• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Republican Autopsy

Great piece in the Bulwark.

They already thumb their nose at losing the popular vote by nearly 10 million. Will they care if they lose the Electoral Vote by a 100 points like they did in November 2020? Of course not. They have plan C in place, after all.

We've heard them say it. So, let's not be surprised when they actually try it. After all, the Right knows they will never get more votes than those of us not on the Right.

Don't be surprised when they actually do it.
This is where the GOP has been headed for decades...literally decades. They are politically bankrupt as all they have left now that the cover has been ripped off is the acquisition of power for the sake of power. They have literally no platform that is actually a political platform. They have no policy agendas that qualify as political policy agendas. They have virtually abandoned everything about contemporary Conservatism and Republicanism other than that one through line of White Supremacy that they adopted from the defunct Blue Dogs and have maintained and nurtured from that day to this.

The GOP has now made it entirely obvious that they are willing to throw over the Republic itself as a means to an end. It is power for the sake of power as a means to sustain a Cultural Nationalism that was never intended by the Founders no matter how much the Right tries to imply that it was. That is yet another ROUSE intended to allow them to fly their nonsense under the American Flag.

The GOP is as I stated weeks ago. It is now an Insurrectionist, Terrorist Cell and not more than that. While it is not Fascism in the European sense, it is close enough to European Fascism in the levers it attempts too exert to attain power to deserve a term like American Fascism.

There are so few Republicans left that actually believe in this country that they can caucus in a phone booth. There are that few now. The rest need to be drummed out of power and abandoned. I seriously doubt that they will come to their senses at this point as they have invested too much time and effort nurturing this Cultural Nationalism, protecting it and hiding it as much as they could. I would not believe them if they disclaimed it now. I am even a bit surprised at the Liz Cheney's and the Adam Kinzinger's of the world for being surprised at where their party was going all this time. Though to be totally honest, it took me just a few less years to see it myself and I was never devoted to it as they once were. I never would have believed that the Republican Party or any major American Political Party could have worked itself into such a complete state of decrepit disrepair.

While there are clearly members of the Democrat Party that also no longer believe in this country most of what remains of people that do believe in it are on the Democrat Party or are Independents. They are White People that are not dedicated to this Cultural Nationalism steeped in White Supremacy and they are Minority Citizens than in many cases have more empathy for and belief in this country and true love for it in their pinky fingers than a whole phalanx of Qanon, Oath Keeper, Proud Boy, Three Percenter whack jobs and the Performance Artists of the GOP.

I'm not a fan of the D, that's for sure. But, I'm much more opposed to Far Right Nazis than I am to the lunatic fringe on the Left.

The GOP needs more guys like John Roberts and the purged Justin Amish. Lynn Cheney seems upstanding as well, even if she is a Cheney.

I like Lynn Cheney, but she's a voice lost in the forest.

I like Tulsi and Nikki as well. Tulsi has some pretty scathing remarks about how House members are separated during their indoctrination when they get to the Capital. Instant warfare.

This is where the GOP has been headed for decades...literally decades. They are politically bankrupt as all they have left now that the cover has been ripped off is the acquisition of power for the sake of power. They have literally no platform that is actually a political platform. They have no policy agendas that qualify as political policy agendas. They have virtually abandoned everything about contemporary Conservatism and Republicanism other than that one through line of White Supremacy that they adopted from the defunct Blue Dogs and have maintained and nurtured from that day to this.

The GOP has now made it entirely obvious that they are willing to throw over the Republic itself as a means to an end. It is power for the sake of power as a means to sustain a Cultural Nationalism that was never intended by the Founders no matter how much the Right tries to imply that it was. That is yet another ROUSE intended to allow them to fly their nonsense under the American Flag.

The GOP is as I stated weeks ago. It is now an Insurrectionist, Terrorist Cell and not more than that. While it is not Fascism in the European sense, it is close enough to European Fascism in the levers it attempts too exert to attain power to deserve a term like American Fascism.

There are so few Republicans left that actually believe in this country that they can caucus in a phone booth. There are that few now. The rest need to be drummed out of power and abandoned. I seriously doubt that they will come to their senses at this point as they have invested too much time and effort nurturing this Cultural Nationalism, protecting it and hiding it as much as they could. I would not believe them if they disclaimed it now. I am even a bit surprised at the Liz Cheney's and the Adam Kinzinger's of the world for being surprised at where their party was going all this time. Though to be totally honest, it took me just a few less years to see it myself and I was never devoted to it as they once were. I never would have believed that the Republican Party or any major American Political Party could have worked itself into such a complete state of decrepit disrepair.

