• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Jehovah Witness Bible Proves the Holy Trinity

Ive always found disagreements about the Holy Trinity a rather silly thing to argue about. Its a bit like people arguing over what color or race Jesus was. If your focus is on his race and not his mission...you are kinda missing the point. Same goes with the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.

The last episode of Ancient Aliens used this as rationale that aliens populated the earth and genetically altered humans.
Yea, it's called transpermiation (don't look it up. There is literally no chance that I spelled it correctly). I've heard it discussed in the context that aliens planted people here. This helps some to explain the origins of life (think in terms of Evolution vs. Creation debates).

The problem with this theory is that it simply pushes the origins of life back--it doesn't explain the origins of life (i.e. where did the aliens come from?).

Look, I was raised Catholic, an altar boy and taught by nuns...
I am so sorry.
...and was a devout believer at one time. I don't need you to tell me lies.
What lies am I telling you?
The OT and NT are NOT the same documents.
Every book in the Bible is "not the same document". They are all different.

What's your point?
Not even close at all. If someone is writing a book, they don't say "according to". They just say I, Mark, wrote it. It is beyond crazy to claim that "according to" was written by the guy who writes "according to" but this is what apologetics has degenerated to.
Then we really have nothing further to debate, do we?
Many scholars make a case for a much later writings by the UNKNOWN authors.
Yea, I know. These are liberal scholars and are routinely dismissed by academics of all types.
...textual criticism is just apologetics...
True. Textual criticism is used in apologetics but TC is not a creation of Christianity or Apologetics. This is how all documents from antiquity are reviewed.
...and bastardizing the text to claim that it COULD mean this or COULD mean that.
...???...
A virgin is a young person and one that is pure and without sin.
A virgin is someone who hasn't had sex.
God called for a sacrifice. Isaac and Jesus were the "virgins".
Isaac was sparred. It was simply a test.

Jesus--well you already know He wasn't spared.
Both Isaac and Jesus are long-awaited “beloved sons” who are born in miraculous circumstances,
...okay...

Yea, it's called transpermiation (don't look it up.
Transpermia/panspermia is the notion that life is transferred via rocks from asteroids/comets.
It's easier for me to believe (absent proof provided by the scientific method) that life is the result of spontaneous dumb luck than that it was created by a deity.

Transpermia/panspermia is the notion that life is transferred via rocks from asteroids/comets.
Thanks! I knew it was something like that.
It's easier for me to believe (absent proof provided by the scientific method) that life is the result of spontaneous dumb luck than that it was created by a deity.
And I simply can't believe that life just arouse from nothing.

There is nothing "scientific" about that.

Having proved beyond a shadow-of-a-doubt that Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is both a person and God and having done so using nothing but the Jehovah Witness’s (JW) Bible the New World Translation to be able to prove the very thing that JWs deny, it is now time to turn my attention to the Holy Trinity.

And just as I’ve done before, I will prove the existence of the Holy Trinity using nothing but the New World Translation (NWT).

God always leaves a remnant.

Genesis 1: 26
Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness… [emphasis mine]

Why not say “me” and “my” instead of using the plurals if there is no Trinity?

Isaiah 6: 8
Then I heard the voice of Jehovah saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” [emphasis mine]

Why not say “who will go for me?” if God is just a single person.

John 8: 1-11 NASB (The story of the adulterous woman)
I’m including this from the New American Standard Bible as I find it compelling that verses 1-11 have been omitted from the NWT.

Why?

I suspect it is because Christ forgave her sins in verses 10 and 11:

“And straightening up, Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” She said, “No one, [a]Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on do not sin any longer.” [emphasis mine]

And as the NWT states in Mark 2:

Mark 2: 5-7
When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic: “Child, your sins are forgiven.” Now some of the scribes were there, sitting and reasoning in their hearts: “Why is this man talking this way? He is blaspheming. Who can forgive sins except one, God? [emphasis mine]

And since Jesus did forgive sins and only God can forgive sins then Jesus is God.

And He is God even if the NWT omits sections of Scripture that prove it!

John 5:17-18
But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.” This is why the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God.

Jesus equated Himself with God. The Jews recognized this and sought to kill Him for blasphemy.

John 5:58-59 NWT
Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, before Abraham came into existence, I have been.” So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid and went out of the temple. [emphasis mine]

For context…

John 5:58-59 NASB
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham [s]was born, I am.” Therefore, they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and left the temple grounds. [emphasis mine]

I am adding the NASB version so everyone can see how this verse has been edited by JWs.

The NASB clearly shows Christ calling Himself God by referring to Himself as “I Am” (a recognized name of God by Christians and JWs, alike) while the NWT has edited the verse to read, “I have been” (whatever that means).

The Jews He was speaking to at the time believed Him guilty of blasphemy and both the NWT and the NASB state that they “picked up stones to throw at him”.

My point is that if Jesus is not calling Himself God as He does in John 8:58 then John 8: 59 loses all context.

If He’s not calling Himself then there is no context for the Jews to stone Him.

It is also a wonderful illustration of how the Scriptures lose context / meaning when you edit the truth out of them.

PART I of II
Who heard God say any of that?

Thanks! I knew it was something like that.

And I simply can't believe that life just arouse from nothing.

There is nothing "scientific" about that.
Human knowledge remains limited until we evolve additional capacity to discover and to understand. You have faith in something (god) and I have faith in nothing. Your faith limits your capacity to evolve and to understand and my faith yields perpetual potential. Different strokes....

Human knowledge remains limited until we evolve additional capacity to discover and to understand. You have faith in something (god) and I have faith in nothing.
Sounds like you have faith in science.
Your faith limits your capacity to evolve and to understand and my faith yields perpetual potential. Different strokes....
You're assumptions here are wrong. You're assumptions being, of course:

1. Evolution is real.
2. That being a Christian limits your ability to think, reason, etc.

1. Evolution is real.
2. That being a Christian limits your ability to think, reason, etc.
Your #1 negates your #2 if you believe evolution isn't real.
Religions do not promote individual thinking/critical thinking. They promote blind obedience and adherence to dogma. There are christians who regularly participate in these discussions who cannot take a crap without first having it endorsed by a biblical passage. There are christian members here who argue about who is the right kind of christian, whose bible is the right bible, whose interpretation is the correct interpretation, whose entire life is governed entirely by the tenets of their religion. The religious right wing/far right may not be the majority but they yell the loudest; they certainly do not provide evidence of the ability to think critically.

I am so sorry.

What lies am I telling you?

Every book in the Bible is "not the same document". They are all different.

What's your point?

Then we really have nothing further to debate, do we?

Yea, I know. These are liberal scholars and are routinely dismissed by academics of all types.

True. Textual criticism is used in apologetics but TC is not a creation of Christianity or Apologetics. This is how all documents from antiquity are reviewed.

...???...

A virgin is someone who hasn't had sex.

Isaac was sparred. It was simply a test.

Jesus--well you already know He wasn't spared.

...okay...
Nope....see bolded above. When someone claims the OT and NT are basically the same and that "according to" means the actual apostle wrote it and gives such early dates for the NT writings is for me "nothing further to debate". Paul invented Christianity out of whole cloth, and that isn't the cloth from a priest's robe.

Ive always found disagreements about the Holy Trinity a rather silly thing to argue about. Its a bit like people arguing over what color or race Jesus was. If your focus is on his race and not his mission...you are kinda missing the point. Same goes with the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.
Some people love to argue...I do not, never did...I like to state what I believe and move on...

Nope....see bolded above. When someone claims the OT and NT are basically the same and that "according to" means the actual apostle wrote it and gives such early dates for the NT writings is for me "nothing further to debate". Paul invented Christianity out of whole cloth, and that isn't the cloth from a priest's robe.
Well, I've guess we've nothing further to discuss.

Have a nice day.

Well, I've guess we've nothing further to discuss.

Have a nice day.
I already said that. I think I also said I debated religion for not years but decades and it always comes to the believers wanting me to debate on their terms, IOW, AS IF the bible was ordained by some God and that every sentence and syllable is 100% true and no contradictions, like someone saying there is no inflation when everything costs more, black can be white, up can be down and 2+2 could equal 5.

Trying to say that the OT and NT are just one document is downright stupid.

I already said that. I think I also said I debated religion for not years but decades and it always comes to the believers wanting me to debate on their terms, IOW, AS IF the bible was ordained by some God and that every sentence and syllable is 100% true and no contradictions, like someone saying there is no inflation when everything costs more, black can be white, up can be down and 2+2 could equal 5.

Trying to say that the OT and NT are just one document is downright stupid.
Right.

Have a nice day.

No. It can be observed in viruses. But there is not transitional evidence of it occurring elsewhere.
There is no evidence that OJ was guilty either. Do you expect to see a monkey morph into a human right before your eyes?

No. It can be observed in viruses. But there is not transitional evidence of it occurring elsewhere.
Just look at the fossil record, for starters. If you acknowledge evolution can occur in viruses, on what basis do you assume it cannot happen in other organisms?

Your #1 negates your #2 if you believe evolution isn't real.
Religions do not promote individual thinking/critical thinking. They promote blind obedience and adherence to dogma. There are christians who regularly participate in these discussions who cannot take a crap without first having it endorsed by a biblical passage. There are christian members here who argue about who is the right kind of christian, whose bible is the right bible, whose interpretation is the correct interpretation, whose entire life is governed entirely by the tenets of their religion. The religious right wing/far right may not be the majority but they yell the loudest; they certainly do not provide evidence of the ability to think critically.
Well, then, you certainly don't want to talk to me.

Have a nice day.

Well, then, you certainly don't want to talk to me.
Talking happens over coffee. Debate happens here. Challenging beliefs and hearing rebuttals gives me fresh perspective. I'm not opposed to the idea of a creator but I am resistant to the idea of a deity.

Talking happens over coffee. Debate happens here. Challenging beliefs and hearing rebuttals gives me fresh perspective. I'm not opposed to the idea of a creator but I am resistant to the idea of a deity.
So you don't thing the Creator is God?

Not unless you can prove there's a God to begin with and prove said God created anything.

I still prefer the idea of a genesis sans creator or deity. It is more miraculous to me than if an entity created us. A creator is just an enhanced version of us. Humans create life when they reproduce and it doesn't take any special talent. But life created by pure random dumb luck or chance, now that's a miracle.

I define a creator as someone who makes something -- art, chili, etc. Gods, again my opinion, are embued with mystical/mythical properties bestowed upon them by the ignorance of superstition. The more we discover, the less miraculous things appear.

Back
Top Bottom