• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Equalizers

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
No....this is not about our brother Denzel's movie. ;)

2 Cor 11 has been under the radar for me all this time I've been re-reading the Bible.
However, it's now forefront in my mind, after I've read and used it as an argument/rebuttal in another thread titled, "If You Do This, Your Religion Is Useless."

This chapter is about Paul, talking about false apostles. My focus is on this reddened statement.

2 Cor 11

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.

13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

There is no denying that political correctness had created havoc and confusion to so many of us.
I'm referring to fellow-Christians.

Inclusivity and parity (equality), are so propagandized, that we now try to inject them in all aspect of our lives.....including in our Christian doctrine.
Lines are blurred for some. Justifications are given to make everyone - even all religions - to be all about One God under the heavens, but just many paths to this Creator.
They warm up to the idea that this Creator can be called by many names, and can be identified through many concepts - and that's okay.

They must think, His Book (The Scriptures), regardless of what it strictly stipulates - must be evolving with the times.

They must've forgotten that:

The Bible does not teach a democratic doctrine.
The only equality and inclusivity there is, is that Jesus had died for all mankind, that we are all given the opportunity to have our inheritance with Him.....regardless of gender and race.

It does not include "regardless of creed." Religious creed, that is.

The Christian God is the only One True God. All others are false.

So many false religion aspire to be equal with Christianity.
In our current politically-correct climate, they are seen equal by the secular. But we can understand that coming from the secular.
But, not when it comes with Christians.
Christianity does not see any other religion, and false preachers who corrupt the Bible, being equal with Christianity and the Apostles.

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.

Paul does not acknowledge any equality with them. In fact, he's out to make sure they don't get that status.

To cut the ground from under them - is a very strong statement!

It isn't conciliatory, at all.

Just food for thought: giving support to any false preachers/religion are doing the opposite of what
Paul was trying to do.

Instead of helping Paul (Christians spreading the Gospel and exposing false preachings) - it undermines the effort!

Why am I stirring this up?

Because................. it hurts so much to be forced to argue, rebuke, and remind brothers and sisters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom