• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Implosion of the New York Times

IOW you want to ignore writers who exist to write the proven facts about politics and base all of their opinionated commentary on legitimate evidence from professional sources. I will not waste time doing homework on people whose careers focus on humor and lies instead of actual reporting.
As I said, Andrew Sullivan is a fine and respected journalist/columnist, and has been for many years. Your ignorance of his work and reputation undermines your own credibility.

As I said, Andrew Sullivan is a fine and respected journalist/columnist, and has been for many years. Your ignorance of his work and reputation undermines your own credibility.

I am waiting for you to prove the magazine he works for never publishes stupid lies and opinions that are based on fiction.

Nope. The Spectator, like most periodicals, publishes work by independent authors.

Which is exactly why everything in it must be taken with a grain of salt. That is all they are - writers who get paid for having their work published. They do not have political science, sociology, history, and government degrees from four-year colleges. They can write a lot of nonsense that is not reporting anything and call it journalism.

Most periodicals are good at publishing work by real experts in their respective subjects. Unlike them The Spectator intentionally publishes jokes and lies, according to its own About Us webpage, instead of limiting itself to reporting proven facts.

Which is exactly why everything in it must be taken with a grain of salt. That is all they are - writers who get paid for having their work published. They do not have political science, sociology, history, and government degrees from four-year colleges. They can write a lot of nonsense that is not reporting anything and call it journalism.

Most periodicals are good at publishing work by real experts in their respective subjects. Unlike them The Spectator intentionally publishes jokes and lies, according to its own About Us webpage, instead of limiting itself to reporting proven facts.
Goodbye. Andrew Sullivan's name alone refutes all that nonsense.

I noticed there was a piece in "The New York Times" this morning by Andrew Sullivan. It was a review of a recent book about conservatism. Apparently the review will appear in the print version of "The New York Times" on Sunday, January 3 in its Book Review section.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom