• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The politics of islam [W:368]

Re: The politics of islam

Provide your proof then that the historians of yore were more correct.

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thought. With our thoughts we make the world.

I don't need to provide proof. Look at Islamists today. Look at Christians today. One has changed, the other has not. And historians today have an agenda which is heavily influenced by petrodollars flowing into universities and publishing companies.

I don't need to provide proof. Look at Islamists today. Look at Christians today. One has changed, the other has not. And historians today have an agenda which is heavily influenced by petrodollars flowing into universities and publishing companies.
And of course you can prove this?

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thought. With our thoughts we make the world.

And of course you can prove this?

It is common knowledge.

To whom? Proof please.

Just shows the hypocrisy you spout.

I haven't apologized for anything, merely pointed out the hypocrisy and stupidity in your post.
You see here the habitual incapacity talking in not being able to discern apology from apologetics.

Perhaps then you can point out where that took place.
In his post that you quote in your #995.

To shed light on the matter, I can only see his posts when somebody else quotes them. Something I've made sure of, alone on account of finding the displayed (therein) ignorance on proper terminology tiresome.

Of course, as you rightly pointed out, if you're rebutting a claim, you're not apologizing. Apologizing would be for a wrongdoing of one's own, defending something against baseless accusations constitutes apologetics.

Thus accusing you of apologizing is as silly as all the rest of it.

In his post that you quote in your #995.

To shed light on the matter, I can only see his posts when somebody else quotes them. Something I've made sure of, alone on account of finding the displayed (therein) ignorance on proper terminology tiresome.

Of course, as you rightly pointed out, if you're rebutting a claim, you're not apologizing. Apologizing would be for a wrongdoing of one's own, defending something against baseless accusations constitutes apologetics.

Thus accusing you of apologizing is as silly as all the rest of it.
Yes the two terms are not equivalent by far and I did neither, but when he has no argument then false accusations and diversions are the norm.

Yes the two terms are not equivalent by far and I did neither, but when he has no argument then false accusations and diversions are the norm.

I have more argument than you or Chagos can handle. Chagos has already proven that. As far as baseless accusations, take a look at the Koran to see baseless accusations of non-believers and the hate espoused toward them. Islam needs to be called out every chance there is.

I have more argument than you or Chagos can handle. Chagos has already proven that. As far as baseless accusations, take a look at the Koran to see baseless accusations of non-believers and the hate espoused toward them. Islam needs to be called out every chance there is.
Nope. That would be your eisegesis of the Quranic text not the actual text within context.

Nope. That would be your eisegesis of the Quranic text not the actual text within context.

Right. Count the dead bodies and get back to me.

I have more argument than you or Chagos can handle.
:lamo yes, you so amply have demonstrated that already.

Chagos has already proven that. As far as baseless accusations, take a look at the Koran to see baseless accusations of non-believers and the hate espoused toward them. Islam needs to be called out every chance there is.
You mean like the old testament?

:lamo yes, you so amply have demonstrated that already.

You mean like the old testament?

The Old Testament is commands to kill a certain people at a certain time. The killing stopped in the Old Testament. The commands to kill in the Koran are open ended and eternal. Also name the last raid on the Philistines? The last terror attack was today, and they continue daily, in the present, not the irrelevant past.

The Old Testament is commands to kill a certain people at a certain time.
Yes when they do not follow the commands, or put differently are not believers.

The killing stopped in the Old Testament.
Has it?

The commands to kill in the Koran are open ended and eternal.
And where exactly does it stop in the OT?

Also name the last raid on the Philistines?
Were the Philistines the only people that were to be put to death?

Yes when they do not follow the commands, or put differently are not believers.

Has it?

And where exactly does it stop in the OT?

Were the Philistines the only people that were to be put to death?

All of it not one bit relative to the present day actions of Islamists. Or the origin and todays quite relevant Koran is outlining their actions.

Last edited:

Because you do not like facts and being proven wrong.

Facts about the past prove nothing. And if anything it shows how long we were enemies of Islamists. Islam doesn't change. We have. And guess what, Islamists don't care.

They see us as weak and incredibly stupid. I am not part of that club. If you choose to believe what Christians or Jews did deserves these terror attacks because its inspiration is the religions political ideology, just say so.

Facts about the past prove nothing.
In your world probably not. By the way, are you moving the goal posts or are they moving you?

Islam doesn't change. We have.
When and after how much blood shed? Would you have predicted that change when it happened?

They see us as weak and incredibly stupid.
Speak for yourself.

I am not part of that club.
Yea we can clearly see that now...

If you choose to believe what Christians or Jews did deserves these terror attacks because its inspiration is the religions political ideology, just say so.
Where did I say anything even remotely close to that?

In your world probably not. By the way, are you moving the goal posts or are they moving you?

When and after how much blood shed? Would you have predicted that change when it happened?

Speak for yourself.

Yea we can clearly see that now...

Where did I say anything even remotely close to that?

I am not moving any goal posts. The past is irrelevant.

When was that blood shed? There was some shed today by Islamists. Again irrelevant.

That is what Osama Bin Laden said in his strong horse statement. So what I said speaks for many.

Next, not worth a reply.

And you are saying it by bringing up the past to justify terror today. OK.

The past is irrelevant.
NO, to you all facts are irrelevant and ignorance is bliss.

Next, not worth a reply.
You mean you have nothing relevant and intelligent to offer as usual.

And you are saying it by bringing up the past to justify terror today.
I did not justify anything, but showed the hypocrisy and general stupidity in your posts.

NO, to you all facts are irrelevant and ignorance is bliss.

You mean you have nothing relevant and intelligent to offer as usual.

I did not justify anything, but showed the hypocrisy and general stupidity in your posts.

You keep saying that. Do you think that somehow makes it true? Try again

Yes as you keep denying it.

It is not my say so that makes it true, facts are facts. Do you believe that denying it will change those facts and reality?

Denying what? You keep saying nothing.

Back
Top Bottom