• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The founding fathers.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I've heard that term many times. Who are they? Is there a list of them that I can look into and learn more about these white, wealthy landowners and how they came about passing the laws of our nation where all men are created equal?

I've heard that term many times. Who are they? Is there a list of them that I can look into and learn more about these white, wealthy landowners and how they came about passing the laws of our nation where all men are created equal?

You know, it's just one goggle away

Why does it matter that they were white?

It's put it this way, If it weren't for them , you wouldn't even be talking on this forum right now(wink)

Bongs, I see from where you are coming, but personally I've learned that it's just as bad for me to discriminate against rich people as it is poor people.

Yes, the founding fathers had money and land (and, yes, slaves) but those things allowed them to do what needed to be done, so I can't hold those things against them (except for the slaves, of course).

Why not start with the men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

I would make my own list. It would take time. But it would be mine. If you want a list of people whose values you respect, or at least whose values you know we needed to start this country, why not make your own list?

Bongs, I see from where you are coming, but personally I've learned that it's just as bad for me to discriminate against rich people as it is poor people.

Yes, the founding fathers had money and land (and, yes, slaves) but those things allowed them to do what needed to be done, so I can't hold those things against them (except for the slaves, of course).

Hey Bong , Sam Adams was a terrible businessman and was poor after his Farther died to his death

The founding fathers were great, progressive thinkers for their time. We need a new generation of those.

Yes and no

They only wanted the same rights as ENGLISHMEN

When they won the war, they can simply pick a Gov system of their choice

It isn't a new idea to think about which people had a great influence on the founding of this country. I am sure you heard of The Founding Brothers or

"As Ellis sees it, the founding brethren not only 'created the American republic' but 'held it together throughout the volatile and vulnerable early years by sustaining their presence until national habits and customs took root.' To be sure, their mettle was put to a mighty test. In the last of the 'General Orders' Washington issued to his troops, he acknowledged the uncertain future Americans faced. On the one hand, they had won their independence, which offered them 'enlarged prospects of happiness' almost beyond 'the power of description,' together with an opportunity to work out for themselves a new social and political order for the benefit of man. But he could not be sure the people were up to the task. 'Unless the principles of the federal government were properly supported,' he warned, 'and the powers of the Union increased, the honor, dignity and justice of the nation would be lost forever.' Everything depended on the form the Union took."

Last edited:
Bongsaway:

See:

image.jpeg

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

After Francis Bacon retired from the public life of a playwright and Attorney General and Lord of the house of Commons in England he traveled Europe as a mystic alchemist diplomat and tutored Napoleon who chose to spank the West for slaughtering India's pet Cattle, rather than being its Savior, and thus became Eisenhower to finish it (mine).

Having failed to form a United States of Europe, Francis Bacon, withdrew his attention from Europe, having only the United States.

Francis Bacon was a powerful adept, dancing with Queens when they were young and old without showing age.

He could precipitate elixirs and mend flaws in gems, but he laments in:

The Most Holy Trinosophia
by Comte de Saint-Germain

That he allowed the profane to gaze upon that which was holy.

I don't know when, but the Spanish inquisition caught and tortured him for two years, after which he traveled to the Himalayan Mountains and raised his body.

Washington was his student in his next birth, started a religious movement in the nineteen-thirties and Ascended with his wife who had been Benjamin Franklin.

Why does it matter that they were white?

Because they used their power to pass laws discriminatory against non-whites. In modern terminology, we would easily call them White Supremacists.

Why would you hold slavery against them?

Because England doesn’t have political forums?
British people have been arrested for making politically incorrect comments...or even for making jokes. Not sure I'd use that piece of shit country as my standard bearer of freedom right now.

Yes and no

They only wanted the same rights as ENGLISHMEN

When they won the war, they can simply pick a Gov system of their choice
Englishmen were still stuck with a King and Monarchy is about the worst form of governance there is. The founders had no interest in a King though they dearly hoped to convince Washington to stay on as President. He declined. That is a Patriot for you.

British people have been arrested for making politically incorrect comments...or even for making jokes. Not sure I'd use that piece of shit country as my standard bearer of freedom right now.

“making politically incorrect comments”

What a weird way of spelling ”advocating for hate crimes”.

“making politically incorrect comments”

What a weird way of spelling ”advocating for hate crimes”.
:ROFLMAO:

To you, stating a belief that citizens should put British law above Islamic law is "advocating for hate crimes"?

:ROFLMAO:

To you, stating a belief that citizens should put British law above Islamic law is "advocating for hate crimes"?

Show a case where a person was prosecuted for ONLY saying that.

The founding fathers were great, progressive thinkers for their time. We need a new generation of those.

I read that James Madison was so enamored by Enlightenment thinking that he traded a slave for a book about it.

They were merely men, like men today. However they were less educated than us. For we know a lot more today than they did then.

Why would you hold slavery against them?

Vance, even though I understand that slavery was a part of accepted society back then, I still think it was wrong. I would like to think that our Founding Fathers would have seen that it was wrong, as well, but I wasn't around back then and don't know all the circumstances that might have made it extremely difficult for them to have changed it. But I still feel it was wrong, which is why I felt the need to include it in my post.

Back
Top Bottom