• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Hill Poll: Biden leads Trump by 9 points nationally

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Former Vice President Joe Biden lead President Trump by 9 percentage points nationally, according to a new Hill-HarrisX survey.

Biden lead Trump 47 percent to 38 percent, respectively. In a previous poll conducted by Hill-HarrisX Aug. 15-18, Biden garnered 46 percent support, while Trump's support remained at 38 percent.

The Aug. 22-25 survey released Wednesday found that 8 percent of respondents were undecided in the race.

Four percent said they prefer a different candidate and 3 percent said that they do not plan to vote in November.

Biden holds a 10-point lead over Trump among independent voters in the poll, garnering 39 percent support to Trump's 29 percent.

Support within the two candidates' respective parties differed slightly. Eight-seven percent of Democrats said they would vote for Biden, while 83 percent of Republicans said they would vote for Trump.

The survey comes as the Republican National Convention enters its third night, where Vice President Pence will be the featured speaker.

The survey of 2,861 registered voters was conducted online and has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.83 percentage points.

Poll: Biden leads Trump by 9 points nationally | TheHill

"But polls are tightening!", "They over-sampled Democrats", "silent majority", "the riots are Biden's fault". Did I miss anything else?

BTW, this poll is generally favorable towards Trump and Republicans.

Hard to believe with a pandemic out of control and the cities he promised to save 4 years ago raging out of control and the economy in a recession that its only 9 points.

Hard to believe with a pandemic out of control and the cities he promised to save 4 years ago raging out of control and the economy in a recession that its only 9 points.

95% or so of the Republican base will support him no matter what, keep that in mind.

"But polls are tightening!", "They over-sampled Democrats", "silent majority", "the riots are Biden's fault". Did I miss anything else?

Lol Biden's RCP lead just went DOWN from +7.7 to +7.1. :mrgreen:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Care to revise your statement?

Rasmussen moved from Biden +4 to Biden +1

YouGuv moved from Biden +10 to Biden +9

The poll sampling by Party ID

Dems - 37%
Reps - 32%
Ind - 29%

Gallup

Dems - 31%
Reps - 26%
Inds - 41%

Does anyone besides me see what's wrong with these numbers?

POLL REJECTED!!!

95% or so of the Republican base will support him no matter what, keep that in mind.

Thank god that base is shrinking.

The poll sampling by Party ID

Dems - 37%
Reps - 32%
Ind - 29%

Gallup

Dems - 31%
Reps - 26%
Inds - 41%

Does anyone besides me see what's wrong with these numbers?

POLL REJECTED!!!

Yeah facts, Trumpers got no use for them, Alternative facts suit better.... :cool:

So did Hillary and look at how well she performed as our president. :roll:

Yeah facts, Trumpers got no use for them, Alternative facts suit better.... :cool:

Do you deny the facts I've presented? Are they too inconvenient for you?

Do you deny the facts I've presented? Are they too inconvenient for you?

Naw, just well, the totality that is you, and you over the top constant Trump sycophancy. It must pay REALLY well, considering how in all the meany posts, I have yet to see you critical of anything Trump has EVER done.

That's definitely not good news for Biden. Hillary had a bigger lead at this point, and still lost. And remember, polls mean little if one does not take into account electoral college.

And the fact that Biden not only did not get a post-convention bump after his convention (candidates usually get at least some sort of bump after their own party's convention), but Trump actually got a bump from the opposing party's convention (not something that usually happens).... not looking good for Biden.

Honestly right now all Trump needs to do is hope this rioting goes on for the next couple months as it has the last 3 months, maybe send in federal officers a few more times to liberal areas with the most riots and let them reject him some more, continue to brand it the future Democrats want, and he secures the election.

That's definitely not good news for Biden. Hillary had a bigger lead at this point, and still lost. And remember, polls mean little if one does not take into account electoral college.

And the fact that Biden not only did not get a post-convention bump after his convention (candidates usually get at least some sort of bump after their own party's convention), but Trump actually got a bump from the opposing party's convention (not something that usually happens).... not looking good for Biden.

