• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Flight that Fought Back

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I just watched a film on the Discovery channel called The Flight that Fought Back.....It was about Flight 93 that crashed into the field in Western Pa. on 9/11/01.......It was a dramitization taken from tapes and memories of the relatives of the people that died......It was very well done and if you get a chance watch it..........Maybe in some way it will rededicate the will of some people that have lost the will to fight the monstorous animals who murdered all those people at the WTC, the Pentagon and in that field on that faithful day........

I sure hope so.........God bless all those people who gave their lives on that flight to save the lives of many...May they rest in peace..........

It is very saddening, that the bravery of those passengers was not able to prevent that plane from crashing. They didn't cower like the terrorists expected them to, they would not submit to their violence. The heroism and sacrifice demonstrated by those passengers, probably saved many more lives, because we don't really know where the hijackers intended to crash the plane into, and just how much destruction they could have caused if they hit that target.

:hm

It was very well done. They had 2 choices to lay down and die, or to fight. Like true Americans they decided to fight there enemy,captors, and there killers.

Like true americans? Don't forget that there were americans on other planes and you can't deny they were true americans even though they didn't try and take the plane back and the only reason the other plane fought back was because they heard about the other planes crashing into the towers.

Do you really think it was so simple as making two choices?

FinnMacCool said:
Like true americans? Don't forget that there were americans on other planes and you can't deny they were true americans even though they didn't try and take the plane back and the only reason the other plane fought back was because they heard about the other planes crashing into the towers.

Remember..The ones on the fourth plane KNEW what was going on at the time...The ones on the first three planes didn't...

The people on Flight 93 had already known that this was happening elsewhere and were told about it through the use of communications with the ground.

When the terrorists said that they were turning around and going back to the airport on the first three planes, there was no reason to think otherwise.

But when the terrorists said that on the fourth plane, the passengers already knew that was not the case...That's why they reacted...

They could've just sat there and hoped for the best...

But these passengers were not French...:2wave:

FinnMacCool said:

I really don't believe you want to turn this simple statement into an arguement but ok.
The other planes I don't think had the knowledge of the days happenings. They probably thought that it was a standard hijaking and that the planes was going to be landed. those planes and there passengers didn't have the fore warning this one did. This gave them the ability to take there destiny into there hands. The other passengers if faced with the same knowledge would have fought back like "True Americans" IMO.

Yes I belive there decsions were few and were clear.
1.) Do nothing and die
2.) Try and take the plane back

What other choices were there that the circumstances didn't already preclude?

I'm just saying that making that making the people from the other planes seem cowardly is kinda silly. They were all afraid really. It just so happened that the other plane happened to have a two people that were very strong leaders but really in any other case they were just like each other and they all died.

I'm not trying to downplay their heroism but its more then just a simple statement because peoplel take things like that the wrong way you know and almost in every case its not true.

FinnMacCool said:
I'm just saying that making that making the people from the other planes seem cowardly is kinda silly. They were all afraid really. It just so happened that the other plane happened to have a two people that were very strong leaders but really in any other case they were just like each other and they all died.

I'm not trying to downplay their heroism but its more then just a simple statement because peoplel take things like that the wrong way you know and almost in every case its not true.

I was talking about the one plane. I think everyone pretty well knows that they didn't have a clue what was going on in the other planes

FinnMacCool said:

I don't know what your reading but I have not seen any posts that attack the passengers courage on the other flights...I think that cnredd summed it up quite well.....

Back
Top Bottom