• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Obamas: How We Deal with Racism [W:305, 407]

I read the whole article bud. Did you catch the part where Young Obama felt he couldn't catch a cab because he was black?? I mean, I'm not black, so I'm not sure if this is a common feeling in the African American Community? Do they really think the mostly black and/or middle eastern cab drivers are scared of them because they are black?? How does catching a cab have anything to do with race??? I spent most of my time in Boston trying to track down Uber drivers because no cabs would stop for me!

I have a lot of black friends, currently dating a black girl, and most of them are actually pretty conservative folks. The majority of my generation just doesn't care this much about race!

I don't know why you assume I am white. To be clear I am.

Having lived in and being with blacks in a black community meself, I can tell you people DO stereotype blacks.

Catching a cab and being black, it has to do with being stereotyped as being a person who might rob a cab driver, or, in an elevator with a little old white lady who fears she's going to be mugged by a big black stranger.

Maybe you just ain't been around enough to see it like some people have.

I read the whole article bud. Did you catch the part where Young Obama felt he couldn't catch a cab because he was black?? I mean, I'm not black, so I'm not sure if this is a common feeling in the African American Community? Do they really think the mostly black and/or middle eastern cab drivers are scared of them because they are black?? How does catching a cab have anything to do with race??? I spent most of my time in Boston trying to track down Uber drivers because no cabs would stop for me!

I have a lot of black friends, currently dating a black girl, and most of them are actually pretty conservative folks. The majority of my generation just doesn't care this much about race!

I don't know why you assume I am white. To be clear I am.

Bud?

Let me ask you this,
do Obama's golf outing incense you? do the Obamas visiting other countries on the taxpayer dime piss you off? do you get mad when the president sips beer in the rose garden? if every little thing the Obamas do pisses you off, you clearly have a case of O.D.S.
and, there's no cure for it, at least not among moderate and hard right wing leaners.

Yes, and I explained how it was used as a buzzword. That you don't like that explanation is your problem. Affirmative Action, whether it is happening or not has been used as a buzzword by whites who don't particularly enjoy the fact that they themselves are failures. Now, never you mind the fact that AA also protects whites (and actually benefits white women often), it has been used as a buzzword to prove the supposed racism that whites go through. For the poor downtrodden white man, whether it is actually applied or not is irrelevant (just like with racism and the left). That is what makes it a buzzword. Do you not understand this simple point yet? Or do you need me to simplify it even further?

Dog whistle is another name for it too.

Nope, they still don't. You claimed you had never said it. I showed that you have. If you're going to get this irrational after what... 3 pages addressing my post, I suggest you see CC for some counseling on how to deal with someone proving you wrong. Now, as I stated, nobody cares about what you said, but for you to now state that you didn't say it is pretty ridiculous. The internet will make you eat your words time and time again. As for how wrong your statement on white buzzwords was: Do you want to admit that they do exist and whites (prominent and not prominent) do use them? Yes or no answer.

I think I can recognize a true Moderate now. :lol:

Bud?

Let me ask you this,
do Obama's golf outing incense you? do the Obamas visiting other countries on the taxpayer dime piss you off? do you get mad when the president sips beer in the rose garden? if every little thing the Obamas do pisses you off, you clearly have a case of O.D.S.
and, there's no cure for it, at least not among moderate and hard right wing leaners.

Well, I'd say it's far more sinister than ODS. There seems to be a general outrage about what Obama does that wasn't there even in the Bush years. For all the complaining liberals did about Bush's time on vacation, it was due to the fact that the country was starting to go belly-up. With Obama, it has certainly been different. The things Republicans complain about have been incredibly telling. The president taking trips on the American taxpayer's dime? The president sending his kids to a private school with bodyguards? The president's wife having fashion designers make her clothes? The president's wife focusing on people's health? How dare these uppity Chicago folks do all of these things that presidential families have been doing for centuries.

Never you mind that the last time an American president took trips on his own dime, people were still being sold as slaves. Never you mind that the last president without bodyguards probably got a bullet through the head (here's looking at you Abi). It's like they feel Michelle Obama should dress like Aunt Jemima and Malia and Sasha should go to a public school in the South Side. When is the last time a first lady hasn't focused on something trivial to the average trailer park fat ass? Nancy Reagan had drugs. Rosalynn Carter had retards. Hillary Clinton had women's rights. First ladies have always been involved in some **** that the average GOPer doesn't care to make a fuss about. However, with the Obama's it has definitely been different.