While there are clearly members of the Democrat Party that also no longer believe in this country most of what remains of people that do believe in it are on the Democrat Party or are Independents. They are White People that are not dedicated to this Cultural Nationalism steeped in White Supremacy and they are Minority Citizens than in many cases have more empathy for and belief in this country and true love for it in their pinky fingers than a whole phalanx of Qanon, Oath Keeper, Proud Boy, Three Percenter whack jobs and the Performance Artists of the GOP.
I've always said that the American Right will throw Democracy to the scrap heap of history the minute brown people gain voting strength. It wasn't hard to predict.

I've always said that the American Right will throw Democracy to the scrap heap of history the minute brown people gain voting strength. It wasn't hard to predict.
Count me as an American Idealist then. I guess I will have to wear that one. Though in my defense the Republican Party did have the gumption to toss Tricky Dick on the scrap heap of history where he belonged. So they were at least somewhat viable at that point. Sadly, those now count as "The Good Ole' Days" of the GOP or maybe just "the best days they ever had".

The big problem that the Republicans have is that their ideas are old (Conservative) and they continue to die as the people get physically old. The new generations as they get born are looking at the world through "new" eyes and they do not believe of have the old conservative values..

The GOP supports lower taxes, free-market capitalism, restrictions on immigration, increased military spending, gun rights, restrictions on abortion, deregulation, and restrictions on labor unions

1) young people deal with all colors and cultures so immigrations controls lose value
2) increased military spending is not something they relate to as the last actual war between nations was in the 60's
3) abortiion control has lost meaning in a society that is sexually open and does not have the old values
4) labor unions are not the standard as it was in the last century so the new generation does not even know what that is.
5) gun rights is something that was needed 200 years ago. This day and age, fewer and fewer people carry guns and the young people are totally against being killed.

As such, the Republican party as it is now is going to die of old age. No question or doubt about it.
I mean, it is until it isn't.

I wouldn't call the Republican Party dead based on one or two election cycles.

Sure, if the people that vote in opinion polls actually show up, en masse, on Election Day, that tends to favor more liberal politicians, but older voters pretty much always show up to the polls.

So keeping the younger voters engaged, especially in mid-term, is key for liberals to keep power, but it also takes a fair amount of luck, things going your way. When you get hit by calamity, that there is not a quick fix for, and you are the party in power, it's hard to hold on to the narrative.

If you lose control of the narrative, it's hard to win elections, no matter who you are.

Last I looked, the Dems didn't try overthrowing an election nor begin legislating their way toward stealing the next one. Maybe you should have read the article cited in the op.
Basing you argument on one or two recent election cycles doesn't prove anything.

At one time, Dems were a mainstay in American national politics, they held the House from the Great Depression to the 1990's, all but a few years. While they may have not controlled the Senate or the Presidency, all spending is controlled by the House.

In the mid 1990's Republicans were able to pivot and recapture the narrative, so I wouldn't call their death just yet.

Basing you argument on one or two recent election cycles doesn't prove anything.

At one time, Dems were a mainstay in American national politics, they held the House from the Great Depression to the 1990's, all but a few years. While they may have not controlled the Senate or the Presidency, all spending is controlled by the House.

In the mid 1990's Republicans were able to pivot and recapture the narrative, so I wouldn't call their death just yet.
The party hasn't died. It's ideals and principles have died.

The party hasn't died. It's ideals and principles have died.
You don't really know what goes though each persons head when they are alone in the voting booth.

Both parties rely on some pretty despicable politics to keep their bases engaged, because their is not one party platform and one base, they have to appeal to a wide verity of voters that have vastly differing views.

You don't really know what goes though each persons head when they are alone in the voting booth.

Both parties rely on some pretty despicable politics to keep their bases engaged, because their is not one party platform and one base, they have to appeal to a wide verity of voters that have vastly differing views.
To appeal to a wide base you have to adhere to widely accepted principles. Or at least try to. Republicans are stoking the fears of a diminishing majority instead. I don't count them out politically in the short term. In the long term, they seek to undermine democracy to preserve power. This is unacceptable.