Honestly right now all Trump needs to do is hope this rioting goes on for the next couple months as it has the last 3 months, maybe send in federal officers a few more times to liberal areas with the most riots and let them reject him some more, continue to brand it the future Democrats want, and he secures the election.

Hillary never led by more than 6 points, ever, at all...

Prove a REPUTABLE poll had Hillary doing better than Biden at this point, like you said?

YouGov said:
august-19-23-2016[/COLOR][/SIZE]"]This is a summary of a YouGov/Economist Poll conducted August 19-23, 2016. The sample is 1300 general population respondents with a Margin of Error of ±4% (4.1% for registered voters).
GENERAL ELECTION (among registered voters):

If the 2016 presidential election were being held today and the candidates were Hillary Clinton, the Democrat, Donald Trump, the Republican, Gary Johnson, the Libertarian, and Jill Stein, from the Green Party, who would you vote for?

Hillary Clinton: 42% (+1)
Donald Trump: 38% (+3)
Gary Johnson: 6% (-1)
Jill Stein: 4% (+1)
Someone else: 2%
Not sure yet: 7%
Probably won't vote: 3%

IDK abpout your math, but that looks like 4% to me, and don't they usually claim a 3 point margin of error?

Naw, just well, the totality that is you, and you over the top constant Trump sycophancy. It must pay REALLY well, considering how in all the meany posts, I have yet to see you critical of anything Trump has EVER done.

I understand. It's not about the facts. It's about me. You are willing to ignore facts simply because I am the one presenting them.

LOL!!

Okay then.

Your are dismissed. (see my sig)

After Clinton's convention, she was ahead +8.

After Joe's convention, he is now ahead +7.1.

Clinton never led by 8. Why continue lying?

Alright! You got the election in the bag, Kamala Harris is gona be your new president. Congratulations.

Nah. Your boy could easily win by attempting some shady as ****.

Actually, it is good news for Biden. Biden has maintained a very consistent lead over Trump for months, while also polling at or near 50% in most polls, with way less undecideds than four years ago.

And no, Clinton was not nor was ever doing better than Biden four years ago.

Actually, Trump didn't receive any type of "bump", and Biden's lead has remained about the same. In fact, since the RNC convention, Trump's approval with his favorite poll Rasmussen has slightly slipped to 47% approval, 51% disapproval.

But the conventions will change very few minds. There's no doubt most voters knew who they were going to vote for this year...since arguably four years ago.

Actually, it's funny how weak and pathetic Trump's sorry excuse for a record is that he has to "hope" for riots to continue as some feeble attempt to scare enough white voters in the right states to give his sorry ass a second term, not based on actual policy, but based on a phony "law and order" narrative he's pushing.

Of course, there's very little evidence that the riots are hurting Biden's standing in the polls. In fact, I'd go as far as to say any voter who would vote for Trump because of riots in "liberal cities" was prone to do so any way. This violence is occurring under Trump. Biden, a private citizen, has nothing to do with it.

Nah. Your boy could easily win by attempting some shady as ****.

Thats par for the course for the Dems. Gona be lots of ballot harvesting this year for both sides though. You betcha.

The polls are tightening - he was ahead by 12. But it's still a looooong way to go to get within the margin of error ar a statistical tie.

Still, Trump has already demonstrated you can win the election while losing the popular vote. As Long as Biden remains ahead in battleground states and counties...

The polls are tightening - he was ahead by 12. But it's still a looooong way to go to get within the margin of error ar a statistical tie.

Still, Trump has already demonstrated you can win the election while losing the popular vote. As Long as Biden remains ahead in battleground states and counties...

He's going to "win" with around 5 million less votes. The courts in Florida will appoint him another term, regardless of counts. The GOP will happily go with that.

Yes it will involve maniuplation and "cheating" but the democrats won't do anything, and the GOP would never allow them to hold him accountable anyway, even if the Dems win the senate.

You'll see.... We all will unfortunately....

I doubt America survives, but if it "triggers the libs", totally worth it....

Until the Social Security checks stop anyway, and stop they will....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom