• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The constant psychological projection of right wingers

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Psychological projection means making accusations towards others of those negative traits and motives and actions that a person actually possesses themselves. I first noticed it among right wingers when occasionally listening to Rush Limbaugh over 25 years ago. As an example, he often called liberals “hateful” when it was quite clear that each and every program of his was filled from start to finish with hatefulness TOWARDS liberals. Unfortunately, his cult then learned from him to do the same, with the result that basically every right winger that I have come across internet chat rooms since that time engage in projection on an almost constant basis. They simply cannot make a post without making negative accusations toward liberals that they clearly possess themselves. Most of them are extremely dedicated to insult and ad hom towards other debate chatters who disagree with them. It so also rampant on the programs that they watch and listen to on FOX and right wing hate radio.
I’m sure that you have noticed it too.
Now let the projection from them begin!

Psychological projection means making accusations towards others of those negative traits and motives and actions that a person actually possesses themselves. I first noticed it among right wingers when occasionally listening to Rush Limbaugh over 25 years ago. As an example, he often called liberals “hateful” when it was quite clear that each and every program of his was filled from start to finish with hatefulness TOWARDS liberals. Unfortunately, his cult then learned from him to do the same, with the result that basically every right winger that I have come across internet chat rooms since that time engage in projection on an almost constant basis. They simply cannot make a post without making negative accusations toward liberals that they clearly possess themselves. Most of them are extremely dedicated to insult and ad hom towards other debate chatters who disagree with them. It so also rampant on the programs that they watch and listen to on FOX and right wing hate radio.
Trump taught them

If liberals don’t like being called hateful then they shouldn’t be so hateful.

🤷

And that is exactly why they've convinced themselves that the liberals and the Democrats are all corrupt, because they are all corrupt. And examples are legion. They are convinced a) "we're all the same", b) they hate themselves for being that way. (petty, racists, greedy, etc., etc.) ergo c) they must hate the opposition too. They indulge in the worst possible thoughts about others, and then accuse them - "us" - of being guilty of same. For example, the horrible stereotype that everyone on welfare is only there to take advantage of the system, and milk the government teat.

I recall back during the rise of the tea party, there was an expose done at one of their huge tent rallies where an obviously disproportionate number of tea party folks were riding around on these little electric scooters, including mostly people who were quite fit and didn't need them. The interviewer asked a number of those individuals what their disability was, and they freely offered that they had none, but that since the government was supplementing acquisition of those mobility scooters, they too were entitled, and got them for free! Lesson learned! As soon as any "liberal" program is designed to provide for those less fortunate, the right-wing-nuts project their own greedy, petty feelings on anyone and everyone who might likewise avail themselves due to real need.

Nothing infuriates them quite as much as the fact that someone - anyone - might be getting something from the government that they can't get too. And it's the same rationalization for tax cheats. After all, " everyone does it ... right?"

🤷
If Conservatives don't like being called hateful then they shouldn't be so hateful, and besides..........
If Conservatives don't want to be ridiculed for constantly bringing up whataboutisms, maybe the shouldn't bring up whataboutisms......

Whataboutism gives a clue to its meaning in its name. It is not merely the changing of a subject to deflect away from an earlier subject as a political strategy; it’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be.

The tactic behind whataboutism has been around for a long time. Rhetoricians generally consider it to be a form of tu quoque, which means "you too" in Latin and involves charging your accuser with whatever it is you've just been accused of rather than refuting the truth of the accusation made against you. Tu quoque is considered to be a logical fallacy, because whether or not the original accuser is likewise guilty of an offense has no bearing on the truth value of the original accusation.

And that is exactly why they've convinced themselves that the liberals and the Democrats are all corrupt, because they are all corrupt. And examples are legion. They are convinced a) "we're all the same", b) they hate themselves for being that way. (petty, racists, greedy, etc., etc.) ergo c) they must hate the opposition too. They indulge in the worst possible thoughts about others, and then accuse them - "us" - of being guilty of same. For example, the horrible stereotype that everyone on welfare is only there to take advantage of the system, and milk the government teat.

I recall back during the rise of the tea party, there was an expose done at one of their huge tent rallies where an obviously disproportionate number of tea party folks were riding around on these little electric scooters, including mostly people who were quite fit and didn't need them. The interviewer asked a number of those individuals what their disability was, and they freely offered that they had none, but that since the government was supplementing acquisition of those mobility scooters, they too were entitled, and got them for free! Lesson learned! As soon as any "liberal" program is designed to provide for those less fortunate, the right-wing-nuts project their own greedy, petty feelings on anyone and everyone who might likewise avail themselves due to real need.

Nothing infuriates them quite as much as the fact that someone - anyone - might be getting something from the government that they can't get too. And it's the same rationalization for tax cheats. After all, " everyone does it ... right?"
His rebuttal sounded like "I know I am but what are you?" Some people don't think about how their comments make them look BEFORE posting them.

This OP is projection.

🤷
No. The 24/7 hate coming from right wing news bears the brunt of the blame. People used to coexist fairly peacefully, that has changed dramatically in the last 5-7 years. I see it in the way my Dad talks to me now (24/7 Fox News diet). I see it when I wear a Bernie tshirt to grab bread at the grocery store. I see it when I have to show my ID (Oregon) to buy beer or wine, too…
I’m polite and respectful, I have not changed my behavior. But I have been treated pretty bad at times that I shouldn’t have been —nobody should be.
It has never been this bad, and it wasn’t like this 15-20 years ago. At.All.

