• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The human body can heal itself.

Can the body heal itself?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People can believe whatever they want. But as has been established, belief does not equal fact.

It does to the faithful. Some truly believe in miracles. I know I do.

snipped the rest of you post to make a point.

And when prayer has actually been tested, it has found to only have the Placebo Effect.
There are scientific studies which back that up. I am reminded of the Great Prayer Experiment published in American Heart Journal (2006) which showed prayer having no effect on patient outcome post coronary bypass surgery.

It does to the faithful. Some truly believe in miracles. I know I do.
Which is merely convincing oneself of something, as I already indicated. Neither does belief equal fact, I have repeatedly stated too.

No, your faith and personal testimony do not prove that miracles occur. They only prove that you have faith and personal testimony. Anyone can have both and claim any manner of things, some of which you don’t believe in. You only believe believe in the things that fit your particular belief system.
She believes and claims she was miraculously healed. Prove that she's lying.

She makes the affirmative claim, the onus of proof is on her. That's how burden of proof works.

I see your 'like' of my post/s indicates a tacit approval or agreement of my statement/s.

I was talking about Overitall and myself only. Context is important.
On that^ note @trixare4kids, since you are now speaking for both yourself, as well as speaking for @Overitall:
  • These 👇 are words that were previously put forth by @Overitall in 'his' above linked post.
"Although in my prime I preached in parks."

If, indeed, @Overitall is not interested in "convincing" others to "believe" in the Christian God (as he "believes") - Why was he "preaching" his personal "beliefs" in "parks"?

Last edited:

I didn’t say she was lying about what she believes happened. But what she said happened is just her belief and only her belief and is not evidence of a miracle. She can honestly believe in any number of miracles that she want to and honestly express that belief. But that doesn't make it so. The world is full of people who believe in all manner of things that they sincerely believe happened but have no evidence to support that it did. Just being sincere in a belief doesn’t mean the belief reflects what actually happened.

Like I said: scientists have guesses (based on facts). The fact that many guesses have been offered regarding evolution attest to that single fact - evolutionists guess.

This entire thread has been one big FAIL for you. It is quite clear that you started it, basically, so that you could use variations of "God did it" over and over, but the biggest FAIL is your constant repetion of the misrepresenation of science, even though numerous chatters have corrected you quite literally dozens of times at this point. Instead of acknowledging and addressing their particular posts, you instead just repeat yourself.

The "guesses" that you claim of scientists are theories, as you acknowledge above, based on scientific FACTS. Unless they can undergird their theories with said facts, they quickly disappear. I have already told you this--that's the way that science is done, but it is also self-correcting. And there I go wasting my time trying to get you to understand when all that you will basically do, once again, is misrepresent. Perhaps you think that you have accomplished something with this thread, but I sure don't know what it could be. All that you have really done is to embarrass yourself through your lack of knowledge regarding actual science and actual evolution. There are plenty of Christians who fully accept evolution as outlined by the biologists and geologists involved, and then there are the dumber Christians who offer nothing more than "God did it". We seem to have a whole lot of them in this forum.

This entire thread has been one big FAIL for you.
1013 posts is not a failure. You failed to persuade anyone that your opinions are true. Is that the standard you're going for when declaring a thread a failure?
It is quite clear that you started it, basically, so that you could use variations of "God did it" over and over, but the biggest FAIL is your constant repetion
You mean like your constant repetition that it's a myth?
of the misrepresenation of science, even though numerous chatters have corrected you quite literally dozens of times at this point. Instead of acknowledging and addressing their particular posts, you instead just repeat yourself.
I misrepresented nothing. I'm not refuting evolution truth. At least not when it comes to microevolution.
The "guesses" that you claim of scientists are theories, as you acknowledge above, based on scientific FACTS. Unless they can undergird their theories with said facts, they quickly disappear. I have already told you this--that's the way that science is done, but it is also self-correcting. And there I go wasting my time trying to get you to understand when all that you will basically do, once again, is misrepresent. Perhaps you think that you have accomplished something with this thread, but I sure don't know what it could be.
I've accomplished what the purpose of the Board is -- a discussion over our opinions.
All that you have really done is to embarrass yourself through your lack of knowledge regarding actual science and actual evolution. There are plenty of Christians who fully accept evolution as outlined by the biologists and geologists involved, and then there are the dumber Christians who offer nothing more than "God did it". We seem to have a whole lot of them in this forum.
I accept evolution, just not your brand of it. Yours is just guesses. You have no actual proof that humans evolved from a common ancestor with an entirely different species.

I accept evolution, just not your brand of it. Yours is just guesses. You have no actual proof that humans evolved from a common ancestor with an entirely different species.

There’s no “your brand” of it. There is the “brand” of biological scientists on a worldwide basis. Evolution is the ONLY scientific explanation for the manner in which life has come to its present form on this planet. There is no other theory that has even the least bit of merit in that regard. All that you are doing is basically proving my post #1013 that you are simply rejecting mainstream science in favor of the standard “God did it” repetition that we get from the theists and religionists. That is not science, it is only “belief”.

@Overitall

How do you tell the difference between “devil spirits” healing someone, god healing someone, or someone being non-miraculously healed?

Comes a time when you should stop explaining and simply let them be wrong...

but they mean well right?

or at least they mean something.

whatever, great thread. looks like the evolutionist winning again with Zero points.

1013 posts is not a failure. You failed to persuade anyone that your opinions are true. Is that the standard you're going for when declaring a thread a failure?

You mean like your constant repetition that it's a myth?

I misrepresented nothing. I'm not refuting evolution truth. At least not when it comes to microevolution.

I've accomplished what the purpose of the Board is -- a discussion over our opinions.

Success is not measured by volume.

On a discussion board, like DP success is indeed measured by traffic and participation.

If by "success", you mean that a bunch of the atheists spent most of the time telling you how absolutely wrong you were in your claims that are based on myth, superstition, naivete' and gullibility. Not sure that could be really called "success".

Back
Top Bottom