• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Stupidity Of Gender Affirming Surgery And Hormone Therapy

I never claimed it treated the under cause, because I wouldn't claim that. Evidence suggests this is a brain disorder wherein their brains are different from those of both males and females. I was proposing that psychotherapy could help treat the associated mental stressors of having the brain disorder, resulting in an overall improved quality of life until we can find better treatments. It would be better than the alternative, i.e. chopping off and mutilating body parts and taking harmful hormones.
It only prolongs the main cause and makes it worse, especially for teens as their bodies mature in the wrong sex for their gender.

There is no other treatment. Drs cannot possibly string a patient along for decades just because you dont like the current treatment that has a sucess rate of more than 95%. I dare you to find other treatments that come close to that level of success. The hormones are no more harmful than what the bodies of cisgender people naturally produce.

It only prolongs the main cause and makes it worse, especially for teens as their bodies mature in the wrong sex for their gender.
This isn't true. Trans have just as many if not more mental and physical problems after SRS and many destransition. And it's only a theory that they are born into the wrong body. What's actually going on is that their brains are different from both male and female brains. They are their own thing.
There is no other treatment.
Right, SRS also is an ineffective treatment, because they don't really understand the problem. There is no really good treatment at the moment. That's why psychotherapy can help them cope and improve quality of life.
Drs cannot possibly string a patient along for decades just because you dont like the current treatment that has a sucess rate of more than 95%.
This is not an accurate figure. Detransition rates are closer to 11 to 14 percent. Also, this that don't detransition continue to have high suicide rates and continue to have mental and physical health problems.
I dare you to find other treatments that come close to that level of success. The hormones are no more harmful than what the bodies of cisgender people naturally produce.
This is inaccurate as well. The hormones harm their body because they weren't made for those hormones.

Back
Top Bottom