Maybe it's the fact that they haven't avoided even the mention of race like the other 43. I suppose it's because they've fleshed out some truths which minorities have experience for the past 300 years but white talking heads have generally ignored and continue to do so. Just look at the outrage that has come about because Michelle Obama dared to say that she felt someone being racist when they mistook her for the help. This is the post-racial GOP we're looking at. Where they'll blow their collective tops when a minority discusses instances in which they felt racism.

Last edited:
Well, I'd say it's far more sinister than ODS. There seems to be a general outrage about what Obama does that wasn't there even in the Bush years. For all the complaining liberals did about Bush's time on vacation, it was due to the fact that the country was starting to go belly-up. With Obama, it has certainly been different. The things Republicans complain about have been incredibly telling. The president taking trips on the American taxpayer's dime? The president sending his kids to a private school with bodyguards? The president's wife having fashion designers make her clothes? The president's wife focusing on people's health? How dare these uppity Chicago folks do all of these things that presidential families have been doing for centuries.

Never you mind that the last time an American president took trips on his own dime, people were still being sold as slaves. Never you mind that the last president without bodyguards probably got a bullet through the head (here's looking at you Abi). It's like they feel Michelle Obama should dress like Aunt Jemima and Malia and Sasha should go to a public school in the South Side. When is the last time a first lady hasn't focused on something trivial to the average trailer park fat ass? Nancy Reagan had drugs. Rosalynn Carter had retards. Hillary Clinton had women's rights. First ladies have always been involved in some **** that the average GOPer doesn't care to make a fuss about. However, with the Obama's it has definitely been different.

Maybe it's the fact that they haven't avoided even the mention of race like the other 43. I suppose it's because they've fleshed out some truths which minorities have experience for the past 300 years but white talking heads have generally ignored and continue to do so. Just look at the outrage that has come about because Michelle Obama dared to say that she felt someone being racist when they mistook her for the help. This is the post-racial GOP we're looking at. Where they'll blow their collective tops when a minority discusses instances in which they felt racism.

Seemingly every week it's something different, and when there's nothing, the GOP supporters go back and whine about the ACA. It's been the never ending story for the past six years.

Seemingly every week it's something different, and when there's nothing, the GOP supporters go back and whine about the ACA. It's been the never ending story for the past six years.

It's almost as if they expect the Obamas to avoid any discussion of race because it makes some people on the right feel uncomfortable. That's kind of like if liberals and atheists of the 80s had a hissy fit whenever Ronald Reagan made mention of his religion (and he did plenty of that). Even when George Bush's religious views were attacked, they were attacked because he was trying to establish one of his famous faith based initiatives. However, the outrage against Obama isn't even based on his actual policies when it comes to race. It's mostly that he's got the balls to discuss race with other people. That's crazy. However, it's in line with the supposedly legitimate questions on Obama's past. Like... whether he was an American citizen or whether he'd been born in Kenya or whether he was a Muslim.

Last edited:
It's almost as if they expect the Obamas to avoid any discussion of race because it makes some people on the right feel uncomfortable. That's kind of like if liberals and atheists of the 80s had a hissy fit whenever Ronald Reagan made mention of his religion (and he did plenty of that). Even when George Bush's religious views were attacked, they were attacked because he was trying to establish one of his famous faith based initiatives. However, the outrage against Obama isn't even based on his actual policies when it comes to race. It's mostly that he's got the balls to discuss race with other people. That's crazy. However, it's in line with the supposedly legitimate questions on Obama's past. Like... whether he was an American citizen or whether he'd been born in Kenya or whether he was a Muslim.

Correct, it's as if he or his family are not allowed to discuss race, or even mention it, because of their skin pigmentation. Some people probably feel it's best to not even touch on the subject, and to keep things swept under the rug, that's no way to bring stereotypes into the open, because it's like a sore spot on the body, once the scab is removed, it festers and festers badly.

And we, at least a few of us, see it in these forums and blogs. I was reading a MSNBC blog a day or two ago and couldn't believe some of the vitriol people wrote.

As I repeat: We white men, blonde women, or rednecks and nerds, do not get shiny buzzwords attached to our failures. How is AA a failure of society?? Where do white guys say it's a failure of society? That's like saying any policy change is a failure of society. Though I admit some really conservative crazy folks do believe that.

The point I was making in the beginning was that, Obama blaming his race on not getting a cab is as silly as me blaming race on not getting into a college because the other guy was Asian. It's ridiculous, and you spent nearly this whole time trying to paint me and my party as racist. The difference is Obama and his ilk can get away with it, while I would be laughed at like that girl in Texas from your own link, if I tried anything remotely similar.

Your mocking a black man for talking about his personal experience with racism is very telling. You probably don't even know you're doing it.

"....One line of research uses experiments embedded in surveys to uncover what happens when we trigger respondents with racial cues. Merely mentioning affirmative action in a poll, for example, leads whites to be much likelier to attach negative racial stereotypes to African Americans than not mentioning the policy at all...."

Polling Prejudice

That was a rather insightful article. It says that we live a very principled but resentful and colorblind society and goes on to give three explanations as to why. The gist of one explanation (ad lib) was that in the olden days when whites were openly racist, blacks got a lot of attention, albeit not always good, but since government now punishes open racism, whites essentially just ignore blacks as if they don't exist. I don't know which is worse, getting ignored or getting bullied. At least with the later blacks could garner some sympathy, now they don't even have that.

Your mocking a black man for talking about his personal experience with racism is very telling. You probably don't even know you're doing it.

"....One line of research uses experiments embedded in surveys to uncover what happens when we trigger respondents with racial cues. Merely mentioning affirmative action in a poll, for example, leads whites to be much likelier to attach negative racial stereotypes to African Americans than not mentioning the policy at all...."

Polling Prejudice

That was a rather insightful article. It says that we live a very principled but resentful and colorblind society and goes on to give three explanations as to why. The gist of one explanation (ad lib) was that in the olden days when whites were openly racist, blacks got a lot of attention, albeit not always good, but since government now punishes open racism, whites essentially just ignore blacks as if they don't exist. I don't know which is worse, getting ignored or getting bullied. At least with the later blacks could garner some sympathy, now they don't even have that.

Well that's an interesting read. V good.

Correct, it's as if he or his family are not allowed to discuss race, or even mention it, because of their skin pigmentation. Some people probably feel it's best to not even touch on the subject, and to keep things swept under the rug, that's no way to bring stereotypes into the open, because it's like a sore spot on the body, once the scab is removed, it festers and festers badly.

And we, at least a few of us, see it in these forums and blogs. I was reading a MSNBC blog a day or two ago and couldn't believe some of the vitriol people wrote.

Well, the thing is that some people don't want it "swept" under the rug. They want to redefine what racism is based on their myopic understanding of race issues. I find that is far more dangerous than people who would deny that racism exists.

For example, some in the media have stated that it is racist to even discuss race. It is racist to assert that some federal/state policies have disproportionately affected minorities. It is racist to point out that some people are indeed racist. It is racist to say that whites have economically, socially and historically benefited from racism in the Americas. It is racist to say that racial profiling is racist. You'll find that this all comes from the same people who will scream that some people are bigots for not supporting discrimination against gays. Ironically, their counterparts on the left will swear that it is racist to point out that blacks do indeed commit a lot of crime or that Muslims do commit a lot of terrorism.

These are the types of dangerous tactics that I have tried to disassociate myself from lately because they don't allow for any kind of serious discussion on the issues. I get really tired of people constantly trying to shut down discussion by arguing that it's racist/sexist to discuss an issue when they simply don't understand that racism isn't simply hating someone because they're of a different color. It's one thing to assert that a speaker is racist or that something is racist. It's another to try and shut down discussion by claiming that it is racist to even discuss it. That's what I feel the right wing has been trying to do as of late. Or at least until the issue is terrorism/black crime, then the left takes up the mantle for a little while.

It's why the right holds on to Morgan Freeman's/Barkley/Cosby statements on the issue or will irrationally post the same Malcolm X quote about Democrats over and over again. They're trying to shut down discussions on racism because it would force whites to come to terms with wrongs which were being committed as recently as the 1960s. Wrongs that many in the black community were alive to see, experience and still remember. I guess the strategy is to keep ignoring the subject until most blacks in their 70s pass away. That way, in 2030, they'll be able to claim that no black was ever around for the government imposed discrimination which both Republicans and Democrats shared a role in.

Last edited:

Polling Prejudice

:shock:

So let's think about this.