The republican autopsy.
They can't keep up with the Dem platform of" free stuff for everybody."

You should read the Constitution. "One person, one vote add all the states together and there is our winner." is not how it works.
It's worse than that. The Democrats are fighting anything that ensures one person, one vote.

Last I looked, the Dems didn't try overthrowing an election nor begin legislating their way toward stealing the next one. Maybe you should have read the article cited in the op.
Sure they did. The Mueller investigation and two impeachments were just the headliners. There was more on emoluments and the 25th Amendment

Must have the gratuitous race card, yet never acknowledge that the Trump administration did more for minorities than any Democrat in the last 50 years. Your doublespeak would make Orwell's head spin.

To appeal to a wide base you have to adhere to widely accepted principles. Or at least try to. Republicans are stoking the fears of a diminishing majority instead. I don't count them out politically in the short term. In the long term, they seek to undermine democracy to preserve power. This is unacceptable.
There is fear stoking, but it isn't Republicans. They can't, because they aren't backed by the MSM. Note calamity's post.

The race card is purely fear stoking, with the intent of depriving someone of their right to speak. It's gone past that into destroying art and attempting to erase history. Democracy is under assault. It's being done by trying to silence Republicans and conservatives.

We have met the enemy, and he is us.
Pogo

Sure, if the people that vote in opinion polls actually show up, en masse, on Election Day, that tends to favor more liberal politicians, but older voters pretty much always show up to the polls.

So keeping the younger voters engaged, especially in mid-term, is key for liberals to keep power, but it also takes a fair amount of luck, things going your way. When you get hit by calamity, that there is not a quick fix for, and you are the party in power, it's hard to hold on to the narrative.

If you lose control of the narrative, it's hard to win elections, no matter who you are.

The GOP has been riding the baby boom at the end of WW2 for most its supporters. Unfortunately for them, they have not been building younger supporters at even a replacement rate and the next 10-20 will be brutal. Fundamentally, unless the GOP creates a new strategy to attract and retain younger voters in mass, they will be relegated to a minor party. I fully expect the GOP to attempt to adopt much more moderate stances and begin to grow the base. No prediction on how successful it will be...

You should read the Constitution. "One person, one vote add all the states together and there is our winner." is not how it works.

so what was all that business about being the “moral majority” that you guys were in about for so long?

It doesn’t matter, right?

ALEC a powerful Fascist party controlling the GOP will eventually bring on the final nail in the coffin. Why?

People in the nation do not want fascism though most believe it cannot happen in the USA unless ALEC takes
control of enough political posts such as judges, seats of your local board of education, city council seats,
state legislatures and such.

What is the best offensive? Realizing that the reckless dishonest conservative party is only 20% of the
nation. The larger the voter turnout the more likely we the Americans will always put into place a modererate
government which instills a robust economy.

Next......
BEGIN ORGANIZING YOUR VOTING DAY PACKETS = Democracy NOW

Voters must assume CONSERVATIVES may purge YOU from the voting rolls. Any way possible

Okay let's plan ahead. VOTE VOTE VOTE

Voters ORGANIZE A VOTING DAY PACKET which should contain:

--- a birth certificate

--- drivers license or state ID card

--- proof of voter registration etc etc etc.

--- Keep it close by as voting opportunities will be ongoing. Let’s get on with it. WE voters have a mess to clean up.

Sorry to say the grand ole party that represented the Fiscal Conservative/Socially Responsible republicans is dead. Over thrown by a radical right wing Libertarian coup which represents hate and outlaws.

Once again….Voters BEGIN ORGANIZING YOUR VOTING DAY PACKET. Keep it close by ALWAYS.

CONSERVATIVES will never give up squashing democracy and YOUR right to vote.

Tell Congress: Restore the Voting Rights Act now.
\

Last edited:
The GOP has been riding the baby boom at the end of WW2 for most its supporters. Unfortunately for them, they have not been building younger supporters at even a replacement rate and the next 10-20 will be brutal. Fundamentally, unless the GOP creates a new strategy to attract and retain younger voters in mass, they will be relegated to a minor party. I fully expect the GOP to attempt to adopt much more moderate stances and begin to grow the base. No prediction on how successful it will be...

very good = standing ovation

On the campaign trail they will present a moderate position however that will reduced to BS once the elections
are completed then it will revert back to Fascism. ALEC is the absolute controlling factor in the NOT GOP.