All you need to know about Rightwing projection and hypocrisy and be summed up by Limbaugh railing against drug users and dealers on his show while at the same time he was trading cigar boxes of cash for cigar boxes full of pills.

All you need to know about Rightwing projection and hypocrisy and be summed up by Limbaugh railing against drug users and dealers on his show while at the same time he was trading cigar boxes of cash for cigar boxes full of pills.
He probably did more damage (practically speaking) than anyone or anything else.

remarkably ironic coming from a lefty. And demonstrating a total lack of self-awareness.

Truth = psychological projection - lmfao

This is truly a comedy thread.

Is that why left wingers can’t debate?

Looks like a thread where there will be very little right wing participation since they know they would be fighting the truth......
Well, at least you can spell the word truth.

Truth = psychological projection - lmfao

This is truly a comedy thread.

Is that why left wingers can’t debate?

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROJECTION! Thank you for proving my OP!!!!!!!!

Proof is in the pudding.

Here’s proof….

Circular reasoning isn’t proof. Thanks for proving that.

“Over the course of the past thirty years, conservative media has created such a perfect wall of lies, that reason can no longer reach conservatives. Conservative propaganda has succeeded in the absolute elimination of reason from the conservative worldview.

Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels famously enjoined his movement to “Accuse the opposition of that which you are guilty,” and conservatism has embraced this with full force.”

No. The 24/7 hate coming from right wing news bears the brunt of the blame. People used to coexist fairly peacefully, that has changed dramatically in the last 5-7 years.
I have lots of examples of hate from LEFT Wing news.

“Over the course of the past thirty years, conservative media has created such a perfect wall of lies, that reason can no longer reach conservatives. Conservative propaganda has succeeded in the absolute elimination of reason from the conservative worldview.

Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels famously enjoined his movement to “Accuse the opposition of that which you are guilty,” and conservatism has embraced this with full force.”

“Perfect wall of lies”

We call this projection.

Which wall do you prefer? 😉

A border wall, or a wall of lies? Or are they both? Are we both? Is both both?

Are the wall of lies from within?

Therein “lies” the truth.

The MSM brainwashed it’s followers into projecting what they do to conquer and divide, yet they are only dividing themselves amongst the country, and we are all suffering.

“The Wall of Lies”

It's been a hallmark of sophistry since ancient greece.

Rich people could pay charismatic orators to go out and plead their case with misinformation and fallacy, and they were equally as effective as the people who got out their and told the truth.
They could take a true claim, claim the exact reverse of it, and gain equal footing in the public.

A more modern example that's popular is when Bush's people went after John Kerry's record of having actively served the United States military in Vietnam. They attacked a strength, that was true, with lies and misrepresentation.

Not just projection, but it's all just tools in that same toolbox.

Last edited:
^^^Whoever controls the TV and microphone holds the reigns. Hence the lynch mob media and their cronies. Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, the list of pukes goes on forever in the swamp.

That’s how propaganda works. Corruption with projection. Look, a squirrel!

“Fast as fast can be, you’ll never take the bic away from me.” - IQ57

Last edited:
No. The 24/7 hate coming from right wing news bears the brunt of the blame. People used to coexist fairly peacefully, that has changed dramatically in the last 5-7 years. I see it in the way my Dad talks to me now (24/7 Fox News diet). I see it when I wear a Bernie tshirt to grab bread at the grocery store. I see it when I have to show my ID (Oregon) to buy beer or wine, too…
I’m polite and respectful, I have not changed my behavior. But I have been treated pretty bad at times that I shouldn’t have been —nobody should be.
It has never been this bad, and it wasn’t like this 15-20 years ago. At.All.
Left media hate examples:

Jemele Hill (formerly ESPN, currently The Atlantic)
Feb. 2019: During Prez Trump's State of the Union speech, said in a Tweet: "Nah, she [Dem. House Rep. AOC] gotta yell: GETCHO HAND OUT OF MY POCKET". This is a reference to what one of Malcolm X's assassins yelled before his murder as a signal.

Elie Mystal (The Nation correspondent, MSNBC contributor)
Sept. 2019: Tweeted "I've thought about driving my car through it EVERY TIME", speaking of Trump Plaza in New Rochelle, New York following an incident there.

Keith Olbermann:
June 2022: Tweeted "{SOCTUS justices}Alito, Barrett, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Roberts and Thomas are domestic terrorists and should be approached and prosecuted as such."& of SCOTUS "It must be dissolved." following the overturn of Roe v Wade.

New York Times:
-Sept. 2015: Allowed the launch of an online & print version of a "Jew Tracker" chart that displayed the names of Congresspersons opposed to Obama's Iran nuclear agreement & if they were Jewish or not (The Times later deleted the "Jewish or not" column from the article).

-Aug. 2018: Hired Sarah Jeong for the editorial board despite knowing of her Anti-White racism in Tweets from 2013 & 2014 (Jeong left the NY Times in Aug. 2019).

-Oct. 2018: Under the title "Five Novelists Imagine Trump's Next Chapter", The Times published a fantasy story about Trump's assassination as part of a series of "fictional endings" to the Trump/Russia issue.

-Apr. 2019: The Times' international edition published a cartoon depicting Prez Trump wearing a yarmulke & Israeli PM Netanyahu as a dog with a Star of David on a collar. Another hateful cartoon against the Israeli PM was published days later.

WaPo:
-Dec. 2015: Published a political cartoon by Ann Telnaes depicting Senator Ted Cruz's children as monkeys.

CNN:
-June 2015: Fredricka Whitfield called James Boulware, attacker of the Dallas police headquarters, "courageous and brave".

Those are just a miniscule sample.

Back
Top Bottom