I've travelled to Chicago at least 100 times. There are times of the day, and areas of the city, where it's a major pain to get a cab. The fact is, most have been called by regular customers to pick them up. Apparently the fact unoccupied taxi's are passing me by is a show of prejudice against me. I never knew that.

I'm tall. I've been asked 1,000's of times by people in stores to get something off a top shelf. Apparently there was some kind of nefarious racial undercurrent in those requests.

If I disagree with the policies of President Obama, I'm told I'm a racist because what I'm really saying is I don't like the fact a Black Man occupies the White House.

And then there is your post, which tells me if I don't agree with affirmative action and the reverse discrimination snakes nest it creates I'm a racist, and taking it a step further, if I don't talk about race, I'm just sweeping my racial prejudice under the rug, because I don't want my prejudice exposed.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Are you out of your minds? I can't imagine a greater insult to any minority than the absurd BS coming from race baiters that believe the way this stuff that is being pushed. I can only hope this type of thinking is only found in a tiny sliver of society.

Unbelievable.

Yeah, being blonde is exactly the same as being black.:lamo

Do you even bother to read the crap you post?

I read everything I post. You obviously read everything I post as well. I think you missed quoting a few of my posts in this thread. Maybe your heart was pounding too fast at the idea that your many comments would get my attention, and you needed a rest?

Thank you for sharing your perspective on being a woman. Are you a black woman, which is how you're so in tune with being black, and how you're so anxious to ignore sexism? Maybe someday you too can earn a mid-6 figure salary like Michelle Obama and have your personal maids tuck you into your bedroom at the White House some day. Then you can really be a victim.

:shock:

So let's think about this.

I've travelled to Chicago at least 100 times. There are times of the day, and areas of the city, where it's a major pain to get a cab. The fact is, most have been called by regular customers to pick them up. Apparently the fact unoccupied taxi's are passing me by is a show of prejudice against me. I never knew that.

I'm tall. I've been asked 1,000's of times by people in stores to get something off a top shelf. Apparently there was some kind of nefarious racial undercurrent in those requests.

If I disagree with the policies of President Obama, I'm told I'm a racist because what I'm really saying is I don't like the fact a Black Man occupies the White House.

And then there is your post, which tells me if I don't agree with affirmative action and the reverse discrimination snakes nest it creates I'm a racist, and taking it a step further, if I don't talk about race, I'm just sweeping my racial prejudice under the rug, because I don't want my prejudice exposed.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Are you out of your minds? I can't imagine a greater insult to any minority than the absurd BS coming from race baiters that believe the way this stuff that is being pushed. I can only hope this type of thinking is only found in a tiny sliver of society.

Unbelievable.

I know now that every time someone asks me at 5'9" to get something off the top shelf after I've been tanning, it's because that person thinks I'm a black person.

Please get back to the topic at hand and feel sorry for the Obamas. They're victims. Maybe we can all take up a collection so they can get their PTSD treated. Princeton must have been hell. That is one mighty rough place.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1064103095 said:
The frame of reference, in case you didn't notice, is what the two Obamas said.

The claim of racism based on their statements is bogus. I thought even you could see through that. I guess not.

So it happens to all black males? What BS...

I'll have to ask the VP of my division, who is my boss' boss and a 51 year old black man how often it's happened to him. I'll let you know.

I've been coming and going from fancy restaurants most of my adult life. I never hand the keys to a white person without knowing he's actually the valet, let alone a black man. Funny, I never saw that happen, even when I was with my very black boss' boss.

Maybe Obama polled every professional black man in the country and asked that question, and the response was 100% yes. He oozes honesty, so I'll just take him at his word. Shame on you for not doing the same.

I know now that every time someone asks me at 5'9" to get something off the top shelf after I've been tanning, it's because that person thinks I'm a black person.

Please get back to the topic at hand and feel sorry for the Obamas. They're victims. Maybe we can all take up a collection so they can get their PTSD treated. Princeton must have been hell. That is one mighty rough place.

Oh, I absolutely feel sorry for them. Not in the way they would like, but I for sure feel sorry for them.

In fact, sorry comes to mind when I think of the President's unilateral action to legitimize millions of illegals who take jobs from minorities who desperately need them. I'm positive they see his action as a real blessing. Now knowing the Obama's are just like them and understand their lives must really help them sleep at night.

I hope there are enough rocks around for people who push this BS to crawl back under.

