• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The four safest states are very gun friendly

But how much safer would they be if people didn't have guns ?
Non at all, access to firearms has no impact on crime, positive or negative.

Everyone sees how you conveniently forgot to link to the data your cute little memes pretend to cite.

you wonder why he is so worried about our rights in a country he doesn't live in, nor can vote in

you wonder why he is so worried about our rights in a country he doesn't live in, nor can vote in

Sour grapes that they lost the war is what I figure.

If correlation implies causation, shouldn't all 10 be very gun friendly?

Gun friendliness might not be the only factor but it certainly is a factor.

Sour grapes that they lost the war is what I figure.

I think Aesop's fable about the fox that lost its tail (misery craves company) might be relevant

Gosh, you could have just watched the first 45 seconds of the video to find that out, but of course, you didn't, because this was never a serious question. This was just a drive-by dismissal, not really caring what the answer is.

If all I did was watch videos posted by people saying "THIS IS WHAT I THINK," I'd never get anything done. Why does everything have to be a goddamned video?

If you have something to say, type it out. I can read in 6 seconds what it would take a minute to watch from some dickhead on youtube with an annoying voice.

Everyone sees how you conveniently forgot to link to the data your cute little memes pretend to cite.

Prove they are wrong then before I post more .... and more ....and more ?

UK gun deaths 2015 = 29
US gun deaths 2015 = 33,599

Lets look at those working at the coal face

UK police officers killed on duty 2015 = nil
US police officers killed on duty 2015 = 126

As for homicides in isolation.

_85876097_homicides_guns_624_v3.jpg

Guns in the US: The statistics behind the violence - BBC News

The populations of other advanced countries would never accept this patently avoidable cause of violent intentional killing in their societies and would demand action from their governments to curb it . Why is having such violence acceptable for you ?

Making any kind of case for the defensive use of firearms doesn't stand scrutiny either

Gun and self-defense statistics that might surprise you -- and the NRA - Los Angeles Times

Those 259 justifiable homicides also pale compared with, in the same year, 8,342 criminal homicides using guns, 20,666 suicides with guns, and 548 fatal unintentional shootings, according to the FBI’s Supplemental Homicide Report. The ratio for 2012, per the Violence Policy Center, was one justifiable killing for every 32 murders, suicides or accidental deaths (the ratio increases to 38-1 over the five-year period ending in 2012). That’s a heavy price to pay.

Then you have the mass shootings of four or more people totalling 1000 in just 1260 days ! Around 80% of these were using legal firearms

1,000 mass shootings in 1,260 days: this is what America's gun crisis looks like | US news | The Guardian

Here are international comparative gun death figures primarily collated from UNODC sources

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia

How is any of the above a good thing ?

However much I post here in support of my position I suspect the denial will continue

Prove they are wrong than before I post more...
Now take into account the total population size. Even if the rate of gun crime were the same, say 1 per 100, a larger population will experience a higher total number of occurrences. The entire EU is smaller than the American eastern seaboard alone so of course the EU is going to experience fewer total instinces even if the rate were the same.

And then account for population density, as that is a direct correlation with crime.

And then account for education, of which America is falling behind.

And then account for the socio-economic opportunity, and where it is low you will find greater crime regardless of the local gun laws, and where it is high you will find that crime is low regardless of the local gun laws.

We have a saying in America, coined by an anti-gun President, ironically: "It's the economy, stupid".

Prove they are wrong then before I post more

And another thing....when a meme merely says "according to the CDC"...that's not a citation. That's not falsifiable. Referencing the entire CDC is invalid. It needs to provide the entire URL to the exact study it's pretending to quote.

It's as if I made a cute little diagram in favor of gun ownership and down at the bottom put "according to America" and expected you to believe it. That's exactly the quality of sources you're providing here. An extremely poor quality. We can't even look up and read the info for ourselves to see the data you want us to see so that we can take your side.

If all I did was watch videos posted by people saying "THIS IS WHAT I THINK," I'd never get anything done. Why does everything have to be a goddamned video?

If you have something to say, type it out. I can read in 6 seconds what it would take a minute to watch from some dickhead on youtube with an annoying voice.

The clouds you're yelling at are up there.^^^^^^

What even is the UNODC? I've never heard of it.

Link not just to the UNODC, but directly to the exact source this pic is citing. The exact page, and tell me which paragraph those numbers are taken from.

UNODC = United Nations Office for Drugs and Crime. That took me 3 seconds to find

You've got the link it came from. What more do you want ? The fingerprints of the victims ? :roll:

Now take into account the total population size. Even if the rate of gun crime were the same, say 1 per 100, a larger population will experience a higher total number of occurrences. The entire EU is smaller than the American eastern seaboard alone so of course the EU is going to experience fewer total instinces even if the rate were the same.

And then account for population density, as that is a direct correlation with crime.

And then account for education, of which America is falling behind.

And then account for the socio-economic opportunity, and where it is low you will find greater crime regardless of the local gun laws, and where it is high you will find that crime is low regardless of the local gun laws.

We have a saying in America, coined by an anti-gun President, ironically: "It's the economy, stupid".

My question stands

Safety is a function of many things, not just gun laws.

I didnt provide their fingerprints either so it all must be bunk :wink:
Link to the exact UNODC study that pic claims to be citing.

You should have it ready because you should already have read the entire study yourself, to then pick a position on gun ownership.

Or do you admit that you're just biased and will throw anything out there without checking it?

Link to the exact UNODC study that pic claims to be citing.

You should have it ready because you should already have read the entire study yourself, to then pick a position on gun ownership.

Or do you admit that you're just biased and will throw anything out there without checking it?

No I'm not going to do anything of the sort until you can prove my links are wrong ?

No I'm not going to do anything of the sort until you can prove my links are wrong ?

LOL, I love this easy out fallacy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom