• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The presidential funeral.

5. You heard wrong, there where protest at Thatchers funeral. Americans loved her, but they where not saddled with her poll tax. A most devisive PM for sure.

Instead of "hearing" you could have researched. Saved me the time in correcting your post.
Wow, what a tone-deaf, heartless response. Go back and read #1 of the post to which you replied.

I don't think Trump will be assassinated, but that's another discussion for another day.

If he's convicted of a crime, then no.

If not, then fine, he gets a state funeral.

But I suspect there won't be that many leaders of state attending, more like a person appointed to stand in for them. Perhaps some leaders who are dictators may say something nice about him from their palaces. I'm sure the MAGA folks will come out to see him off....but it won't that big of a showing, like his inauguration where the stands were empty.

And for political points, a whole slew of politicians will show up in black armbands so they can go back home to get re-elected. They don't actually care about Trump, they just want the votes.

But, we all know that even if Trump dies in his sleep via a heart attack brought on by one too many McDonald's cheeseburgers, QAnon and all the other mouth breathers will claim a conspiracy. Like Scalia. So, I suppose you will have at least that idea to keep posting here....

In any event, I doubt it will be a huge event, but rather a mediocre one full of political theater. It will be just as white trashy as his time in office.
Tens of millions will line the streets. There will be mourning for months and months. It will be beautiful. It will be a fantastic funeral. He'll have to lie in state for a year just to allow all the millions from around the world who will want to attend. It will be the greatest funeral of all time, believe me.

Last edited:
I suspect Trump will be assassinated before anyone ever manages to convict him of any crimes, so the answer to your questions is that President Trump will be afforded FULL honors and traditions.

This is a MAGA conspiracy theory. Trump is not worthy of a state funeral. He can have the same funeral he gave Ivana.

Sorry if that disappoints.

I suspect Trump will be assassinated before anyone ever manages to convict him of any crimes, so the answer to your questions is that President Trump will be afforded FULL honors and traditions.

Who do you think would assasinate Trump?
Liberals who don't like him want to see him spend time in prison for his many crimes, not be made a martyr for the MAGA crowd.

Maybe an insane Republican would kill him and you can then blame liberals anyway?

🍿 ... This thread (every so often, give me time to go make more popcorn for this shit show thread please.)

Damn. I didn't know that people were actually using Trump as the victim of an assassination.

Who do you think would assasinate Trump?
Liberals who don't like him want to see him spend time in prison for his many crimes, not be made a martyr for the MAGA crowd.

Maybe an insane Republican would kill him and you can then blame liberals anyway?
People who don't like him...Globalists...have been trying and failing for years to get rid of him. Eventually, they'll take the final step.

People who don't like him...Globalists...have been trying and failing for years to get rid of him. Eventually, they'll take the final step.

Globalists again.

Now that is the same as a boogie man, correct?

You mean the same globalists who were given a massive tax break and getting rid of as many regulations on companies as he could get away with by Trump?
Yeah, I'm sure they really hate him for that.

You mean the same globalists who were given a massive tax break and getting rid of as many regulations on companies as he could get away with by Trump?
Yeah, I'm sure they really hate him for that.
Some of them.

Those things you mentioned brought some corporations and investment back to the US. Another four years and support from Congress would have done more. But that's not what the Globalists wanted. They don't want a US with a strong economy or their own manufacturing. They want a US that's a service economy dependent upon other countries for the consumer goods they use.

Trump was beginning to change that. It cannot be allowed. It costs the Globalists TRILLIONS.

I'll repeat myself...

It does not require the approval of Congress

Some details:

Most of this is precedent, it is precedent that only a sitting President lie in repose in the East Room of the WH. An honor given to FDR and JFK in the last 100 years.
Actually, it does require the approval of Congress to have the body displayed in the capitol rotunda. They are still given a state funeral, just not displayed for public viewing in DC. Nixon, for example, had his state funeral and public viewing at his presidential library in Yorba Linda, California.

https://www.funeralhelpcenter.com/us-presidential-funeral-traditions/

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/a-presidental-funeral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Military_District_of_Washington

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_funerals_in_the_United_States#:~:text=In the United States, state funerals are the,who have rendered distinguished service to the nation.

Recognising that families have a good deal of influence over these matters, so does public policy. What should we do when Trump's time comes? Assuming he is convicted of a during his lifetimecrime, whether it be obstruction, seditious conspiracy, fraud ( I gather the options are lengthy, even if the chances are shorter) Do we allow someone convicted of a crime to lie in state in the Capital Rotundra? Does the taxpayer foot the bill for a military flyby and a special honor guard representing all branches of the military?
Same as was done for that dick, Nixon

Trump won’t need to lie in state.

Trump has lied in every state that he has been in!

Back
Top Bottom