Why must white politicians and society in general treat minorities like children? This is just enabling more of the same. How about make everyone accountable for their actions, regardless of their race or skin color. Liberals are the worst for it, pretending to be the savior for the minority, when they could really give two ****s. Banning words for whites, but blacks can say them? Really, who is this helping? Why not take away the power of the words through their over use?

I don't even want to joke around at work anymore because of the p.c. police. This does nothing for racial tensions. All it does is create more division. Soon we will have the white dictionary and the black dictionary or appropriate words. What a bunch of morons our society as a whole is. There isn't much honesty left when it comes to race relations, its all a facade to hide the ugly truth that most people have some level of racism or bias, its human nature. To deny that just perpetuates more division rather than face it head on, get over it, and realize we are mostly the same people except for cultural differences.

Last edited:
Oh, I absolutely feel sorry for them. Not in the way they would like, but I for sure feel sorry for them.

In fact, sorry comes to mind when I think of the President's unilateral action to legitimize millions of illegals who take jobs from minorities who desperately need them. I'm positive they see his action as a real blessing. Now knowing the Obama's are just like them and understand their lives must really help them sleep at night.

I hope there are enough rocks around for people who push this BS to crawl back under.

I lay in bed last night weeping about the victimization of the Obamas. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to manage a personal bank account that probably rivals the budget of the entire city of Detroit.

But we all learned a lesson from this thread. A few, in fact:

A white woman isn't allowed to mention she has experience sexism. (Note to self - watch for these same people to criticize Hillary Clinton when she mentions being a victim of sexism, and all the posts from the resident left leaners screeching about how she has NO BUSINESS identifying sexism because poor Barack Obama had it so much worse)
Any time you are asked to get something off the high shelves it's because the person asking you thinks you're beneath him/her and should be functioning as a slave.
Hand your keys to the well dressed black men you see at restaurants because apparently everyone else does it. (By the way, that seems odd...I thought the meme was that white people all think black men are thugs and thieves. So white people watch black men in stores because they're convinced they're going to steal something, but then they just hand over the keys to their personal BMWs to any black man without even giving it a second thought?)

The things we learn on DP, I tell you.

I just wonder did the "first lady" help the woman at Target or not?......the story never told.......but I think I know the answer

A white woman isn't allowed to mention she has experience sexism. (Note to self - watch for these same people to criticize Hillary Clinton when she mentions being a victim of sexism, and all the posts from the resident left leaners screeching about how she has NO BUSINESS identifying sexism because poor Barack Obama had it so much worse)
Any time you are asked to get something off the high shelves it's because the person asking you thinks you're beneath him/her and should be functioning as a slave.
Hand your keys to the well dressed black men you see at restaurants because apparently everyone else does it. (By the way, that seems odd...I thought the meme was that white people all think black men are thugs and thieves. So white people watch black men in stores because they're convinced they're going to steal something, but then they just hand over the keys to their personal BMWs to any black man without even giving it a second thought?)

The things we learn on DP, I tell you.

Considering you yourself claim a successful black couple who mentions they have felt racism are just whiners, I find it interesting you claim a white woman should be able to mention she has experienced sexism, especially if she is a successful woman - after all wouldn't she just be whining in your opinion?

Now get this straight - you can discuss sexism all you want but to come into a thread about racism crying sexism misses the point just like if someone went into a thread about sexism in the workforce and said suck it up bitches and just shut up because I have it just as bad as you because I'm a minority and quit you whining about sexism. It would take away from a valid discussion about sexism and turns it into a discussion about racism instead and people would no doubt bitch endlessly about the 'race card' Yet you come here and gleefully pull the 'sexist card'. Get it? It doesn't help the way you framed it either, instead of a valid point like I can somewhat understand because I have felt a different type of discrimination you just went full on shrieking stop your whining because don't you think people see me as a dumb blonde who should just stay home with the babies, can you see the difference? If not, we can agree to disagree and I'm done.

edit: and you still don't get the Target thing comparing it to slavery. facepalm to the nth degree!!!

Considering you yourself claim a successful black couple who mentions they have felt racism are just whiners, I find it interesting you claim a white woman should be able to mention she has experienced sexism, especially if she is a successful woman - after all wouldn't she just be whining in your opinion?

