• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP will not stop at Roe vs Wade

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
In the days since the leak, it has become abundantly clear that the GOP sees Roe vs Wade as only the first step. Alter years of gaslighting the American public that they had no intention of attacking abortion and any accusations that they did was simply Democrat fear mongering to get votes, they are going full steam ahead against civil rights.
In an interview with USA Today published Saturday, McConnell was asked if the idea of a national abortion ban was "worthy of debate."

"If the leaked opinion became the final opinion, legislative bodies — not only at the state level but at the federal level — certainly could legislate in that area," McConnell said. "And if this were the final decision, that was the point that it should be resolved one way or another in the legislative process. So yeah, it's possible."

So now apparently even a federal ban on abortion is on the table. So much for states rights, eh?

Even more worrying, some GOP candidates are already campaigning on the promise of coming after birth control.
the Arizona Mirror reports “After the U.S. Supreme Court overturns women’s constitutional right to abortion this summer, one Arizona Republican candidate for U.S. Senate thinks judges should also take aim at the right to buy and use contraception.”
Blake Masters is not just another Republican, he might win the GOP primary for the U.S Senate seat in Arizona because of one man – Donald Trump.

President Donald Trump hasn’t yet endorsed an Arizona Senate candidate, but Masters is viewed as the favorite to receive his endorsement.

I thought they just wanted to protect unborn babies? Why would they come after contraception? It's because they hate you and want you to suffer. They want to punish anyone who has casual sex and make their lives as miserable as possible. They might be able to spin to abortion debate as simply a moral issue for them, but when it comes to banning birth control there is no rational moral motive to do so. It is just to punish people they view as "degenerate". They aren't proposing these laws because they think it will make the world better. They want to make your life worse.

Last edited:
Republicans see Democrats as the minority party that has unfairly occupied the seat of power for far too long. Of course, they plan to do more.

So now apparently even a federal ban on abortion is on the table. So much for states rights, eh?

I have got to hand it to Republican propaganda, it's remarkable how much it influences people's views. Constantly *Democrats* repeat it when criticizing Republicans pointing out how facts don't match the Republican propaganda. Above is one example, another is pointing out when Republicans violate "small government", another is on "cancel culture", it goes on and on like it's a surprise that their claims are false.

In the days since the leak, it has become abundantly clear that the GOP sees Roe vs Wade as only the first step. Alter years of gaslighting the American public that they had no intention of attacking abortion and any accusations that they did was simply Democrat fear mongering to get votes,
I don't see how you got this impression. The GOP has been pretty solidly prolife this entire time and haven't been particularly secretive about it. They've been trying to pass laws restricting abortion since the unconstitutional decision of Roe.
they are going full steam ahead against civil rights.
I see a lot of deflection away from abortion coming from people that presumably are talking about abortion, like you did here. You, and others, constantly bring up other things, as if you know that abortion isn't actually a winning issue so you try and bring other things into it. Sorry, but that just doesn't bear out to anything we've observed. There hasn't been any longstanding opposition to other civil rights issues, except maybe lgbt related issues, and those would likely just be things like banning tranwomen in sports and similar reasonable things like that.

I don't see how you got this impression. The GOP has been pretty solidly prolife this entire time and haven't been particularly secretive about it. They've been trying to pass laws restricting abortion since the unconstitutional decision of Roe.
Because they kept telling us it was safe, and all the judges either dodged the question or made some claim that made it sound like they would support Roe v Wade.
Republican Sen. Susan Collins, one of the last votes to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh to the nation’s highest court last fall, said she believes Roe v Wade is safe, despite Kavanaugh’s recent dissent in an abortion case.

I see a lot of deflection away from abortion coming from people that presumably are talking about abortion, like you did here. You, and others, constantly bring up other things, as if you know that abortion isn't actually a winning issue so you try and bring other things into it. Sorry, but that just doesn't bear out to anything we've observed. There hasn't been any longstanding opposition to other civil rights issues, except maybe lgbt related issues, and those would likely just be things like banning tranwomen in sports and similar reasonable things like that.
Well, considering the majority of the American public supports Roe v Wade, I do think it is a winning issue.

They have already proposed banning medical transitioning even for adults (up to 25), and Florida is getting ready to ban it for minors. They are saying they will come after birth control. I would not be surprised if same sex marriage is brought up in the next year.

Last edited:
I have got to hand it to Republican propaganda, it's remarkable how much it influences people's views. Constantly *Democrats* repeat it when criticizing Republicans pointing out how facts don't match the Republican propaganda. Above is one example, another is pointing out when Republicans violate "small government", another is on "cancel culture", it goes on and on like it's a surprise that their claims are false.
The true irony here is that Democrats have a near monopoly in institutions of information propagation, with many more allies in cultural influential positions, and their propaganda is still rejected. It's not that Republicans are good at it. It's that most people simply do not believe in the radical leftist ideology the Democrats have made their base.

Because they kept telling us it was safe, and all the judges either dodged the question or made some claim that made it sound like they would support Roe v Wade.
That's not unique at all. In fact, it's literally the standard, and not even just for the Supreme Court. It's the standard for nearly all nominations. The Biden nominee wouldn't even answer what a woman was and Rachel Levine wouldn't answer questions from Rand Paul about whether she supported transgender medical treatments on minors.
Well, considering the majority of the American public supports Roe v Wade, I do think it is a winning issue.
Again, I don't think most believe that. If they did, the reaction wouldn't be what it is because you'd still have it, because it puts it back in the hands of the people. The reality is, most people support stricter abortion laws than are on the books in many states, and the number that support the radical left position of elective abortions at any stage of the pregnancy isn't actually that big. Further, even if it did have more support, it would still represent a ghoulish and utterly corrupt culture that widely supported full on infanticide. And make no mistake, supporting abortion for healthy babies that are viable is infanticide in reality, no matter which way ghouls want to wiggle around it.
They have already proposed banning medical transitioning even for adults (up to 25), and Florida is getting ready to ban it for minors. They are saying they will come after birth control. I would not be surprised if same sex marriage is brought up in the next year.
Good. Parents don't even let kids go to bed at their own choosing because they literally cannot reliably make even the most basic decisions when left to themselves. Anyone supporting transgender medical treatment on minors is supporting heinous levels of child abuse. Most of America sees it that way as well. But, again, it wouldn't matter if it had more support, it would still be child abuse.

