• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The NFL has gotten serious about vaccine!!!

Ethel2

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
If there is a Covid outbreak in a team that requires canceling a game then that game will be canceled and not made up. The team will be assessed a loss and all players will not receive a paycheck for the game. This only pertains to non-vaccinated players. Breakthrough cases do not count.

Comment: I think this is one step too far. I think that only the non-vaccinated players should forfeit their paycheck. Otherwise you are penalizing normal people for the idiotic behavior of the covidiots on the team.

If there is a Covid outbreak in a team that requires canceling a game then that game will be canceled and not made up. The team will be assessed a loss and all players will not receive a paycheck for the game. This only pertains to non-vaccinated players. Breakthrough cases do not count.

Comment: I think this is one step too far. I think that only the non-vaccinated players should forfeit their paycheck. Otherwise you are penalizing normal people for the idiotic behavior of the covidiots on the team.

Peer pressure might work

Peer pressure might work
Yeah, I get that. But if only the unvaccinated players lose a paycheck and they see the normal players getting paid.....well, money also talks.

Personally, I think they should require you to be vaccinated or you don't play.

Unvaccinated players will also be subject to a variety of restriction, including fines for breaking protocol. I am very happy that the NFL and Arians have taken such strong stands about essentially forcing players to get vaccinated:

Unvaccinated NFL players will be subjected to a fine of $14,650 every time they violate COVID-19 procedures.

A spotlight was put on the punishment after a report that Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians would fine a player "$14,000 on the spot every time he isn't wearing a mask or is breaking a protocol."

Personally, I think they should require you to be vaccinated or you don't play.
This seems like the no brainer way to go about it. Lets see how many of these loud mouths decide not to play and forfeit their salary. I bet not many if any. The way they are going about it now is gonna create headaches for all 32 teams.

Unvaccinated players will also be subject to a variety of restriction, including fines for breaking protocol. I am very happy that the NFL and Arians have taken such strong stands about essentially forcing players to get vaccinated:

Unvaccinated NFL players will be subjected to a fine of $14,650 every time they violate COVID-19 procedures.

A spotlight was put on the punishment after a report that Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians would fine a player "$14,000 on the spot every time he isn't wearing a mask or is breaking a protocol."

I love it!

Are you here to win a championship or are you here to be a little bitch? We will see who is serious about that.

I love it!

Are you here to win a championship or are you here to be a little bitch? We will see who is serious about that.
LMAO!!!

This is what the covidiot Deandre Hopkins tweeted (and removed from twitter later) about the excellent new policy:

Hopkins' now-deleted tweet read: "Never thought I would say this, But being in a position to hurt my team because I don't want to partake in the vaccine is making me question my future in the @nfl." After deleting his initial tweet, he tweeted: "Freedom?"

Hopkins has a choice: get vaccinated or interfere with not only his own income but that of all the players and staff involved in the forfeited game. Truth is, this is what a lot of businesses should be (and likely WILL) be doing after full approval is granted.

Stupid. If the NFL was serious about stopping covid, they would be punishing anyone and everyone who spreads covid, and not just some people. The science clearly shows vaccinated people can and do spread this deadly disease, and precautions need to be taken to save lives.

Back
Top Bottom