• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Case for Christ

I'm sorry, are you claiming that theists have the goal of sincerely learning from atheists and agnostics about their positions? That's not been my experience.

I am not the one who is throwing the questions out there to atheists because there is nothing they've got to say that interests me in the least...atheists on the other hand like to question only for the goal I've already mentioned...

I am not the one who is throwing the questions out there to atheists because there is nothing they've got to say that interests me in the least...atheists on the other hand like to question only for the goal I've already mentioned...

Yet you read all our posts.

And the evidence for this claim is?? It appears to me that you are using it as an excuse for why you are unable to communicate effectively, and you are denying your own personal responsibility.

I am simply not going to argue Christian theology with an atheist.

Debate between committed theists and committed atheists is really a rather absurd idea. Both have made up their minds on the topic, and neither side can actually prove their root belief to be true.

Debate between committed theists and committed atheists is really a rather absurd idea. Both have made up their minds on the topic, and neither side can actually prove their root belief to be true.

Agreed, which is exactly why I don't question them on their beliefs or lack thereof...there will never be a meeting of the minds in that aspect...

Or, it could be that they want you to back up your claims with your own words, rather than just putting some raw link out there.

Or, it could be that they want you to back up your claims with your own words, rather than just putting some raw link out there.

She doesn't seem to understand the basic premise of a debate forum.

That's odd, I usually hear it the other way around.
While I have heard legitimate arguments that Hitler was Christian, or pagan, or atheist, I have never heard anyone blame Stalin's atrocities on Christians; only on atheists.

Well let's put the blame for such atrocities on who it belongs...the person or persons who commit the horrible acts and not on the groups they claim to belong to...Jesus brought out that actions speak louder than words and not everyone is who they claim to be...Matthew 7:13-38...

“Each of us will render an account for himself to God.” Romans 14:12

While I have heard legitimate arguments that Hitler was Christian, or pagan, or atheist, I have never heard anyone blame Stalin's atrocities on Christians; only on atheists.

They usually say Stalin was a seminary student.

They usually say Stalin was a seminary student.

Young Stalin soon dubbed Father Abashidze the Black Spot. Ironically, it was probably from Abashidze that Stalin learned how to run a spy network. The priest had a corrupt network of students who informed on others for various infractions, the principal of which was reading forbidden books.

Stalin had already heard quite a bit about recent history at Tiflis Seminary, thanks to his older friend and former alumnus Lado Ketskhoveli, who had instigated a student rebellion there. And there were other incidents. In 1885, a student — Silibistro ‘Silva’ Jibladze — beat up a rector who insulted the Georgian language. The following year, another student fatally stabbed the man with a Georgian sword. Another friend of Stalin’s, Philip Makharadze, later said that no secular school produced as many atheists as had Tiflis Seminary (p. 55).

https://churchmousec.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/the-best-and-worst-from-stalins-seminary-years/

Young Stalin soon dubbed Father Abashidze the Black Spot. Ironically, it was probably from Abashidze that Stalin learned how to run a spy network. The priest had a corrupt network of students who informed on others for various infractions, the principal of which was reading forbidden books.

Stalin had already heard quite a bit about recent history at Tiflis Seminary, thanks to his older friend and former alumnus Lado Ketskhoveli, who had instigated a student rebellion there. And there were other incidents. In 1885, a student — Silibistro ‘Silva’ Jibladze — beat up a rector who insulted the Georgian language. The following year, another student fatally stabbed the man with a Georgian sword. Another friend of Stalin’s, Philip Makharadze, later said that no secular school produced as many atheists as had Tiflis Seminary (p. 55).

https://churchmousec.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/the-best-and-worst-from-stalins-seminary-years/

Do you ever use accredited sources, or just the National Enquirer blogs?

Do you ever use accredited sources, or just the National Enquirer blogs?

No, I've read Stalin biographies and history books. I am unfamiliar with this National Enquirer.

Back
Top Bottom