• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Republican running in MA for Senate

TypicalRussian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Kevin O'Connor for Senate

endorsed by trumps campaign manager so practically trump's endorsement

there is a very small chance he will win

However he does bring up some good points.

"Washington politicians focus incessantly on creating and exploiting partisan conflict. Kevin believes the dysfunction in Congress is fueled by professional politicians who feel entitled to power and will do just about anything to keep it. That’s why he supports term limits and pledges to serve no more than two terms in the Senate."

"Washington politicians focus incessantly on creating and exploiting partisan conflict. Kevin believes the dysfunction in Congress is fueled by professional politicians who feel entitled to power and will do just about anything to keep it. That’s why he supports term limits and pledges to serve no more than two terms in the Senate."
I agree with the premise but don't agree that term limits will fix anything

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree with the premise but don't agree that term limits will fix anything

what do you think is the solution?

what do you think is the solution?
Thats a big question, lol
I think the entire dichotomy needs to be changed to limit the power they have. The most accountable gov is the one closest to the people it governs.
1. I would repeal the 16th amendment and put s stop to the government garnishing peoples pay.
2. I thinking elections should look like a pyramid.
A. Citizens should vote for county represenitives.
B. County representatives should be in charge of everything that affects the citizens of their district. That would range from laws to taxes and everything in between. They would also collectively vote on who represents them at the state level. For example county execs would elect govenors not you or me. I might make an allowance for them to also elect our congressmen (debatable).
C. States would be in charge of all disputes and regulation of county to county issues. They would also collect taxes from each county not from each citizen.
D. Federal gov would operate exactly as state level does except it will settle disputes between states and collect taxes from each state instead of counties.
A tiered system as I am describing would greatly limit the abuses going on by forcing them to have closer interaction to those who they are accountable too.

Thats a big question, lol
I think the entire dichotomy needs to be changed to limit the power they have. The most accountable gov is the one closest to the people it governs.
1. I would repeal the 16th amendment and put s stop to the government garnishing peoples pay.
2. I thinking elections should look like a pyramid.
A. Citizens should vote for county represenitives.
B. County representatives should be in charge of everything that affects the citizens of their district. That would range from laws to taxes and everything in between. They would also collectively vote on who represents them at the state level. For example county execs would elect govenors not you or me. I might make an allowance for them to also elect our congressmen (debatable).
C. States would be in charge of all disputes and regulation of county to county issues. They would also collect taxes from each county not from each citizen.
D. Federal gov would operate exactly as state level does except it will settle disputes between states and collect taxes from each state instead of counties.
A tiered system as I am describing would greatly limit the abuses going on by forcing them to have closer interaction to those who they are accountable too.

they are already tons of county governments too, you want them to be more effective

everything ele sounds good, espeically one

they are already tons of county governments too, you want them to be more effective

everything ele sounds good, espeically one
Yes thats a fair way to.say it. I want local government to govern its residents. State government to govern the counties. Federal government to govern the states. Sorta like a pyramid.

Yes thats a fair way to.say it. I want local government to govern its residents. State government to govern the counties. Federal government to govern the states. Sorta like a pyramid.

its supposed to be that way but the federal is so broken beyond repair

If I believed him I would support him.
Susan Collins said the same thing in 1995.
I believe she's running for her 4 or 5th term.

I do believe in set in stone lawful term limits, not bull**** promises. The only thing I might agree with is if someone stays out of government for 2 consecutive terms in the Senate 4 in the house they may run again.
And stop the ****ing pensions no member of Congress should get a pension. They shouldn't be there for life. It should not be their job.

If I believed him I would support him.
Susan Collins said the same thing in 1995.
I believe she's running for her 4 or 5th term.

I do believe in set in stone lawful term limits, not bull**** promises. The only thing I might agree with is if someone stays out of government for 2 consecutive terms in the Senate 4 in the house they may run again.
And stop the ****ing pensions no member of Congress should get a pension. They shouldn't be there for life. It should not be their job.

yes i want congressional term limits

Back
Top Bottom