• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The News IQ Quiz

13 out of 13

I wasn't 100% positive on the Obama-winning states question, but used a process of elimination.

It surprises me that so many people didn't know Syria, but then again I'm something of a political/cultural geography geek.

Last edited:
I had to guess the Massachusetts one, and the SSM state, and got both wrong! 11-13. I still beat a lot of Americans.

Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 5.57.14 PM.jpg

Not sure how you can miss even one of the questions..

Test your knowledge of prominent people and major events in the news, by taking our short 13-question quiz. Then see how you did in comparison with 1,041 randomly sampled adults asked the same questions in a national survey conducted online Jan. 18-24 by the Pew Research Center. The new survey includes a mixture of multiple-choice questions using photographs, maps and symbols.

When you finish, you will be able to compare your News IQ with the average American, as well as with the scores of college graduates and those who didn’t attend college; with men and women; and with people your age as well as other ages.

» The News IQ Quiz

I missed the second question.
12 of 13 correct.

Why would I need to know what these people look like in order to have a good news IQ? Sorry, but I don't watch tv news, and that is where you get the visual associations. I knew the answer to everything, but I didn't know what the people looked like. Terribly designed test for the purpose of 'News IQ'.

13/13, I semi-guessed on the geography question.

Back
Top Bottom