Now get this straight - you can discuss sexism all you want but to come into a thread about racism crying sexism misses the point just like if someone went into a thread about sexism in the workforce and said suck it up bitches and just shut up because I have it just as bad as you because I'm a minority and quit you whining about sexism. It would take away from a valid discussion about sexism and turns it into a discussion about racism instead and people would no doubt bitch endlessly about the 'race card' Yet you come here and gleefully pull the 'sexist card'. Get it? It doesn't help the way you framed it either, instead of a valid point like I can somewhat understand because I have felt a different type of discrimination you just went full on shrieking stop your whining because don't you think people see me as a dumb blonde who should just stay home with the babies, can you see the difference? If not, we can agree to disagree and I'm done.

edit: and you still don't get the Target thing comparing it to slavery. facepalm to the nth degree!!!

Would you rather I post about how much the Obamas are victims and how awful their lives are? I will do that, right after I write out the check to my mortgage company. I wish I lived in a gigantic house with a staff of 200 at no charge. In the perfect world, I'd be a victim like the Obamas.

By the way, the bigger facepalm to the nth degree here is that you seem to keep forgetting this thread is about the Obamas talking about how racism has impacted them. My original posts (before you and Kobie had your meltdowns) were exactly about the topic of this thread.

Sorry again about offending you with my posts. I'll join in the Obama worship when it's applicable. You keep crying over their victim status.

Would you rather I post about how much the Obamas are victims and how awful their lives are? I will do that, right after I write out the check to my mortgage company. I wish I lived in a gigantic house with a staff of 200 at no charge. In the perfect world, I'd be a victim like the Obamas.

By the way, the bigger facepalm to the nth degree here is that you seem to keep forgetting this thread is about the Obamas talking about how racism has impacted them. My original posts (before you and Kobie had your meltdowns) were exactly about the topic of this thread.

Sorry again about offending you with my posts. I'll join in the Obama worship when it's applicable. You keep crying over their victim status.

:lol: Okay and since you have such a great position with your company and are a successful women, I shouldn't expect any crying about being a victim mention of instances about sexism from you. Can't be a victim of sexism and hold such a great position. I think I might even open a thread to discuss sexism in the workplace with us less successful women who have dealt with it. Sometimes it does happen and it can empowering to some women to hear about how others have overcome it. I would ask for your opinion how you dealt with sexism but I wouldn't want anyone who agrees with you to be labeled as a joining in the tres worshipping. In the perfect world, I'd be a victim like you with a good paying high position job.

In the meantime I think I'll keep crying about your victim status instead of the Obamas. Must have been so rough for you in the workplace with everyone thinking you were a dumb blonde who should just stay home with babies, my heart rejoices that you had the courage to stand up to those big meanies and work your way to the top!

Having lived in and being with blacks in a black community meself, I can tell you people DO stereotype blacks.

Catching a cab and being black, it has to do with being stereotyped as being a person who might rob a cab driver, or, in an elevator with a little old white lady who fears she's going to be mugged by a big black stranger.

Maybe you just ain't been around enough to see it like some people have.

So what's the difference between that and being stereotyped as a red neck or a nerd or a blonde woman? Why is it sooo much worse for black people to be stereotyped? Is there a stature of limitations for playing the slavery card???

:lol: Okay and since you have such a great position with your company and are a successful women, I shouldn't expect any crying about being a victim mention of instances about sexism from you. Can't be a victim of sexism and hold such a great position. I think I might even open a thread to discuss sexism in the workplace with us less successful women who have dealt with it. Sometimes it does happen and it can empowering to some women to hear about how others have overcome it. I would ask for your opinion how you dealt with sexism but I wouldn't want anyone who agrees with you to be labeled as a joining in the tres worshipping. In the perfect world, I'd be a victim like you with a good paying high position job.

In the meantime I think I'll keep crying about your victim status instead of the Obamas. Must have been so rough for you in the workplace with everyone thinking you were a dumb blonde who should just stay home with babies, my heart rejoices that you had the courage to stand up to those big meanies and work your way to the top!

I brought up my own personal situation in response to posts made to me berating me for not crying over the poor terrible life of the Obamas. You and Kobie should have thought about that before the two of you went on your rant about my posts about the Obamas.

I don't want you to cry for me. I don't need your tears. Save them for the Obamas. They need them. They had to go out and ask for them. Luckily, they have people to provide them with the tears they need, and the support those poor people aren't getting today.

Have a lovely Thursday. And be sure to give your car keys to the first well dressed black man you see. Everyone does it, according to President Obama. It's happened to every single professional black man he's ever known.

Back
Top Bottom