• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Rocky Mountaineer Poll: COLORADO VOTERS CONTINUE TO PREFER DEMOCRATS, DESPITE DECLINING BIDEN RATINGS

Colorado was a very Republican state back in the 1980s and 1990s, when it voted 10-20% more Republican than the US.

Now, it is the opposite, voting 10-20% more Democratic than the US.

Cool development, mostly because the state has a very educated, young, professional population that's outdoorsy and green-minded vs. the backwards, drug-infested coal-digging population of redneck states such as West Virginia, who trended to Trump.

Well, yeah. The majority of Americans have preferred the Democrats to the Republicans for decades. It is just that Biden is individually unpopular, not that Democrats are broadly.

In the governor race, Republicans have another liability, because they are splitting themselves:

Danielle Neuschwanger, who got disqualified at the Republican convention, is running as the Constitution Party candidate in November, polling 5-6%.

That means Gov. Jared Polis (D) leads by 18% if she's included as a 3rd party.

Colorado had a Democrat govenor from 1975 to 1999

I was talking more about President elections during this time.

And being a Democrat then isn't the same as now.

Fo4 example Bill Clinton would be seen as a Trumpist Republican right now during his time as Arkansas governor.

i used to love Denver, especially downtown around 14th street.

Now it's a dangerous cesspool of drug addicts wandering about.

What did you love about 14th st?

^ Standard, drive-by, "I hate cities" post.

Back
Top Bottom