• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The lonely funeral of a young soldier in Ukraine

#1) Not a "right winger". LMAO. You havent been paying much attention.

#2) I have much empathy for Ukraine, and all creatures on earth. Probably more so than you do. I just dont have a need to signal that on an Internet message board, theres no point. You are not doing a THING to help Ukraine, any more than I am by talking about it on a message board. It is a valid topic to discuss as all global conflicts are, but again it isnt something I'm real concerned about at this time. I feel this will remain contained to Ukraine, and I think pootin is already suffering heavy losses and things aren't going according to his plan, whatever his plan was/is.

I have nothing more to add, you are free to have the last word.

View attachment 67381313

Look, it’s a DISCUSSION FORUM and we’ll signal any damn thing we want, ESPECIALLY if it is empathy for the fine young men and women and children who are being slaughtered by the evil madman Putin. If you are unwilling to discuss the topic, PER SE, but instead just want to criticize those who DO want to discuss the topic, then go ride your damn bike and leave us alone!

Do you think the childlike McCarthyite possie's ongoing baseless accusations against many posters here for daring to have a broader perspective, " impress"?

Childlike McCarthyite baseless accusations. Just more ad hom, like we always expect from you. He wasn’t “looking for a broader perspective”. He was criticizing those who were just discussing a topic. He needs to either discuss the TOPIC or to STFU!

Whatever. There was no reason at all for your very hateful first post. This is a DISCUSSION forum and this is a subject that we want to discuss without you intervening to hijack the thread by whining about your personal problems. And nobody says that we have to be overly “emotionally involved” to show empathy for a young man, for many fine young men and women and children who are being slaughtered by the evil madman Putin. Again, if you want personal sympathy, start a thread somewhere, but if you can’t or won’t discuss the topic at hand, PER SE, then STFU! We don’t want to hear it,

What's with this " we" ?

You are not the arbiter of what people put on this board even if you think you are.

Don't like someones commentary then ignore it/them. But let's be honest here for a moment. You are playing to your audience and searching for cheap endorsements off the back of it from them lol

The endorsement from a narrow mind isn't really an endorsement imo

What's with this " we" ?

You are not the arbiter of what people put on this board even if you think you are.

Don't like someones commentary then ignore it/them. But let's be honest here for a moment. You are playing to your audience and searching for cheap endorsements off the back of it from them lol

The endorsement from a narrow mind isn't really an endorsement imo

Are you finished your whiNing for today yet? Care to get back to then OP topic?

Childlike McCarthyite baseless accusations. Just more ad hom, like we always expect from you. He wasn’t “looking for a broader perspective”. He was criticizing those who were just discussing a topic. He needs to either discuss the TOPIC or to STFU!

I wasn't aiming the comment at his imput , I was aiming it at yours.

So, do you think the childlike McCarthyite possie's ongoing baseless accusations against many posters here for daring to have a broader perspective, " impress"?

It's a simple enough question. Why don't you have a stab at answering it?

I wasn't aiming the comment at his imput , I was aiming it at yours.

So, do you think the childlike McCarthyite possie's ongoing baseless accusations against many posters here for daring to have a broader perspective, " impress"?

It's a simple enough question. Why don't you have a stab at answering it?

I’m about to watch the news about the slaughter of Ukrainians and the destruction of their cities by the evil madman Putin. While I’m doing this, please whine all you want and also GFY.

These are the people who you wanted to fight your proxy war and now you propagandize over their passing?

You are a vile hawk who now uses the dead so as to ensure that many more share the same fate.

How more people haven't seen through you with this yearning for death and destruction now going on for a full 8 years + is beyond me.

It has been sheer madness. Calls on tv by ex Generals, on tweeter, on podcasts, all asking for arms to be shipped by the tons to Ukraine to fund the partisan war. Send Russians home in body bags. Which is ok, if that is how someone feels about things. What tended to leave me unsettled was the realisation that those calling for it appear not to factor in that grim reaper will be visiting all in the theater of combat, not just Russians. To just fixate on Russian bodybags to the exclusion of all else is to engage in self deception. Mariupol is more a fore taste of what things will look like.

It has been sheer madness. Calls on tv by ex Generals, on tweeter, on podcasts, all asking for arms to be shipped by the tons to Ukraine to fund the partisan war. Send Russians home in body bags. Which is ok, if that is how someone feels about things. What tended to leave me unsettled was the realisation that those calling for it appear not to factor in that grim reaper will be visiting all in the theater of combat, not just Russians. To just fixate on Russian bodybags to the exclusion of all else is to engage in self deception. Mariupol is more a fore taste of what things will look like.

While I think it's absolutely right to focus on the killing of Ukrainian civilians as beyond unjustifiable and that the Ukrainian military are likewise defending their nation I also spare a thought for the Russian dead that are piling up. They are just as powerless to stop the carnage as were the US troops that were illegally sent to Iraq and take part in the illegal slaughter of Iraqi civilians and troops that took place off the back of that decision.

People who push for wars and then use the dead to extend the war or even to escalate things to a wider war are the lowest of the low imho

While I think it's absolutely right to focus on the killing of Ukrainian civilians as beyond unjustifiable and that the Ukrainian military are likewise defending their nation I also spare a thought for the Russian dead that are piling up. They are just as powerless to stop the carnage as were the US troops that were illegally sent to Iraq and take part in the illegal slaughter of Iraqi civilians and troops that took place off the back of that decision.

People who push for wars and then use the dead to extend the war or even to escalate things to a wider war are the lowest of the low imho

Wrong audience. Tell it to Putin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom