• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Iraqis are ahead of the game.

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
U.S. declaration of independence 1776.

U.S. achieves liberation from the British in 1783.

U.S. Constitutional first draft written in 1787 ratified in 1788.

First U.S. president elected in 1789.

Iraq liberation from Saddam Hussein 2003.

Iraqi constitution ratified 2005.

Iraqis first president to be elected tomorrow.

It seems to me the Iraqis are ahead of the game.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:

You ought to look at post-war Japan and Germany, too.
Germany didnt have an army until 1955.

Lets just hope they stay on the course.

Chris said:
Lets just hope they stay on the course.
Exactly...

Once people understand the word "resolve" maybe they'll understand the big picture...

BTW - referring to your signature...

When the government fears the people that is LIBERTY. When people fear the government that is TYRANNY.
Unknown

I KNOW who said that...

Sccoby Doo...In the one with the Harlem Globetrotters...:2wave:

U.S. declaration of independence 1776.

U.S. achieves liberation from the British in 1783.

U.S. Constitutional first draft written in 1787 ratified in 1788.

First U.S. president elected in 1789.

Iraq liberation from Saddam Hussein 2003.

Iraqi constitution ratified 2005.

Iraqis first president to be elected tomorrow.

I always dislike the debate to leave Iraq, when America itself was not "built" over night. Good point! :mrgreen:

We didn't have any role model democracies at the time, nor a global superpower to fight off the Brits and the Natives for us. But they're still making notable progress in spite of the insurgency, and it's good to see.

Binary_Digit said:
We didn't have any role model democracies at the time, nor a global superpower to fight off the Brits and the Natives for us. But they're still making notable progress in spite of the insurgency, and it's good to see.

Thats my only argument about the whole thing... we did it... they could do it to......

That is.. if it weren't for them being right dead center of all the Islamo-facism and right next to Iran.
Oh, and the fact that your average Iraqi is ****ing LAZY!
But, they are improving on that at least... I think I saw a think on TV (wasn't really paying attention, it was like background noise) where some Iraqis are taking over construction projects outright from US Contractors. I say.. GOOD FOR THEM! It will boost thier economy a little, and, hopefully ease up on thier dependency of us. Plus, those with steady jobs will be an inspiration to the bastard trying to sell gasoline on the side of the street out of a 5 gallon container... well... that is unless the gas lines aren't as long as they used to be... used to be gas lines for 5 miles, people pushing thier cars and stuff...Hopefully they have at least made that improvement.

Caine said:
Thats my only argument about the whole thing... we did it... they could do it to......

That is.. if it weren't for them being right dead center of all the Islamo-facism and right next to Iran.
Oh, and the fact that your average Iraqi is ****ing LAZY!
But, they are improving on that at least... I think I saw a think on TV (wasn't really paying attention, it was like background noise) where some Iraqis are taking over construction projects outright from US Contractors. I say.. GOOD FOR THEM! It will boost thier economy a little, and, hopefully ease up on thier dependency of us. Plus, those with steady jobs will be an inspiration to the bastard trying to sell gasoline on the side of the street out of a 5 gallon container... well... that is unless the gas lines aren't as long as they used to be... used to be gas lines for 5 miles, people pushing thier cars and stuff...Hopefully they have at least made that improvement.

Why are you depricating the Iraqi people, they've been through alot of **** and I think they deserve our respect especially the Shiites and Kurds who we ****ed over after the first gulf war and sentenced to death when we didn't back their revolution when we promised we would! Why weren't we given flowers and candy when we entered Baghdad . . . . oh maybe cuz they were pissed that we took so long?

Why are you depricating the Iraqi people, they've been through alot of **** and I think they deserve our respect especially the Shiites and Kurds who we ****ed over after the first gulf war and sentenced to death when we didn't back their revolution when we promised we would! Why weren't we given flowers and candy when we entered Baghdad . . . . oh maybe cuz they were pissed that we took so long?

How was I depreciating the Iraqi people??? Can you tell me?

I gave them props for getting off thier asses and working for something, which is more than I can say for them when I WAS THERE....
What does this mean? It means that they are showing signs that they actually care for the direction thier country is headed (althought not all of them, we didn't have the support of everyone in the US when we were fighting for freedom either).

Of course, you would try to find something wrong with anything I say because im a liberal, and your a Savage listener.

I was being honest..... I guess the conservatives find ANYTHING that isn't completely positive as something bad.

Caine said:
How was I depreciating the Iraqi people??? Can you tell me?

I gave them props for getting off thier asses and working for something, which is more than I can say for them when I WAS THERE....
What does this mean? It means that they are showing signs that they actually care for the direction thier country is headed (althought not all of them, we didn't have the support of everyone in the US when we were fighting for freedom either).

Of course, you would try to find something wrong with anything I say because im a liberal, and your a Savage listener.

I was being honest..... I guess the conservatives find ANYTHING that isn't completely positive as something bad.

enh I read up to the point that the average Iraqi is lazy. The whole comment seems like your taking a stab at the Iraqis though.

Binary_Digit said:

Actually the French backed us.

enh I read up to the point that the average Iraqi is lazy. The whole comment seems like your taking a stab at the Iraqis though.

No, its honesty about how I (and about 700 other soldiers of the 3/325) viewed the average Baghdad citizen during our time in Baghdad....hrm.. when did we get there... I think it was the end of May 2003 until we departed in Feb 2004.

Since then, it seems on the news anyhow, they have decided to grab a little motivation, and thats a good thing if they want to make it on thier own one day.

I can't say anything for Dec 04 to March 05, when I was there my 2nd time... cause I was stuck in the mother****ing company CP all day long... thus is the life of a useless NBC Sergeant in an area already void of NBC threats.

Caine said:
No, its honesty about how I (and about 700 other soldiers of the 3/325) viewed the average Baghdad citizen during our time in Baghdad....hrm.. when did we get there... I think it was the end of May 2003 until we departed in Feb 2004.

Since then, it seems on the news anyhow, they have decided to grab a little motivation, and thats a good thing if they want to make it on thier own one day.

I can't say anything for Dec 04 to March 05, when I was there my 2nd time... cause I was stuck in the mother****ing company CP all day long... thus is the life of a useless NBC Sergeant in an area already void of NBC threats.

Well **** I aint met an Iraqi myself so I'll have to take your word for it, but it still seems to me that they're ahead of the game unless we're trying to get instant gratification here, anywho:

you're the man I now must lay prostrate and bend the knee to the one who knows cuz he's been there.

Infantry?

Well **** I aint met an Iraqi myself so I'll have to take your word for it, but it still seems to me that they're ahead of the game unless we're trying to get instant gratification here, anywho:

you're the man I now must lay prostrate and bend the knee to the one who knows cuz he's been there.

Infantry?

Well, I was one of three "non-combat" skilled soldiers in my Infantry Company.
NBC Guy (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)

Did alot of infantry stuff, served as an extra mortarman during our combat missions before the "end of major combat operations" because my job was useless unless I was on a recon for chemical agents (which was i think... twice during my one year deployment).

Caine said:
Well, I was one of three "non-combat" skilled soldiers in my Infantry Company.
NBC Guy (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)

Did alot of infantry stuff, served as an extra mortarman during our combat missions before the "end of major combat operations" because my job was useless unless I was on a recon for chemical agents (which was i think... twice during my one year deployment).

Ya I got a couple of buddies in Marine Corps, my boy Ant managed to stay based at home but my friend Brendan ended up stationed in Fallujah allthough it was rubble by the time he got there.

Back
Top Bottom