• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The REAL Reason McDonalds Ice Cream Machines Are Always Broken

Artymoon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
When I came across this I was immediately interested as I've encountered this situation more than a few times. I always attributed it to undertrained staff who just didn't care. According to the video, around 13-15% of ice cream machines nationwide are down at any given time. That's a staggering number when you consider how many locations there are. The conclusion that it is a money making scheme between two exclusive partners was fascinating. Especially considering that the manufacturer also supplies machines to the likes of Chick-Fil-A, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. which are rarely down.

It's rather lengthy but it is a well done video.

Their milk shake machines seem to be always 'down for maintenance' as well. I assumed it was because the staff didn't want to have to clean them.

Their milk shake machines seem to be always 'down for maintenance' as well. I assumed it was because the staff didn't want to have to clean them.
Don't know if those are made by the same company but when they ink the deal for a new location, they have to use the one and only manufacturer and only one particular type of model. Seems like they've set it up that any time it has even the slightest of problems, a technician has to be called incurring hefty charges. Often, it's just resetting a code and there's actually nothing wrong with the machine it would appear. Seems like they have store owners over a barrel as it it just easier to have them come out rather than lose sales on a machine that employees have no way to get back up and running. McD and Taylor go way back so sure there's some backscratching going on there.

Back
Top Bottom