In the days since the leak, it has become abundantly clear that the GOP sees Roe vs Wade as only the first step. Alter years of gaslighting the American public that they had no intention of attacking abortion and any accusations that they did was simply Democrat fear mongering to get votes, they are going full steam ahead against civil rights.

For those anti-Roe advocates who are sincerely pro-Life, and not simply against the extremely tortured logic that the Supreme Court used to make abortion the law of the land in 1972, it is to be expected. I mean, think about it: why would true dyed-in-the-wool anti-abortion advocates who view abortion as the killing of children want to stop at just having their states abolishing the practice?

They cannot be expected to be agnostic about the issue of abortion in Blue States on the basis of "States Rights" than abolitionists could reasonably be expected to be okay with slavery only existing south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Even more worrying, some GOP candidates are already campaigning on the promise of coming after birth control.

I thought they just wanted to protect unborn babies? Why would they come after contraception? It's because they hate you and want you to suffer. They want to punish anyone who has casual sex and make their lives as miserable as possible. They might be able to spin to abortion debate as simply a moral issue for them, but when it comes to banning birth control there is no rational moral motive to do so. It is just to punish people they view as "degenerate". They aren't proposing these laws because they think it will make the world better. They want to make your life worse.

There is some truth to that. I have seen that some pro-life anti-contraception people view having children as a blessing. Others I have seen view having children as a just punishment.

I would be as opposed to a federal ban as I am against Roe.

Wors is the China Joe the pedo is going to name Pluto as yet another new LGBTQXYZ. Joe the pedo says Pluto is his favorite dong.
You leaned too heavy on the pedo angle. If you wanted to take a swipe at the LGBTQ community you should have chosen the self identify angle with a comment on how dare anyone assume what Pluto chooses identifies as. And how the overturning of Roe v Wade will result in planetphobia attacks increasing or astronomers forced in back alley telescopes to view Pluto. The Pedo Joe is jus too much of a forced Trump style nickname.

For those anti-Roe advocates who are sincerely pro-Life, and not simply against the extremely tortured logic that the Supreme Court used to make abortion the law of the land in 1972, it is to be expected. I mean, think about it: why would true dyed-in-the-wool anti-abortion advocates who view abortion as the killing of children want to stop at just having their states abolishing the practice?

They cannot be expected to be agnostic about the issue of abortion in Blue States on the basis of "States Rights" than abolitionists could reasonably be expected to be okay with slavery only existing south of the Mason-Dixon line.
I agree with this analysis and I personally don't find it surprising. However, I was commenting on the fact that for years the GOP assured us that they never intended to ban abortion. But yes, logically it makes sense from their perspective to ban it at the federal level.

There is some truth to that. I have seen that some pro-life anti-contraception people view having children as a blessing. Others I have seen view having children as a just punishment.
What I've seen a lot of is "if you didn't want kids don't have sex. You reap what you sow!" type arguments. A lot of people still view casual or premarital sex as immoral.

I have no doubt that a large portion of the GOP would happily kick gay marriage back to the States.

It is not an understatement that the religious right was shook to its core by the SC decision. They could see they where loosing the culture war.

You've learned your lessons well; your superiors in the LW cult did an outstanding job.

What I've seen a lot of is "if you didn't want kids don't have sex. You reap what you sow!" type arguments. A lot of people still view casual or premarital sex as immoral.

I cannot wrap my mind around the kind of mindset that views a child as being both infinitely precious AND a terrible burden meant to punish wanton lust.

slipperyslope.jpg

It's only a fallacy if it doesn't happen. Regardless, I'm opposed to A-Z, so I would oppose A (overturning Roe v Wade) regardless of whether Z happens. I basing my claims on what the GOP and saying. They are saying they want to ban birth control and I believe them.

I cannot wrap my mind around the kind of mindset that views a child as being both infinitely precious AND a terrible burden meant to punish wanton lust.
Because there is no rational line of thought that can arrive at both those conclusions. It is a fundamentally irrational set of beliefs.

I hear the GOP is going to reclassify Pluto once Roe v Wade is overturned
I hear the GOP is going to round off Pi to 3.0 to make geometry easier.

I hear the GOP is going to round off Pi to 3.0 to make geometry easier.
No need to the liberal Common Core math allows for wring answers and full credit, it’s not about right or wrong it’s just about trying and equal outcomes.

It's only a fallacy if it doesn't happen. Regardless, I'm opposed to A-Z, so I would oppose A (overturning Roe v Wade) regardless of whether Z happens. I basing my claims on what the GOP and saying. They are saying they want to ban birth control and I believe them.

You are saying what one possible candidate says is the position of the party as a whole? Should I make the same assumptions of one democrat candidate says?

No need to the liberal Common Core math allows for wring answers and full credit, it’s not about right or wrong it’s just about trying and equal outcomes.
Why do you bother? Do you want to be known for spouting nothing but bullshit?

Why do you bother? Do you want to be known for spouting nothing but bullshit?
Don’t worry Im not challenging you, your title safe

Back
Top Bottom