expect perfection.

So I'm just curious what makes you stick around and get your 'meat' from tainted sources?
Don't expect a truthful response or any at all.

worthwhile article to read:
Conclusion:

I think we see something slightly different in the recent law suit...we see that Conservatives want Fox news to lie intentionally for political reasons, and they will threaten to stop watching Fox if it doesn't.
Fox news helped corrupt their viewership, and now it's the viewership that helps drive partisan corruption.

Fox News is like WWE wrestling: everyone knows it's staged and fake, but they love watching it anyway. It's great entertainment. That's why it's so hugely popular. Who wants to watch boring old real wrestling when you have WWE smackdowns?

Facts and reality are boring, hard, and not fun. I just wanna see Trump dressed up as a successful businessman beating the tar out of those stupid commie liberals and saving America. Oh wait...

Back
Top Bottom