Tell Congress: Restore the Voting Rights Act now.

Sign to support restoring the Voting Rights Act - Action Network
https://actionnetwork.org › petitions › sign-to-support-r...

A provision under the Voting Rights Act was tossed by the Supreme Court in 2013, permitting states to change their election laws without advance federal approval ...

Petition · Restore the core of the Voting Rights Act to honor ...
https://www.change.org › nancy-pelosi-restore-the-core...

Rep. John Lewis dedicated his life to progress and moral justice through his public service and activism. The Voting Right Act of 1965 was one of the things he ...

Sign the Petition to Reauthorize the Voting Rights Act! - Ben ...
https://www.benjerry.com › values › democracy › vra

Fight back against new laws that undermine our freedom to vote, and help build a democracy that works for everyone.

Restore the Voting Rights Act | MoveOn - MoveOn's petitions
https://sign.moveon.org › petitions › restore-the-voting-...

To: Senator Patrick Leahy, Chairman, Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Chuck Grassley, Ranking Member, Senate Judiciary Committee, Congressmen Bob ...

Restore the Voting Rights Act - Salsa Labs
https://publiccitizen.salsalabs.org › restorethevrapetition

In 2013, the U.S. Supreme Court stuck a dagger into the heart of the Voting Rights Act, unleashing a new wave of voter suppression throughout the South.

All I said is that the Republicans, as they are now, are destined for death. Will it be in 2 years, 4 years, 8 years or 20 years, they cannot survive with the platform they have. Everyone born before 1970 will likely be dead or senile by 2040 and those are the ones that still live by the present platform. In 20 years, 80% of the electorate will be between 20-40 years old and they are just not going to be on the Conservative side. Heck, we may even be starting to settle communities in Mars. Carrying guns and fighting abortion will be past tense.

All I said is that the Republicans, as they are now, are destined for death. Will it be in 2 years, 4 years, 8 years or 20 years, they cannot survive with the platform they have. Everyone born before 1970 will likely be dead or senile by 2040 and those are the ones that still live by the present platform. In 20 years, 80% of the electorate will be between 20-40 years old and they are just not going to be on the Conservative side. Heck, we may even be starting to settle communities in Mars. Carrying guns and fighting abortion will be past tense.
IMO they might just sow enough confusion in these absurd voter suppression, voter disenfranchisement efforts to make a go at 2022 and possibly 2024. It really depends more on how the country state by state responds to this BS. Past 2024 I would not give a plug nickel for their chances unless they can actually execute on a complete 180 about face.

It also to some extent depends on the diameter of the flagpole Joe Biden is shoves up their buttholes. This whole Party of NO thing the GOP has got going on in the face of the massive popularity of the Biden agenda across the political landscape is going to roast their asses if he can get a goodly part of it passed.

Would not have been long ago there would have been an autopsy of the Democratic Party.
They didn't hold a majority of state governors or state legislator.
They lost the House in 2010.
They lost the Senate in 2012.
They lost the Presidency in 2016.
They lost the majority in the Supreme Court.
Never underestimate a political party's ability to pivot or change the narrative. There is something about America's two party system that just makes it easier for the party out of power to energize their voters.

Trump did a LOT for the Democrats by pushing the independents away from the GOP.

so what was all that business about being the “moral majority” that you guys were in about for so long?

It doesn’t matter, right?
I have nothing to do with any "moral majority". Besides, that is irrelevant to what I am talking about.

You are dismissed.

I have nothing to do with any "moral majority". Besides, that is irrelevant to what I am talking about.

You are dismissed.
We know. Violent overthrow is not a show-stopper for many of the Trump supporters. They proved it.

Great piece in the Bulwark.

They already thumb their nose at losing the popular vote by nearly 10 million. Will they care if they lose the Electoral Vote by a 100 points like they did in November 2020? Of course not. They have plan C in place, after all.

We've heard them say it. So, let's not be surprised when they actually try it. After all, the Right knows they will never get more votes than those of us not on the Right.

Don't be surprised when they actually do it.
1618586616570.png

Back
Top Bottom