• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump You’ve Yet to Meet

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The Trump You’ve Yet to Meet (Tim Noah, Atlantic, subscription)(Just because we know bad things about the 45th president, don’t assume that there’s nothing bad left to find out.)
How well do we know Donald Trump? Pretty well, it would seem. Nobody has ever accused the outgoing president of possessing a complex personality. His behavior in office confirmed the common view, barely disputed even by his allies, that he is a shallow narcissist, blind or indifferent to common decencies, with poor impulse control and a vindictive streak. His futile attempt to litigate away electoral defeat may appall you, but it probably doesn’t surprise you.

Still, just because we know bad things about the 45th president, don’t assume that there’s nothing bad left to find out. Journalists like to pretend that we know everything about a president in real time, but our information is never close to complete. There’s always more to learn, and it’s seldom reassuring.
Noah goes on to list things about Woodrow Wilson, John Kennedy, and, of course, Richard Nixon that came to light years and decades after their departures. He notes that it is likely a lot of things Trump did will never be fully known because of his penchant (illegal) of destroying records. But, he also notes,
The mountain of documents produced by the White House (not to mention the other executive agencies) is so great that they can’t all be doctored or ripped up. Keep in mind that at least some people working in the White House take their legal duties seriously, or are angry at Trump for not protecting them against exposure to COVID-19, or just don’t like the guy, because he treats them like scullery maids. (“He’s never cared about us,” one Secret Service official reportedly said about Trump.)

Another point in posterity’s favor is that Trump, for all his talk about loyalty, has never commanded much from the people who work for him. No visible bonds of affection or respect bind Trump to his employees, leaving fear the sole motivation for keeping the troops in line. (See Cohen, Michael.) Most of that fear will evaporate by January 20, by which time trade publishers may be turning away proposals for tell-all books lest they create a market glut. Unlike the previous two administrations, which were somewhat difficult for reporters to penetrate, the Trump White House leaked like a sieve. Après lui, le déluge.
He then lists the MANY questions that we are dying to know - like who he owes money to, how is his mental status, what does Putin have on him, and what connection does he have to white supremacists?

The Trump You’ve Yet to Meet (Tim Noah, Atlantic, subscription)(Just because we know bad things about the 45th president, don’t assume that there’s nothing bad left to find out.)Noah goes on to list things about Woodrow Wilson, John Kennedy, and, of course, Richard Nixon that came to light years and decades after their departures. He notes that it is likely a lot of things Trump did will never be fully known because of his penchant (illegal) of destroying records. But, he also notes, He then lists the MANY questions that we are dying to know - like who he owes money to, how is his mental status, what does Putin have on him, and what connection does he have to white supremacists?
I read the news, so I knew the real Trump from day 1

We know his connection to white supremacists is being one himself. The racist deniers always tell me they have no idea what I am talking about despite the proof out there for them to see. Many of them are racists themselves, of course.

But, he also notes, He then lists the MANY questions that we are dying to know - like who he owes money to, how is his mental status, what does Putin have on him, and what connection does he have to white supremacists?

Who gives a ****? What are you going to have left in your life after Trump is out of office? As to the topic of the thread, Trump doesn't seem particularly good at keeping secrets, plus the multiple unfaithful leakers that exist, people thinking there is more out their is just an absurd obsession.

The answer to most of your questions is "none".

The Trump You’ve Yet to Meet (Tim Noah, Atlantic, subscription)(Just because we know bad things about the 45th president, don’t assume that there’s nothing bad left to find out.)Noah goes on to list things about Woodrow Wilson, John Kennedy, and, of course, Richard Nixon that came to light years and decades after their departures. He notes that it is likely a lot of things Trump did will never be fully known because of his penchant (illegal) of destroying records. But, he also notes, He then lists the MANY questions that we are dying to know - like who he owes money to, how is his mental status, what does Putin have on him, and what connection does he have to white supremacists?
Character and personality traits is what is needed to know who a person is in its core. From there, anything and everything that has ever been known a person with that kind of character and personality traits to do is possible. Simply stated and using racism as an example, the leap to thinking he is or might be a White Supremacist is no big leap.

Knowing all the details, all the instances, and the scope of all of that is truly unimportant. Suffice it to say, his character and personality trait is sufficient to judge him for being a racist, no matter what the scope is. There is no such thing as a better or a worst racist.

In my opinion and something I have often mentioned before, morals, ethics, principles and humanity are traits that measure who a person is. A man that has none of those is a bad person no matter how much harm he has actually done or not done. For example, personally killing a person or paying someone else to kill a person is the same act though in one you did the act and in other you had someone else do it.

Long ago it was proven who Trump is at his core. Knowing everything he did or knowing just a part of what he did, makes no difference.

Character and personality traits is what is needed to know who a person is in its core. From there, anything and everything that has ever been known a person with that kind of character and personality traits to do is possible. Simply stated and using racism as an example, the leap to thinking he is or might be a White Supremacist is no big leap.

Knowing all the details, all the instances, and the scope of all of that is truly unimportant. Suffice it to say, his character and personality trait is sufficient to judge him for being a racist, no matter what the scope is. There is no such thing as a better or a worst racist.

In my opinion and something I have often mentioned before, morals, ethics, principles and humanity are traits that measure who a person is. A man that has none of those is a bad person no matter how much harm he has actually done or not done. For example, personally killing a person or paying someone else to kill a person is the same act though in one you did the act and in other you had someone else do it.

Long ago it was proven who Trump is at his core. Knowing everything he did or knowing just a part of what he did, makes no difference.
I don't disagree, but knowing the details is what the article is about. For example, it was only revealed yesterday that the FBI has been investigating a pay-for-pardon scheme since before August. That's a criminal conspiracy. Who was involved and how far it went will be important for us to know.

I have known since I became aware of the existence of Donald Trump that he was a grifter. He exudes sleaziness. Anyone with half a brain recognizes this. But prosecution of criminality requires details. What particular crimes has he committed? Those particular details have importance.

My mom knew the real Trump long before he ever thought about running for President.

I grew up in NJ and remember the piece of shit Trump of 40 years ago. He is not like a fine wine - he hasn't improved with age. And who knew he could be even less appealing than the 80s version.

Back
Top Bottom