• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Headache Problem

XDU

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Say someone takes a position on an issue that seems like utter nonsense to you to the point that merely trying to decipher it gives you a headache. Therefore, you don't bother responding to it.

Should the position, therefore, be upheld by default?

The headache defense has been used for millennia by women to deny sex to their husbands. Old news I'm afraid.

Say someone takes a position on an issue that seems like utter nonsense to you to the point that merely trying to decipher it gives you a headache. Therefore, you don't bother responding to it.

The truth gives some people headaches. That sucks for them, but tough shit.

Would most reasonable people also find the argument indecipherable?

thumb_you-make-my-head-hurt-you-make-my-head-hurt-51919441.png

A. Your (or my) lack of response doesn't matter to the post. It's correct or incorrect on its own merits.

2. Reading someone's point of view, no matter how ****ed up, has never actually giv n me a headache.

III. Nothing meaningful as far as decisions actually happens here. We're just a buncha loud-mouths sounding off.

The truth gives some people headaches. That sucks for them, but tough shit.
Compound falsehoods also give people headaches as well as statements which are not even wrong.

Would most reasonable people also find the argument indecipherable?
What if your community is trying to figure out what's reasonable in the first place?

View attachment 67367756

A. Your (or my) lack of response doesn't matter to the post. It's correct or incorrect on its own merits.

2. Reading someone's point of view, no matter how ****ed up, has never actually giv n me a headache.

III. Nothing meaningful as far as decisions actually happens here. We're just a buncha loud-mouths sounding off.
I'm not talking about posts here.

I'm talking about people coming up with insane policies in real life, and then saying that because nobody opposed them, they're allowed to implement them.

I'm not talking about posts here.

I'm talking about people coming up with insane policies in real life, and then saying that because nobody opposed them, they're allowed to implement them.
STAnd up and fight, man! Don't let these people walk all over you. Vote, vote, vote!

The headache defense has been used for millennia by women to deny sex to their husbands. Old news I'm afraid.
Speak for yourself Romeo.

(jk)

Women like sex, too. The whole life as we know it on Earth wouldn't have happened otherwise. And women don't have sex any more frequently. So if a wife is saying that, chances are it's something else and the something else also explains why she doesn't want to tell you the *real* reason she isn't interested. Further, I'd suggest that the whole "headache" excuse may belie other problems.

"I'm really not in the mood right now" should suffice, see? So if the wife needs an excuse.... 🤷

STAnd up and fight, man! Don't let these people walk all over you. Vote, vote, vote!
The point is people live busy lives. We don't have a limitless amount of time, energy, and attention to go around correcting other people's mistakes.

This can either happen in the course of an election itself, or after the fact when elected officials are making crazy decisions while taking advantage of how the next election is so long from now.

What if your community is trying to figure out what's reasonable in the first place?
I referred to reasonable people, not reasonable ideas.

In any case, if it's obvious that an argument has been made needlessly complex for the specific preventing ordinary people from refuting it, it should generally be dismissed.

Women like sex, too. The whole life as we know it on Earth wouldn't have happened otherwise. And women don't have sex any more frequently. So if a wife is saying that, chances are it's something else and the something else also explains why she doesn't want to tell you the *real* reason she isn't interested. Further, I'd suggest that the whole "headache" excuse may belie other problems.

"I'm really not in the mood right now" should suffice, see? So if the wife needs an excuse.... 🤷

The wife doesn't need an excuse unless they're in the dividing up property stage of their divorce. Then she might choose
to withhold sex to get what she wants.

Or bothering to debate it-----no sense in responding

Your numbering system just gave me a headache.

( :) )

Reading someone's point of view, no matter how ****ed up, has never actually giv n me a headache.
You're stronger than I. I've read several points of view that have practically left me incapable of thought for several minutes. For example:

You're stronger than I. I've read several points of view that have practically left me incapable of thought for several minutes. For example:
Oh, there are definitely moments of severe "derp" happening here.

Back
Top Bottom